Midwest Gathering (Illinois)

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

call-911
Approved Member

Re: Midwest Gathering (Illinois)

Post by call-911 »

top cat mike wrote:there seems to be a bunch of folks from the area that cruise this site...it would be kinda cool to see some of the other vintage rigs in action...what would it take to put a get together up and running...lord knows if u live in the area there isn't much else to do now except day dream about using ur cars 8)

Not so! :D I need to get my body painted, but after that I'll be looking for a free night to go to Leisure Hours and get some practice time on the indoor track with my Sibenelch build and my Slash. Maybe something can be organized....
Keith C

top cat mike
Approved Member

Post by top cat mike »

has anybody been to underground r/c??? i don't know how that place is but i know leisure is not the spot to run vintage :roll:

call-911
Approved Member

Post by call-911 »

top cat mike wrote:has anybody been to underground r/c??? i don't know how that place is but i know leisure is not the spot to run vintage :roll:
What makes you say that? Do people break a lot of parts there or something? I've never run there personally, but I have been there and the tracks looked pretty cool.
Keith C

top cat mike
Approved Member

Post by top cat mike »

place is pretty big(indoor)...i have only been there for nitro practice and always manage to break something on my truck(my fault but of course :oops: ) i am sure if driven correctly it wouldn't be a huge problem but some of those jumps are HUGE :shock:...maybe i should just drive my rigs in a bubble :)

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

I think I see a lot of nitro's breaking stuff there. When the slash class or other electrics race I don't see the carnage. I think with nitro that's just the nature of the beast. jmo

This is all very interesting!

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

I went out to Leisure with my slash for the first time last Friday. I had a great time. I need to get electronics into my "What's old is new.." gold tub worlds mobile thingy so I can bring that next time. Maybe I'll see some of you guys out there.

ps Trans Am Nationals April 4-5 in Winthrop Harbor IL http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=632

call-911
Approved Member

Post by call-911 »

AscotConversion wrote: ps Trans Am Nationals April 4-5 in Winthrop Harbor IL http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=632
Yup, Doug and I should be there.
Keith C

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

"I went out to Leisure with my slash for the first time last Friday. I had a great time. I need to get electronics into my "What's old is new.." gold tub worlds mobile thingy so I can bring that next time. Maybe I'll see some of you guys out there."

Ascot let us know when you're coming out again maybe I'll stop over and say hi. I live about 20 min from the racetrack.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Anybody still thinkin about this little get together/bash fest/race idea? Kinda curious...been thinkin this kinda died out. 'bout 3 hours away and might be interested if I can get around the whole 'work' thing...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

klavy69 wrote:Anybody still thinkin about this little get together/bash fest/race idea? Kinda curious...been thinkin this kinda died out. 'bout 3 hours away and might be interested if I can get around the whole 'work' thing...
Todd
i would totally take a drive this summer to hang out with other rc10 dweebs.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Hey hoopty,
Is there any trails for 4 wheelin around there? I'd bring the ranger if you bring the zuki...red or yellow...your choice :wink: .
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

klavy69 wrote:Hey hoopty,
Is there any trails for 4 wheelin around there? I'd bring the ranger if you bring the zuki...red or yellow...your choice :wink: .
Todd
i know of cliffs offroad park down by starved rock, and the badlands in attica, indiana. i've only been to cliffs a couple times, and while there are definitely hard trails there, it isnt too big and more of a 4wheeler park. still fun though... i've heard that the badlands are pretty cool, but i havent been yet.

growing up in colorado definitely will spoil you... :?

pm me if you wanna go wheelin sometime once the weather gets a little better. i'm sure me and a buddy will be going to cliffs more than a few times this summer.

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

a01butal wrote:"I went out to Leisure with my slash for the first time last Friday. I had a great time. I need to get electronics into my "What's old is new.." gold tub worlds mobile thingy so I can bring that next time. Maybe I'll see some of you guys out there."

Ascot let us know when you're coming out again maybe I'll stop over and say hi. I live about 20 min from the racetrack.

I will be at the Checkpoint race at LH this weekend with the RC10 gold mobile trying to stay out of last place..so if you want a good laugh, come on out... :mrgreen:

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

AscotConversion wrote:
a01butal wrote:"I went out to Leisure with my slash for the first time last Friday. I had a great time. I need to get electronics into my "What's old is new.." gold tub worlds mobile thingy so I can bring that next time. Maybe I'll see some of you guys out there."

I will be at the Checkpoint race at LH this weekend with the RC10 gold mobile trying to stay out of last place..so if you want a good laugh, come on out... :mrgreen:
Great maybe I'll see you there, I'll be the one with the red carnation boutonniere. :wink:

H2oSprayer

Post by H2oSprayer »

Eau Rouge wrote: I have been contemplating putting together a little informal gathering of collectors and enthusiasts here in the Midwest. More of a display, show-off and swap meet for anyone who'd love to attend.
Anyone interested?
I think this would be a great idea and I would love to attend.