Tamiya has re released the Boomerang.....

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GJW
Approved Member

Re: Tamiya has re released the Boomerang.....

Post by GJW »

ha i used to open my presents too, i was a massive fan of water pistols my fav was an electric one that looked like a mp5 man we had some cools battles :mrgreen:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

marui hunter 73 wrote:ha i used to open my presents too, i was a massive fan of water pistols my fav was an electric one that looked like a mp5 man we had some cools battles :mrgreen:
I remember those, or something like them, back in the mid to late 80s. I bought one in WalMart I think, then rode through town Blasting everyone I knew. Back in those days, mine didnt even have the ORANGE tip on the barrel to shows its toyness. It looked REAL (from a few away anyway, hehe). In 2 or 3 hours hours, it was ALL OUT WAR!! You couldnt go anywhere in town, without someone wettin you down. I'd bet there were close to 100 people running around squirting each other that night. Of course, not everyone had the money for the "fancy schmancy electric", so there were enough of the Cheapo Yellow, Pink, and Blue ones, to make you "cautious" around groups. LOL Straight up DRIVE BYS, Holmes!!! Only lasted a couple more nights though. Got tired of being wet, and haveing to look over your shoulder all night. LOL *Ren Voice* meeeemorieees

Oh, and I had a COOL ASS 70 Monte Carlo too, so I could get away if I saw em coming, hehe. DAMN I miss that car!!!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

FasterLouder wrote:Well,they've already released the Blackfoot as the Blackfoot Extreme and the King Blackfoot...With the origonal,that's three Blackfoots,already.
I can't see them doing a fourth,especially not as the origonal kit re-released.
My bet is they'll keep on with the Boomerang/Hotshot type cars-Like the Supershot & Bigwig.
They've already produced most of the parts stock with the HotShot and Boomerang re-releases.
Makes economic cents.

Apples and oranges. It's like saying a B4 is just like a gold tub RC10, I don't think they share a single part. I think an original Blackfoot re-release would be super popular. And if they did a Monster Beetle, I doubt they'd be able to keep up with demand. I know I'd buy one as soon as it was available.

FasterLouder
Approved Member

Post by FasterLouder »

Melvin-read my post regarding the re release of the Subaru Brat-they've got a good stock of OG Blackfoot parts in production,again,so they might just do it.
All The Way Alive

FasterLouder
Approved Member

Post by FasterLouder »

Monster-I love those old Monte Carlos,too...Lucky guy!
Big,old honkin' GM A bodies!
Is that an MC5-esque quote 'If you ain't part of the solution,you're part of the problem"?
Sounds like something of MC5's 'A True Testimonial'..."It takes 5 seconds,5 seconds to realise your place in the world,5 seconds to choose wether you're gonna be part of the problem,or part of the solution! You must choose,my brothers,you must choose...A true testimonial-I give you the MC5"!!!
"Brother Wayne Kramer,Brother Wayne Kramer...Rama Lama Fi Fi Fi"!
Sorry,got carried away there.
Love the '5.
All The Way Alive

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Never owned a Boomerang or a Hotshot but I did own a Big Wig..when did they come out mid 80's??.. anyway it was along time ago. And we had what was called the Tamiya Nationals coming up and since you could only drive Tamiya I decided that I'd buy the new Big Wig even though I knew that I would have to wait to buy it, and it was due only a week before the nationals, so it was a tense few weeks. All was not lost because I had a modified Wild One that I could race in 2 wheel drive if all else failed.

Anyway the Big Wig arrived on the Friday just over a week away from the big event. I sat up half the night building the thing because I wanted to take it to the track the next day to set it up. So I'm up bright and early getting ready to go, I had some charged batteries ready to go so I wouldn't have to waste time at the track. Just as I was about to leave I couldn't resist the temptation to give it a quick run along the foot path to show my lady how cool it was. Yep you got it! I clipped the concrete curb and ripped the front arm off :oops: (would never of happened if it had been Kyosho) so I guess my brand new "State of the Art" Big Wig ran for about 15 seconds.
But (so I thought) everything was not lost, it was Saturday morning I'd just tear down to the hobby shop and buy the bits I needed simple (yeah right) when I got there the very friendly and helpful guy :twisted: behind the counter informed me that since the car was so new there were "NO" parts available for it. But he suggested that I could get my hands on the parts if I bought another kit discounted of course. These were desperate times and desperate measures needed to by taken so....I bought another "State of the Art" Big Wig.

I got the new arm on the car in no time and spent the day setting up my new car. It was "A Dog"....Schumacher had the Cat, well this was the dog that was going to try and catch it. To end this story lets just say I entered the Big Wig in the nationals and it..we..did lousy but the two wheel drive section with my modified Wild One now that's another story.. :mrgreen:

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

FasterLouder wrote:Monster-I love those old Monte Carlos,too...Lucky guy!
Big,old honkin' GM A bodies!
Is that an MC5-esque quote 'If you ain't part of the solution,you're part of the problem"?
Sounds like something of MC5's 'A True Testimonial'..."It takes 5 seconds,5 seconds to realise your place in the world,5 seconds to choose wether you're gonna be part of the problem,or part of the solution! You must choose,my brothers,you must choose...A true testimonial-I give you the MC5"!!!
"Brother Wayne Kramer,Brother Wayne Kramer...Rama Lama Fi Fi Fi"!
Sorry,got carried away there.
Love the '5.
WOW, I totally missed this, didnt mean to blow you off there Man. Im not sure where I heard that, but heard it when I was a Kid, so you KNOW that was long time ago. I just thought it was GREAT saying that holds true. I dont recognize any of what you said about it though, never heard of MC5.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Tizeye, got any pics of the event?

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

No sorry but I have pictures of the car at the track I will scan them and post them

Tizeye