Which Brushless Combo?

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Re: Which Brushless Combo?

Post by y2kgtp »

Novak Havoc Sport Sensored Brushless System (8.5T) 139.99 - And they have other turns coming out shortly. I asked Novak
what the 100$ difference between this, and the GTB was....

"GTB has a stronger BEC, and is slightly more efficient. I think for the motors that are recommended for the Havoc, the on track performance would not really be all that noticeable. "

I'm waiting for the 13.5T version.....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_221_911/products_id/30216

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Havoc...but out of stock, free shipping ($119.99):

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/551508.asp
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

JK Racing wrote:Havoc...but out of stock, free shipping ($119.99):

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/551508.asp
Does the price go back up when the item comes back into stock? :lol:

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

dunno, there is a store of theirs in walking distance. if i needed one, i would be all over it.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

This just got added 4 days ago to Novak:

99$ brushless ESC that can use 3 cell Lipo.... but can't go lower than a 8.5T

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/havoc_3s/index.html

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

this tells me it will be marketed toward the slash owners:

Motor Limit (brushed): 27-turn for 540-size motor / 12-turn for 550-size motor
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

If you are going to run your B4 you should definitely get the cheapest BL setup you can find because you will need all the money you have for front a-arms if you have 'tubes' to separate your lanes and need rear arms too if you have jumps. I am associated first and foremost but I think they dropped the ball and the arms...just not enuf meat to hold up if you even rub anything. My b4 sits and I run the snot outta my b3 which I really have to work hard to break :wink: . Let us know which way you go...kinda interested in your experience to actually get my b4 back goin again....
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

klavy69 wrote:If you are going to run your B4 you should definitely get the cheapest BL setup you can find because you will need all the money you have for front a-arms if you have 'tubes' to separate your lanes and need rear arms too if you have jumps. I am associated first and foremost but I think they dropped the ball and the arms...just not enuf meat to hold up if you even rub anything. My b4 sits and I run the snot outta my b3 which I really have to work hard to break :wink: . Let us know which way you go...kinda interested in your experience to actually get my b4 back goin again....
Todd
Hey Todd,

Thanks for the info, I plan on given'er hard with the B4...it should be interesting to see how the arms hold up. It seems like a lot of people like the castle setup, but I wanted to stay with either Novak or LRP, which is what I always ran. I was looking for feed back on the eraser/AI and some of the sport Novak setups, but haven't got anything on that yet. It's about $280 for the GTB/6.5 system in Canada, so I'm going to either suck it up or get something less competitive.

Eventually, I plan on getting B2 & B3 to complete the generation gap, so you could say I am an Associated guy as well :D

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

vintage AE wrote:

I was looking for feed back on the eraser/AI and some of the sport Novak setups, It's about $280 for the GTB/6.5 system in Canada, so I'm going to either suck it up or get something less competitive.

Eventually, I plan on getting B2 & B3 to complete the generation gap, so you could say I am an Associated guy as well :D
Got a guy I run with that has the GTB and swears by it but money isn't an option with him. He has had the sport setups and gotten rid of them...they just don't hold up on a 'jumpin track' is his opinion. I can't elaborate on it any further than what he has said but his kid has run with some pretty impressive names though if that makes a difference. I'd like to hear some feedback on the eraser myself. As for cheap but reliable for a good basher I have a couple of the VXL traxxas setups and they were worth the money spent but I didn't spend all that much money either :wink:

AE...is there any other brands :shock: .... :mrgreen:

The guy mentioned above goes thru at least 4-6 front arms a night on his b4 and has been really impressed with my mostly bone stock ftB3. I'll break 1 arm to his 10 on the same tube/corner. I run my b3 one night after replacing 3 front arms on my b4 and the b4 has set ever since....
Todd

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

i'm starting to think that I should just throw an old esc of mine (Novak 410) in it and an old motor...it seems like it's all it should handle. Then I could get a B3 and spend some money on that one :mrgreen: I don't think there is any motor limit on the Novak 410...I could get a 17T or lower motor, something with a little higher end speed.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

vintage AE wrote:i'm starting to think that I should just throw an old esc of mine (Novak 410) in it and an old motor...it seems like it's all it should handle. Then I could get a B3 and spend some money on that one :mrgreen: I don't think there is any motor limit on the Novak 410...I could get a 17T or lower motor, something with a little higher end speed.
You're right! I think it's stormerhobbies.com that has some Vantage motors for $19.99. I'd buy 5 if my wife didn't have me on double-secret probation. They're practically disposable at that price! 6-11 turns I think. :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
vintage AE wrote:i'm starting to think that I should just throw an old esc of mine (Novak 410) in it and an old motor...it seems like it's all it should handle. Then I could get a B3 and spend some money on that one :mrgreen: I don't think there is any motor limit on the Novak 410...I could get a 17T or lower motor, something with a little higher end speed.
You're right! I think it's stormerhobbies.com that has some Vantage motors for $19.99. I'd buy 5 if my wife didn't have me on double-secret probation. They're practically disposable at that price! 6-11 turns I think. :wink:
yeap...

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/searchpn.pl?pn=&dterm=vantage&dterm2=&dterm3=&dterm4=&mterm=Peak%20Performance&instock=on&withpic=&oterm=&useoz=&advanced=&sthumb=on&catified=&weighed=&parents=&uterm=&smode=0&stype=&man=&page=0

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

Don't get me wrong. I love my b4 but when I go to run them I'd rather run them...not work on them :wink: . Just seems the arms aren't what they should be for a true race buggy. The b3 takes alot more abuse and if I do start breakin the arms the LHS has RPM arms for the b3 so that would finalize that. We are running on a tri-oval that has corrugated tubing for dividers and if you catch a tube it just breaks the arm off on that side...unless you are goin fast enuf to spin it around and break the other side too :mrgreen: . Wasn't trying to drive you away from your b4 BL setup but you can always look at it in the way...if its too much for your b4 it'll fit in your b3 or whatever you end up running. Anyway...you need to experiment so you can let me know what works so I don't have to be the guinea pig :mrgreen: .
Good luck with your choices.
Todd

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

ah, I can see how the arms are breaking so easily now. I wont be hitting any walls, maybe a tree every once in a while, hopefully not with an arm :mrgreen: I might just through in my Novak 410-M5 for now and get a 12T brushed motor and give it some abuse to see how it holds up. I did get the B4 off of ebay for ~$50, so it's not like a big investment will be lost. If it holds up, than I will spring for something better.

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Get a bumper :mrgreen: