Post by RC10resto »

8)
Attachments
1B1408CA-15CC-46FB-8AF4-A83D5784E848.jpeg

lexster76
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Turbo Burns - New Rebuild

Post by lexster76 »

It is great to see that this thread is still active! I am really looking forward to seeing pictures of the Turbo Inferno with non Kyosho optional parts and hearing more about them. (edit: just found the other thread...)

I am currently focusing on the Landmax series from the original HoBao based Porsche 959 to the first GT. I have started work on the Wikipedia page as well.

I am always looking to add more useful information to put on Wikipedia for the Burns and Inferno as well so let me know if there is something I should add. A user on another platform requested more information and pictures of rare optional parts for example.

Lavigna, did you ever manage to get the body of the t- burns painted and get some outdoor pictures?
Current collection can be viewed here. https://flic.kr/ps/3guKZY

I am the initial author of the Kyosho Burns and Kyosho Inferno pages on Wikipedia. Please help to keep these pages up to date and feel free to translate them into other languages!

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

^ Lex - I have not yet painted either the Turbo Burns nor Turbo Inferno bodies. I have so many builds that are finished (or very close) but just need to be painted. I can't wait until they are done so I can finally get some proper outdoor shots.

There are so many options for paint, and it can be overwhelming to try and choose one. Some of the builds I want to go the box art route, but also want something original that matches the theme of the build. Having a body painted by anyone who produces quality work is not cheap. All of this combined has resulted in a stack of 15 or more bodies boxed up and needing paint.

Hoseman50
Approved Member

Post by Hoseman50 »

On the topic of painting body shells, I have decided after seeing the pictures of Senna with his Turbo Burns in his legendary mclaren Marlboro livery has swung it for me.
I’m a massive Senna fan, and have loads of Tamiya and minichamps models of his, so this is the perfect combination for me.
I will try and reproduce the look in the photograph, including the black wheels.
I could really do with a high resolution photo to pick out some of the decals that aren’t that clear.
Any help with identifying them would be greatly appreciated.
I’ll update with some pictures as I go.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

^ l looked but couldn't find any Senna photos with better resolution. Great idea on the replica. Should look great, plus it's a easy paint job!

TO FINALLY CLEAR UP THE BSW2 vs BS14 DEBATE:

I just bought a BNIB Turbo Inferno. I can confirm that it came with BS14 gears. To further disprove what USA-1 has been saying, it even came with a note that states the difference in BSW2 and the BS14 gears found in the kit.

Below is a picture of the sealed BS14 gears, and the included note. If a Turbo Inferno didn't come with BSW2 gears, there is no way the older Turbo Burns did.

I'm very happy to finally put this stupid argument to rest! lol
Attachments
Screenshot_20200122-190033_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200122-190002_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200122-185942_Gallery.jpg

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

*Edit - I think this is meant for the Inferno series, based on the included diagram. Can anyone confirm?

I recently found this NIB ARK center diff upgrade for the Turbo Burns. I feel very lucky to have it. I have never seen another. If anyone has any info on these, or any other aftermarket upgrades for these buggies, please post here.

This is the full contents of the kit. I forgot to include the small pads bag in the main pictures.

I wish I could read the Japanese in the instructions.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200203-164515_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200203-165135_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200203-165117_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200203-165051_Gallery.jpg

lexster76
Approved Member

Post by lexster76 »

Lavigna wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:52 pm *Edit - I think this is meant for the Inferno series, based on the included diagram. Can anyone confirm?
I have never seen this before either. Where on earth do you find all these things? :D
You can translate it using a smartphone with a camera and the Google translate app.

I am the initial author of the Kyosho Burns and Kyosho Inferno pages on Wikipedia. Please help to keep these pages up to date and feel free to translate them into other languages!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Yep google translate works great! It’s better if you can use it live with your smartphone but here is just the raw text I got off the pic you provided
ARKTAPUR KYOSHO (Inferno) 1) This set comes from the front of the center differential case, so use the case and genuine parts used for the case and case. (Gears are not included.) 2) Attach C-6 to K-01 with M3 x 18 pi. After assembly, check that there is no contact between K-02 and C-06 (when the brake is applied) 3) Assemble with K-02 with C-09-C-11 C-01K-05 The 05K-02 is screwed, so tighten it clockwise (use a screw lock). * Caution, the screw pitch may be so small that the screw may be damaged if overtightened. Remove the set screw of 02 stroke, pass through K-05, fix it with the same pin as the kit, and install the differential gear. The gear is not included.) 5) C-07 is pre-assembled at the time of shipment. Align C-08 with K-03 in D-cut position and fix with M4 set screw.Assembled spring is 0.4 ', accessories are 0.35 and the center differential is always limited to a certain rotation or more. Replace if you want to use the effect. (When replacing, use a screw lock.) * Caution, if you tighten the M4 set screw too much, the K-03 will deform and Check that the Eve shaft may not be easily inserted.6) Insert C-10 into K-01 and assemble in order of K-0467 collar → top plate. * K-05 / K-08 contacts mechanical plate Please cut it with a file etc. to prevent it.5)For center differential oil use 3000 for silicone (softer than optimal set) 2) Test the front and rear differential with the conventional hardness.3) The initial value of the spring adjustment is to load the screw until the spring is locked (pressure) .In this situation, confirm that the differential rotates smoothly 4) In the above condition, is the TRC clutch effective? In this set, "Confirm acceleration / cornering without TRC clutch. 5) When adjusting screw is returned counterclockwise by 180 degrees (half turn), change is seen in acceleration. Since the clutch is starting to work, return the screw by 90 degrees from this point and break in the 2-3 tanks and clutch shoes. 6) If the clutch is too effective, acceleration is good, but it is easy to spin when cornering. If cornering comes out, the clutch is too effective. Tighten the screw. 7) When the optimal set is achieved, acceleration cornering / gap running performance is dramatically improved. Make adjustments in 90 degree increments. If the center differential oil enters the clutch, the limited effect deteriorates and the set changes, so change the O-ring of the differential case regularly.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

blast
Approved Member

Post by blast »

Lavigna wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:52 pm *Edit - I think this is meant for the Inferno series, based on the included diagram. Can anyone confirm?

I recently found this NIB ARK center diff upgrade for the Turbo Burns. I feel very lucky to have it. I have never seen another. If anyone has any info on these, or any other aftermarket upgrades for these buggies, please post here.

This is the full contents of the kit. I forgot to include the small pads bag in the main pictures.

I wish I could read the Japanese in the instructions.
Awesome ! That's the ultimate hop up part :shock:

lexster76
Approved Member

Post by lexster76 »

Thanks for the translation GoMachV!

I had a closer look at the diagram and it retains the upper aluminum plate of the classic Inferno, and seems to have the same positioning for the mounting holes in the chassis. I don't think it can be used on the Burns.. The front radio plate of the Burns would have to be modified for the diff mounted front brake, and I think the fuel tank might get in the way of the rear mounted one. I have never tried to mount a classic Inferno center diff. assembly on a Burns though.

It is a great part, will you be installing it on your full option Inferno or leaving it mint?

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

lexster76 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:33 am Thanks for the translation GoMachV!

I had a closer look at the diagram and it retains the upper aluminum plate of the classic Inferno, and seems to have the same positioning for the mounting holes in the chassis. I don't think it can be used on the Burns.. The front radio plate of the Burns would have to be modified for the diff mounted front brake, and I think the fuel tank might get in the way of the rear mounted one. I have never tried to mount a classic Inferno center diff. assembly on a Burns though.

It is a great part, will you be installing it on your full option Inferno or leaving it mint?
Yes, it is unfortunately for a Inferno. That isn't necessarily bad, it's just that I was excited to add it to my Turbo Burns. An upgraded center diff/holder is one of the last upgrades I would like to add to it.

It do plan to add it to the Turbo Inferno. I will post pictures once I get it set.

I have seen pictures of Turbo Burns with aftermarket aluminum cender diff mounts. They are not great pictures, and I have no idea who made them. Does anyone know who made aluminum mounts for the Burns series?

Hoseman50
Approved Member

Post by Hoseman50 »

Finally finished my attempt at copying Sennas Turbo Burns.
I dyed a set of wheels black using the RIT dye method.
Painted the shell and applied the decals I can make out to match those on the photograph.
There’s a couple of bits of red overspray, and some dust must have settled before I applied the white so there are a couple of dirty looking patches.
Overall I’m pretty happy with it though.
Attachments
F0EB7C42-1CF6-4876-967C-3B2CC00DEF5B.jpeg
A86D95BE-D3B1-4E39-9A7C-687901A13BED.jpeg
23A7B634-52B3-4BDF-A514-A71D66F4230B.jpeg
A81A3E64-668C-406C-87F9-9FA2A41B604A.jpeg
47925A96-9C6C-430A-8A3C-87D3C03CE4DD.jpeg
6432C9DF-17BD-4630-94E6-3940813BB321.jpeg

lexster76
Approved Member

Post by lexster76 »

Hoseman50 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:56 am Finally finished my attempt at copying Sennas Turbo Burns.
A fantastic tribute to the original! I had not heard of that dyeing method before. Did you make the striped decals for the side-pods yourself?

Hoseman50
Approved Member

Post by Hoseman50 »

Thanks Lexter.
The wheel dye works pretty well, the RIT dye is for clothing really, but works well on most plastics.
Quite a few tutorials on you tube.
The stripped decals were left over from my Tamiya mclaren mp4/6.
They are 1/10 scale, but looking at the photo of Sennas model, they look about the same size.
I can’t make out the rest of the small decals as they are just too blurred to make out on the photograph.

Hoseman50
Approved Member

Post by Hoseman50 »

DE846440-4665-4EEE-B5EB-CDB8D681BD57.png