== LIVE 2008 Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Re: ** LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage **

Post by MelvinsArmy »

tecnica2001 wrote:
Off course Jay did a great job, the guy making the prints also did a great job, now we have to wait till it comes out in RCdriver magazine, I'm buying two copies one to read and one to put away :wink:

Reminds me of my old baseball card and toy car collecting days. "You have to buy three, one to keep sealed NIB, one to look at, and one to trade in the future." :lol: I'll be buying two copies myself when the time comes.

Gixer Jay

Post by Gixer Jay »

I finally signed on on 10talk Freddy!! ( tecnica2001 )

Looks like you guys had an awesome time racing. I'm very bummed out I missed this major event, but I plan to come the next time around. :mrgreen:

Jay, your pictures look sweet! Very nice work!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

Woa :shock: it's about time bro, I know you would've love to come down for this event, hopefully next year we'll see you there :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

tecnica2001 wrote:hopefully next year we'll see you there :D
Freddy, you sure you want to throw that invite out there? If so, you will have one less chance of winning your Main :mrgreen: That boy (Gixer) knows how to drive and will likely be dooking it out with Tim, Mark, and Brandon in the top three.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Gixer Jay

Post by Gixer Jay »

tecnica2001 wrote:
Weave wrote:Can't wait to see where next year will be...
It'll be in Connecticut of course :D :P where else?? It's tradition now, all the best vintage racers from around the country gather at RCHR in Waterburry for the Vintage Nationals :wink:

Where did they have the Cactus Classic?? In Cactus USA off course, they didn't change it :mrgreen:

Hopefully Brian Kinwald or Mark Pavidis or Masami Hirosaka, can show up at one of these events and have the local guys spank on them :D

Covell was telling me how Brian Kinwald went to an Ohio Race and the local guys spanked him pretty good :D

Although, Brian Kinwald was and still is my favorite driver -- don't ask me why, he just is.... :roll:

Freddy, we could probably get Brian to come out to the next event. It was just this time last year Brian flew here to Michigan to attend one of our Factory Tracks Midwest Series events. I'll tell you he is the most normal down to earth "SUPERSTAR" racers I have ever met and raced with. Plus of course I couldn't hang out with the Multi World Champion without getting a few autographs on some of his own personal vintage kits from his past to present. :mrgreen:

mrlexan wrote:
Freddy, you sure you want to throw that invite our there? If so, you will have one less chance of winning your Main :mrgreen: That boy (Gixer) knows how to drive and will likely be dooking it out with Tim, Mark, and Brandon in the top three.

Thanks Jay!! :D You've got some pretty good wheel skillz yourself. Not to mention those killer photography skillz! :wink:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

mrlexan wrote:
Freddy, you sure you want to throw that invite out there? If so, you will have one less chance of winning your Main :mrgreen: That boy (Gixer) knows how to drive and will likely be dooking it out with Tim, Mark, and Brandon in the top three.
I didn't want to be in the A-main :roll: it's just how it worked out :shock: I guess I got a lil skill and lots of luck :mrgreen:

That'll be awesome to see Jay and some of his vintage cars if he ever build any :mrgreen: come down and duke it out with Mark and Tim :wink:

If I were lucky enough to race against them in the Main, and let's say BK makes it too, I'll just park my car to the side and watch them race :shock:

Nah I'll probably try and get a couple of laps in, it's in my competitive nature :P
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

kaybo19114
Approved Member

Post by kaybo19114 »

ok - so, do we have a date for next year's event?? :D

I know I'm definitely going to do EVERYTHING in my power to get out next year - really want to see how my old Tamiyas will run :) Especially the astute against all the RC10s :lol:

Looks like you all have a great time and things can only get better from here

Great job and nice work to Erich and Mark and everyone involved setting this race up - plus everyone who made it out to race
PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | GQ Tires | Slingshot Batteries | Banzai Motors | Team Psycho Cells | Exotek Racing | Team Belly

I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid :cool:

bystickel

Post by bystickel »

Anybody else wish for vintage diameter wheels/tires? It's cool and all, but these cars don't look old. They're a little hard to tell from modern ones.

Molds for tires that size couldn't be more than a few hundred dollars. What about making some Fuzzies to fit old-school rims?

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

Is there anymore pictures from the NATS? MrLexan? Erich? Anyone?
Have a nice day! :)

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

bystickel wrote:Anybody else wish for vintage diameter wheels/tires? It's cool and all, but these cars don't look old. They're a little hard to tell from modern ones.

Molds for tires that size couldn't be more than a few hundred dollars. What about making some Fuzzies to fit old-school rims?
It would be nice, but really it's just not very practical. I ran vintage front tires, but the rears had to be new school if you wanted to have any traction at all. I tried some vintage tires in the rear, and could barely keep my car going straight on the hard packed surface. Now, if they didn't insist on cleaning the track, and letting it get dirty, that would be another story ,that would be fun. But, if you're gonna run on a hard packed surface it seems that you're gonna need some new tires if you want to be competitive.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

You know what's funny,

A lot of people were claiming that this event was about just having fun and watching the old cars go around the track and look pretty :roll:

But by the end of the day, most of us were in competitive mode, TRYING to put down the best lap times, jump higher, jump further and be faster down the straight than everyone else.

In my opinion it made it fun, we weren't afraid of beating up these vintage cars for the sake of competition and having fun.

And even if we lost or didn't finish, you still ended up with a big :D

Chrominator
Approved Member

Post by Chrominator »

Gixer Jay wrote:
tecnica2001 wrote:
Although, Brian Kinwald was and still is my favorite driver -- don't ask me why, he just is.... :roll:
Plus of course I couldn't hang out with the Multi World Champion without getting a few autographs on some of his own personal vintage kits from his past to present.
+ 1 on Brian Kinwald and getting his autograph, he's really cool and nice.
Attachments
bk signing 1.jpg
bk signing 1.jpg (89.61 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
bk signing 1.jpg
bk signing 1.jpg (89.61 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
bk holding 1.jpg
bk holding 1.jpg (99.62 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
bk holding 1.jpg
bk holding 1.jpg (99.62 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
me & bk 1.jpg
me & bk 1.jpg (78.47 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
me & bk 1.jpg
me & bk 1.jpg (78.47 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
Hi my name is Mike and I'm a Chromaholic, my wheels have been chrome free for over a year, thanks to everyone that made fun of them.

The older I get , the faster I was.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

clinehobbies wrote:Is there anymore pictures from the NATS? MrLexan? Erich? Anyone?
Yeah, I have a few more to go through and will create a make-shift gallery. I needed to get my internet connection working at home (and did). I should have them up not later than the weekend.
www.gojammedia.com

mrlexan
Approved Member

Re: == LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post by mrlexan »

OK, here is my gallery...... his is a bit rough, but it works. Any questions, let me know. Thanks guys!

http://www.imagesofmotorsport.com/vnats/index.htm

Jay
www.gojammedia.com

a01butal
Approved Member

Re: == LIVE Vintage Nationals Coverage ==

Post by a01butal »

Awesome Jay, doesn't get any better!

This is all very interesting!