25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (See page 1)

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mattxb
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (updated 11/12/09)

Post by mattxb »

Thanks for posting that up. From what you have outlined I think my RC10 was born in 1986-1987 time frame. See if you agree: It has all aspects of a Cadillac except the shock bottoms are solid with no slot, the gasket on the top of the shocks are very small and the manual that came with it has the Edinger Address printed on it.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

mattxb wrote:Thanks for posting that up. From what you have outlined I think my RC10 was born in 1986-1987 time frame. See if you agree: It has all aspects of a Cadillac except the shock bottoms are solid with no slot, the gasket on the top of the shocks are very small and the manual that came with it has the Edinger Address printed on it.
Sounds like a late Edinger! I would love to know what type of tires are on it?

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Great stuff - I'd seen the TQ10 being mentioned - but I never actually knew what it was - i assumed it was another name for the graphite car!

Following your posts for the Edinger & Cadillac gold pan cars I went & looked at the various documents in the box for my car & found this rather wierd discrepancy - the two scans below are from the very same parts catalogue

This shows the start of the parts list & indicates the Edinger address & the date Dec 86.

The very back page shows the Cadillac address

The 'Summer 84' newsletter within my set of documents is also addressed Cadillac Drive :?

Maybe the crossover between the two addresses was longer than the AE site would have us believe - perhaps they worked out of the two sites at the same time?

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

[quote="DerbyDan"
Maybe the crossover between the two addresses was longer than the AE site would have us believe - perhaps they worked out of the two sites at the same time?[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head! I have the same catalog with Cadillac address dated December 86. I think Associated were moving and working out of both locations in late 86. It takes a long time to move a large factory, offices and stock to a new location.

As for the Summer 84 news letter, it was used more as hype for the RC10 (to create excitement when you read it and build your kit). The news letter was even used in late 87, maybe even later.

mattxb
Approved Member

Post by mattxb »

slotcarrod wrote:
mattxb wrote:Thanks for posting that up. From what you have outlined I think my RC10 was born in 1986-1987 time frame. See if you agree: It has all aspects of a Cadillac except the shock bottoms are solid with no slot, the gasket on the top of the shocks are very small and the manual that came with it has the Edinger Address printed on it.
Sounds like a late Edinger! I would love to know what type of tires are on it?
I will take some closer photos of them, but to my recollection, they are the 4 rib tires but they have no writing on the side, neither Associated nor Goodyear. The rears have no writing as well. The chassis is an A stamp on the top of the chassis.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (updated 20/12/09)

Post by slotcarrod »

I updated the Graphite RC10 and will add more later tonight!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (updated 21/12/09)

Post by slotcarrod »

I added Worlds cars pictures. I will place notes on them later! (This is much harder than I thought it would be! But I will prevail! :mrgreen: )

I need some pictures of a Team car box and a CE box, all sides in the same sizes as the pictures I use. 800X533

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: 25 YEARS OF THE RC10 (updated 10/1/10)

Post by slotcarrod »

I updated the Worlds Car, for the most part it's complete.

I still need good pictures of the Team Car box (all sides). Any help finding these would be appreciated.

FordPSD
Approved Member

Post by FordPSD »

I decided to bring my RC10 out after many years and finish into a truck. I even bought new truck parts. Then after coming across this site and some others I decide to turn it back into a buggie which it never was. I had made it an oval car. I sure wish I hadn't thrown out so many parts and all the white parts I tried to dye a dark blue but they came out purple!. So now I'm in the process of tearing it apart and returning it to somewhat stock. I'll use an ESC and the dyed parts I'll now die black unless I can somehow bleach the color out and make them white again. I still have the unused original tires but the wheels are purple. But I'm gonna get the aluminum wheels that many have. Painting and detailing the body will be the biggest challenge unless I buy one already painted. Can the original color be bought in a spray can or is it one that must be sprayed with a brush. What is the original color called. I bought this around 1989 and still have the box and paper work. Just wish I would have kept all the parts.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Sounds like you have a great project! Many of the original colours in spray can are available from Pactra http://www.testors.com/category/137916/Pactra and if you air brush, I like to use Parma Faskolor http://www.parmapse.com/ . You can get them all at your local hobby shop.

Not sure what version of RC10 you have, but if you let me know I can tell you what colours you need to do a box art scheme!

FordPSD
Approved Member

Post by FordPSD »

Cadilac A which I bought around 89. The manual is dated 84. I can't believe the amount of people that have an enthusiasm this old RC10. Here is a beautiful detailed body on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280413872705&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

and such a good price, :lol: ill take two :mrgreen:

FordPSD
Approved Member

Post by FordPSD »

Yeah but it does look nice! Some great work on who ever painted it. I have the air brushes. I just don't have that artistic talent!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I updated the Edinger with some pictures of mid gen and early with no Good Year on tires. I also updated the Graphite with a nice picture of the early version. The pictures were courtesy of Charlie don't surf. Thanks for the help Reg! :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

on the edinger with the chrome wheels, those are the original kit tires on the front.