eastern nc

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: eastern nc

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Well, I started the vintage thing to relax and enjoy RC again after the sponsored thing kinda burned the fun out of it for me after a couple of years. Fast forward to today, and I am now racing again ( although offroad ) and am doing my best to stay focused and just have fun with some guys. I have a small offroad track in the back yard that sees some use as well, after Dec is better for me and other than GSO I will have a lot more free time and would have a chance to hang out :wink:

and it's Reggie :P

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Speaking of which we should bring anything we might want to swap and trade too.Or just show off lol.DON

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

If you guys ever come to the GSO track, bring some stuff to show off-most guys really think it's cool to see that stuff again

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Charlie don't surf wrote:If you guys ever come to the GSO track, bring some stuff to show off-most guys really think it's cool to see that stuff again
I've been bringing some of my older or recently purchased and restored cars to the track, and not only do people enjoy seeing them, but a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork and talking about old stuff that they have. It's torture because you want to make an offer on everything you hear them mention. Unfortunately, not only can I not afford to buy it all, but I also don't want to seem like a vulture. Most of what I'm running into is that they've basically forgotten they even own it. I am, however, asking them to bring it in so I can at least get pics to bring back to the hive... :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Reggie- Nice to"meet" you. When I do make it to Gboro, it will be with my vintage stuff :wink: It's all I have right now, and probably will stay that way!!

TTMT - Wow, a whole other aspect of nostalgie/ vintage-philia. It would be hard to walk away from the stuff that people bring out for sure! :D On the other hand, people that have forgotten that they had stuff, may not value it all that much so maybe you could stock up for less. 8)

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

i may have a lunchbox ready to bring i know ill have 2 hornets and at least one rc10. my only problem is i might not have enogh batteries lol. is everyone running brushed??? i have a 13 double going in my rc10 instead of the revolution i mentioned b4...

and does anyone mind if i invite the guys from hanger 18 hobbies??? i was talking to them this morning and they run every sunday at around the same time and are wanting to try some vintage stuff i assure u it will be all vintage they may bring some newer stuff to show off though...

anyone going please let me or wes(losixxxman) know and we will get u directions i hope we get a good turn out and can start doing this more often...

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Let's just make it clear to everyone... Don't bring any nitro.. It's a public park an we don't want any negative attention (due to noise and/or (abuse of the fields refering to 1/8)) to make us lose use of this field.

Tim, did you refer the Hangar 18 guys to 10Talk?

Don, I hope you are healing OK. Hope you'll still be out!!

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

wes yes i did refer them to this meca for rc junkies they hadnt heard of it but they said they would check it out...

and yes don how is the leg doing??? if nothing else ill bring you a chair and you can still enjoy yourself...lol joking aside i hope your feeling better

and reg i know you said you would be more likely to come after the holidays... so hopefully we can start making this more regular and get closer to your area and dons a few times so were not always driving so far

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

realoldschooldude
Approved Member

Post by realoldschooldude »

Nice facility, charlie.
But that layout looks a little "busy," as in too many switchbacks. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

hey wes what kind of tires are you gonna be running sunday (whats the ground like at the spot you found) im putting the final touches on some rides for it tomorrow...

how many batteries is everyone bringing???

and is everyone who is going bringing trade material??? i got some goodies to bring...

tim

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Doin fine leg still bugs me at times but still getn around.Been tryn to get my 55 chevy truck home so far hauled two van loads of parts next is the chassis ,doors ,fenders and newer rearend,hood and bed.An d all the extras i got with it.DANG youd a thought i bought a huge box of rcs lololol all this stuff.DON

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

hey don im glad ur doin good are you gonna be able to make it sunday would love to see you out there...

tim

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Should be even if aint got mine runnin i be there just need directions.DON

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

I'm running Losi Big shots in silver compound. (its all I've got right now :D ) The Clay fields have a little fluff on them, but I plan on bringing a broom to sweep the loose stuff. I going to bring some cones, and maybe a garden hose to try and lay out something resembling a course.

I don't have a lot of trade material left :wink: . Wish I did, but I sold off a quite a bit of it lately on ebay. I think I'm going to stop doing that... just keep what I acquire until someone else wants it and has something I need or want. I think that those deals work much more in everyone's favor anyway.

Don I may be able to help with radio stuff... I got an extra transmitter around. If that is what is holding you up. Its 75Mhz AM. By the way I have xtals for CH79 and 80 for me - what are you guys on? I have 5 packs, (2) 1700, 1x2400, 1x3000, and 1x4200. I've got stock in the car, but could switch to a speed gems mod - if there is some AC for soldering...

Don the location is Fred G Bond Metro Park. 801 High House Rd Cary NC. we will meet at the baseball fields follow signs toward the ropes course. Cannot wait guys! :mrgreen: