My Gold Pan RC10 buggy and I need help

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC104ever
Approved Member

Re: My Gold Pan RC10 buggy and I need help

Post by RC104ever »

Silly question but where did you get the posts to put in the car with the strap to hold down the battery?
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

AE B44 battery posts and Knurled thumb screws-

filzemail
Approved Member

Post by filzemail »

Nice restore! You may need to replace the two buttonhead screws at the rear with 1/4" long ones so that they do not run into the motor.
As far as your new esc motor combo, I would not go too crazy. You can pick up a good brushed setup that comes from the same era. Maybe a T1 Novak or a 600 Tekin with a mild mod, 16 - 20 turns, your choice of servo and you are good to go...
regards
Philip

chiefin

Post by chiefin »

Well i was able to track down and find the original model motor that came with my kit... the Reedy Modified Competition Motor and a vintage Novak 410-M5. It is still a work in progress as i have a full set of like new condition shocks due to arrive today :) here is an updated pic, however it is not current. i have replaced the HPI AM TX/RX system with the stock HPI 2.4GHz from my Blitz SCT. Also i have installed a Savox low profile servo and the car is steering and running awesome. it is faster than my brushed setup on my Blitz. I will post the final complete pics this weekend hopefully :D EDIT: removed image and here is the link to my gallery with the current setup :D http://chiefin.net/gallery3/index.php/Vintage-RC10-Rebuild

On a side note i noticed that this thread may be in the wrong section and someone may want to move it to the vintage buggy section...

chiefin

Post by chiefin »

RC104ever wrote:Silly question but where did you get the posts to put in the car with the strap to hold down the battery?
I fabricated that out of spacers available at Home Depot and 2 long screws that actually came from a cpu heatsink i used to have. The velco i just cut and rounded with scissors and the thin foam under the battery its just the thin silky feeling single sided sticky foam.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

chiefin wrote:Well i was able to track down and find the original model motor that came with my kit... the Reedy Modified Competition Motor and a vintage Novak 410-M5. It is still a work in progress as i have a full set of like new condition shocks due to arrive today :) here is an updated pic, however it is not current. i have replaced the HPI AM TX/RX system with the stock HPI 2.4GHz from my Blitz SCT. Also i have installed a Savox low profile servo and the car is steering and running awesome. it is faster than my brushed setup on my Blitz. I will post the final complete pics this weekend hopefully :D
Great example of a classic goldpan runner IMHO. Nice job. Love the electronics, motor and battery choices in that pic! :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

chiefin

Post by chiefin »

thanks! :D i updated the post with that pic and linked to the current setup in my gallery. It can be found here :) http://chiefin.net/gallery3/index.php/Vintage-RC10-Rebuild

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

No doubt you were chiefed when you painted that shell!! :lol: I love it! :lol: "How much blacker could this body be?? The answer is 'none.' 'none more black.'"!!! :lol: Still love it. I saw quite a few of those at the track BITD! 8)

A cold one for me in your honor tonight... :D

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

chiefin

Post by chiefin »

haha the black is covering the bad black. it was originally painted black, but the paint was bad and the body was cracked in several places... i just decided to cover in some flat black vinyl i had laying around.... its temporary. i have a brand new clear body waiting for a paint job but i want something a bit more spectacular than i may be capable of :\

ALRC10

Post by ALRC10 »

JK Racing wrote:The Castle 4600 is a potent set up, and I would go lipo if you brushless.

Look for a Novak/LRP/Tekin sensored set up, anything from a 17.5 to 10.5 (the lower the faster). You will need to adjust your gearing depending upon which motor you go with. Spend the few extra dollars and snag a good servo too. If your gonna go speeding around, you want to feel confident about turning :)

For batteries, most lipos wont fit in the stock spot on the RC10, so a little modifying will be necessary. Many many different ones out there, dont be afraid to get a nice big one (5000+ range). My personal opinion for a charger is get an all-in-one unit, like the Durtrax Onyx 230 or newer 235. I've been using one for racing for going on 2 years now, solid, small, light, and a workhorse.

In respone to this quote, I just bought the Duratrax DTXP4235 Onyx 235 for $69 plus shipping from HobbyWarehouse.com. If u order it, type in the code bestservice (one word) in the promo code spot and you will receive an instant discount. Its regularly priced $76 I think. I felt like it was a good deal. Sorry to thread jack. Nice build IMO.

chiefin

Post by chiefin »

all good. thanks buddy :D ... i did decide to stick with an original brushed reedy modified competition green label sinc ethat is what my car came with originally. i found one in great working order used on ebay for $22 :D it runs plenty fast for this rebuild :D