Mid East outdoor get together/ discussion

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: Mid East outdoor get together/ discussion

Post by Charlie don't surf »

http://www.carolinasrcracers.com/blue-groove-update_topic35863.html for Bluegroove-

The track in Asheboro? That would be awesome 8)

m38joe
Approved Member

Post by m38joe »

Charlie don't surf wrote:http://www.carolinasrcracers.com/blue-groove-update_topic35863.html for Bluegroove-

The track in Asheboro? That would be awesome 8)
Did you see the zoo city listing? looks like next month maybe.

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Here's what I know about The Siler City track....

http://www.silkhopetransmission.com/?PageData=81553

I'd love to race sometime too, but anything over 45 minutes away kind of counts me out. :( even if it were that close I don't think I can have a race day longer than 2-3hours. Wife gets antsy when she has all three kids to herself for too long :lol: .

I'm starting to think about trying to round up /gauge interest in something informal at a baseball or softball field again. When I get more organized I'll post this thread for sure.

Reggie, something came up and I wasn't able to buy any lipos yet, that's the main thing holding me back really. No battery = no fun. :(

m38joe
Approved Member

Post by m38joe »

I'd love to race sometime too, but anything over 45 minutes away kind of counts me out. :( even if it were that close I don't think I can have a race day longer than 2-3hours. Wife gets antsy when she has all three kids to herself for too long :lol: .

I'm starting to think about trying to round up /gauge interest in something informal at a baseball or softball field again. When I get more organized I'll post this thread for sure.

Just bring the wife and kids along.
I cant seam to get a car to run long enough to get out of the yard :shock: let alone plan a day at a track :D . my wife would be upset if we drove an hour and only raced for 2min!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

I still have a track at my house, and Vintage AE will be there from Canada in the next two weeks, and Lowry will be the following week. Plus I have an 8 year old and a 16 mo old daughter that enjoy meeting other kids- :wink:

m38joe
Approved Member

Post by m38joe »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I still have a track at my house, and Vintage AE will be there from Canada in the next two weeks, and Lowry will be the following week. Plus I have an 8 year old and a 16 mo old daughter that enjoy meeting other kids- :wink:
I saw that you had a track at your house...is that an open invite :?: I have a just turned 13 year old boy & most weekends 1-3 other 13 year old boys. My wife says I'm @ 12 :lol: My wife likes to watch the cars race, but hasn't tried, doesn't want to be the one to break them...though, so far, my son & I are doing a pretty good job breaking them most evenings after work in the back yard :wink:

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Cant believe I'm going to miss this by a week :cry:

Is Miles racing or are you going to designate him as a photographer?

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

When do you get to town AE? And how long are you staying?

Reggie, what days/dates is Lowry going to be around?

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

I'm going to be around near the 9 and 10th

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Changed up a few sections before you got here :lol: , broke out some new Goosebumps to mount (and make my secret fronts) finish up with some new rhythm sections and a "big" double for your go-pro. Miles and I ran the loose surface today after a heavy soaking and re-work, it will pack in nicely over the week. Not going to get to replace the black pipe with the pile of yellow I have, but what the hell :lol: if anyone wants to take the day off and come out and run, lmk-

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

I'm thinking REAL hard about it Reg.. My address to Pine Bluff is 67 miles, 71 minutes. PM me your addy, so I can get a better idea exactly where I'd be going. Post up some track pics too, if it's not too rainy to get out down there. Been raining off and on all day today :? Will losi big shots hook up on your surface? Oh and NONE of my packs will go even 4 minutes....I'm still thinking about heading anyway. Tuesday is better than Wed for me, gotta work Wed night.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Losi Bigshots should do just fine, as the 1 plus inches of rain packed the track in just as I had hoped (JC DD's are great when it's hard-packed) either way, I have a decent stash of tires....even if we have to glue up a set- 8)
1704.jpg
1705.jpg
1706.jpg
1707.jpg
1708.jpg
1709.jpg
1711.jpg
It doesn't have half as much turf anymore and I've changed up some jump sections- it's got a nice blend of fast sections and rhythm and timing sections and only one "parts" damaging jump :lol: it's natural terrain, so it changes depending on the time of the day and amount that it is run on-
and everyone gets to wheel this.....
1717.jpg
I hate SC, but this is well worth a few laps 8) I have plenty of LiPo's as well...8 plus- :wink: and you really couldn't break a part that I don't have :oops: :lol:

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Ae and Reg- Unfortunately I won't be able to come down and let you guys beat up on my Ulitma this time. Throw some dirt up for me. :mrgreen: Reggie, If you are up to host a get together at the track again in a few weeks let's talk, it's really not too far. Maybe a weekend day in May? I'm off the 11,12th and 25,26th. Looks as if the Siler City track races on 3rd Saturdays, which for the next little while are my working weekends. They say the track is open for use on non-race days, so we could even meet up there sometime and have the track to ourselves and the kids - and any of the other NC guys that want to come out of course. :)

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Too bad (it is a week day afterall) Anthony and I will drink your share- 8) ready for tomorrow....
IMAG3031.jpg

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

That sucks that you can't make it Wes. I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing an Ultima in person lol

That rc10 is looking sweet Reg