we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Post by Coelacanth »

Here's my daily driver, bought it last winter: 2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP, AWD, 3.6L, 264 hp:
Torrent_Rear2.jpg
And these sleep in my garage for 3/4 of the year. 1986 Buick Grand National, 3.8L SFI Turbo, T-top, about 92K km on the odometer; not really a project because it's in excellent condition, but the Centerlines & rubber are new (it needed wider wheels & tires in the rear to look good) and I had some variable-rate coils installed to improve handling and stop rear tire rubbing. There's a lot I'd *like* to do with the GN, all I'd need is about 5 grand and she could be an 11-second car...maybe even in the 10's.
GN3b.JPG
And of course, my 1970 Charger. First car I bought when I was 18 I think, $2200 rusty puke-green to start with, but had a strong 383 Magnum that was rebuilt in the 80's, Edelbrock 750 carb & Performer manifold, electronic ignition conversion, mild street cam...this spring & summer I got motivated to begin working on it, and practically everything in the engine bay (except the engine) was removed & either replaced or restored. And the big goal of getting her running again after sitting for 12 years :shock: was reached, in July I fired it up for the first time in far too long. A large amount of bird-seed shot out the exhaust pipes, evidently stored there by squirrels that got in my parents' cottage garage for most of a decade. I'm surprised long-dead squirrel corpses didn't shoot out. :lol:
CarsInGarage2.jpg
Engine bay before this past spring:
383Magnum_Before1.JPG
And now:
383_AlmostDone1.jpg
NewRad2.jpg
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

illshou wrote:Here's one i've been working on for awhile now, how many of you can identify the old thing :D

Location looks fantastic! Saint John??? Did not know you are in Canada? Can't be, your a Starbucks lover! If you were Canadian it would be Tim Horton's! :wink:

Car looks sweet as well! :wink:

I got no toys to show! :(

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

farmer wrote:well i guess ill share a few of mine with ya
these are just a few i also have a chevy duramax 4x4 LB
and a 91 integra with a b18
enjoy
farmer
That sand rail/buggy is completely 'RAD' :mrgreen: 8)

I'm sure I've posted pics of my current full size cars before but here goes;

Owned since 2004, this is my 1979 VW Derby - I brought it with only 24K miles on the clock in standard condition, I lowered it 60mm & its worn various different wheels in my ownership. The 'Smoors' shown in the photo below are the wheels currently fitted.

My Daily ride is this 2000 Honda/Acura DC2 Integra Type R, the photo below was taken on the drive back from picking it up two years ago, with only 27k miles on the clock... just wish I had a garage to store it away as these cars are becoming increasingly difficult to find in nice condition :|

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Dan, that VDub Derby is pretty cool, you don't see too many of those survivors... 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

I'm not Canadian, but I do love Tim Horton's! :D

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Coelacanth wrote:Dan, that VDub Derby is pretty cool, you don't see too many of those survivors... 8)
Thanks Coelacanth - you are correct there are very few of these cars left, they weren't ever sold officially Stateside, but I do know of one that now resides in Colorado. Mine is still in original paint but unfortunately someone has keyed it all down one side, across the bonnet & boot :( a small amount of rust is starting to come through too, so ideally i'd like to get it fully re-sprayed at some point.

P.S; Its mad that you had that Charger at the age of 18! I can only imagine the damage that would have been done if I had that much power under my right foot at that age!!

durb69
Approved Member

Post by durb69 »

Now that is seriously awesome!! I love it! I have seen them before bit do not know what it is. I'm loving the BMW'S !!! I want one or two or three someday.

4.whoa
Approved Member

Post by 4.whoa »

scr8p wrote:my cars, like my r/c cars, is a project. and just like my r/c projects, my real cars don't get finished either. :lol: :lol:
I hear ya on that! :roll:

I was driving around one day & spotted the tail of a jeep comanche sticking out from a tarp-for sale, being my 1st "car" was one,I took it home

after some swapping ( i have a few jeeps) it was a driver for a bit
now it sits waiting for me to rebuild the engine I pulled way too long ago :(

then theres my cherokee..... was the most fun ride i've had yet, but now it awaits a rebuild/repower as well.
drag racing will do that :cry:

now my current ride, a jeep grand cherokee HEMI :mrgreen:

started as so

but now

durb69
Approved Member

Post by durb69 »

Seabass wrote:Cool cars guys. Unfortunately, I don't anything cool like what you guys are driving. I just sold my big boy toy about 5 months ago, 07 RMZ450 :cry:

That is killer! I would love to take a rip on that bad boy!

durb69
Approved Member

Post by durb69 »

The one thing i found by creating this thread is that my big boy toys are not even remotely as cool as everyone else's ha ha ha. I also have a 4 door 67 Ford fairlane 500 with a 302 in it. She currently sits in the garage awaiting restore. I restored it once but then I rolled it in high school and it got parked a few months later. I banged out all the dents and kept on driving it for a few months. I started college that year and it has been parked since summer of 98' :(

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

i have a black 2006 dodge durango 4.7 (best dodge v8, 8 plugs not 16) awd with hitch and cop/spot light, looks like a cop truck. got it from a friend it still only has about 55,000 miles. i never took a pic but heres a pic of my fav ride 2006 banshee
Attachments
2006 banshee.jpg

durb69
Approved Member

Post by durb69 »

farmer wrote:well i guess ill share a few of mine with ya
these are just a few i also have a chevy duramax 4x4 LB
and a 91 integra with a b18
enjoy
farmer
Let's see the integra! I'm obviously a fan. What an awesome collection you have.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Here are my Big Toys

1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco.

'99 Bmw 540i

2005 CBR1000RR

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Nice rides sho!

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

Oh, and here's my latest acquisition, just purchased on Saturday for $2000, a 1999 Plymouth Neon:

It's the "commuter special," automatic, AC, good stereo, and nothing else. I needed something more comfortable than the Miata and less of a gas hog than my wife's 1996 Explorer.