Kyosho now on the re-re bandwagon - Scorpion

The place for all things re-release Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: Kyosho now on the re-re bandwagon - Scorpion

Post by GoMachV »

With modern electronics no problem. There is plenty of room, might have to stack here and there but it should fit. If you make a simple plate to run front to back, mount the servo to it, add some battery cups, should be about right. There is no strength in the upper deck, it's all about radio gear
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Raman
Approved Member

Post by Raman »

I like it.. It also looks a bit like the Ultima since the body doesn't cover the sides of chassis like the tomahawk body

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Is the Tomahawk pretty much a Scorpion-based car, using a lot of the same bits? Or am I wrong as usual? :) Chris REC

Raman
Approved Member

Post by Raman »

Yes. Tomahawk is the same chassis. They did away with the radio tub and installed the plates that you see in gomachv's pictures. Only other thing that was different was a shorter roll bar.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Raman wrote:Yes. Tomahawk is the same chassis. They did away with the radio tub and installed the plates that you see in gomachv's pictures. Only other thing that was different was a shorter roll bar.
There was also a heatsink over the resistors instead of a trans cover or a rear wing mount.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Lots of little things but to add to the list....
Front body mount is the servo saver pivot
Roller bearing in trailing arm (!)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Excellent, Thanks Gents! You're all very helpful, it's appreciated. Personally, me likey these cars & will most definitely acquire a Tomahawk (And an Optima!) should they decide to bless us with such. Biz-wise, it's good to know what parts fit other cars, little differences, etc. I notice the manual shows a longer frt. tower to accomodate the mysterious "HG" shocks, so gotta wait for those to come out. Any ideas as to when and WHERE the options, ALL of 'em, will eventually appear? I know there's a few out, but man.......(Bites sleeve pulls hair looks at calendar drools.....) Chris REC

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

When I was poking around at the LHS yesterday my contact was on the phone with Steve Pond of RCCA fame and with Kyosho now. I told Mike to "backorder four Optima's" LOL. Steve said he cannot confirm nor deny ANYTHING and in fact claims they wouldnt tell him anyway, but that there was "chatter" about other rere's. It doesnt sound like all of the hop ups shown will be available, in the USA market or all of them. The HG shock is "high grade" and will likely end up being like a velvet or other newer style shock made in a length to fit those custom towers.
Factory Works website

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Aw NERTS! :o Ain't the World s'posed to be all Globalized & free-traded & such? (Except the 88% or so that's at war, natch.) :roll: Even if the options news was bad, it'd be nice to know.

So, Question: Bein's I like to make what you chaps want (Biz Jeenyus! :wink: ) should I:

-Make stock frt. towers, as far as shock length goes, or
-Offer a longer version to take their shocks or just more common shock choices also?

If you want #2, what is the best center-to-center shock length I should use? Think hard, I could just make one with 2 holes, but something about unused holes bugs me, personally. Chris REC

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

thats what I did with the rear tower. I copied a RCH/CRP rear for long Kyosho shocks, then added the 2014 bits. It gives flexibility, but with extra holes. I like the idea of longer front towers, but as of now its unsure what the lengths should be. You might be able to guess off the pics,
Attachments
Towers.jpg
Factory Works website

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

toyranosaur wrote:Aw NERTS! :o Ain't the World s'posed to be all Globalized & free-traded & such?
In North America, the "free" part of NAFTA only applies to the U.S. NAFTA really breaks down into 2 different free trade agreements; Americans get the USFTA while Canadians/Mexicans get the SHAFTA. :P
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Come on over, borders are wide open! Oh wait, wrong border....yeah that one ain't so easy :lol:
Factory Works website

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

SHAFTA: Stock Hobby Accessories, Forget The Americans. :? Is our market really that small? To make parts, have global distribution, then only supply some, none, or all to us? I imagine enough option parts to satiate the whole country would fit in 1/12 of a containerload. :roll: Oh well, I guess it's up to chaps like me to make some! (Should have an engraved roof today....) Chris REC

ra272
Approved Member

Post by ra272 »

The Tomahawk Rere :mrgreen:

Tomahawk roll bar, radio tray supports, Rc carbon works radio tray, home made servo plate. TBG tomahawk body of course.

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Staring to look like, IF Big K for some odd reason does not re-re the Tomahawk, I can do a few pieces that would turn a Scorpion into a 'Hawk? Provided bods are available from someone, hmmm. Roof preview pics in a few minutes! Chris REC