eastern nc

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

vintage88
Approved Member

Re: eastern nc

Post by vintage88 »

i have a lot of different crystals i can run not real sure what they are at the moment as i am at the squadron on duty lol

i have to nicd 2000 mah and some other batteries im not really sure about if i can round them up that is... but ill at least have the 2 nicd

and don what do you need to have your car ready???

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Glad to hear you guys are getting together! Sorry I can't be there, but the Wed night open invitation at CandC

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Get the stuff in the car and check out my unused for 7 yrs batteries i got 12 2ooo packs.They look mint and yellow shrink wrapped,so who knows.DON

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Great news Don. See you on Sunday.

Reggie - I know we'll meet eventually, 'cause I AM going to come over to C&C sometime... just don't know when yet. I saw that they changed the layout, looks like fun. Have you settled on a "best" compound of tire to slick off? Are buggies running ribs up front or wide 4wd spikes (slicked off)? And what is the Mod Class running 10.5? What turn brushed would be comparable to what they're running?

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Still no idea how to get there sunday,besides getn in van turn the key start it and drive but to where cary BIG PLACE LOL.DON

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Did you guys get to do a Sunday get-together?

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

If you could call it that lol.I showed up late and watched them run a bit an hung out.Ive been kinda out of it lately,feeling cloudy headed unable concentrate and really tired too.So i never got my setup together but brought some things the guys needed.Got to see vintage88 build of a chassis and few parts he got from me a month back.Losixxmain i brought some parts for his rc10 to make it correct and more stable.I was so out of it that i didnt even look ov er the stuff they brought out.Maybe next time guys i be up to par.DON
ps:but vintage88 who drives faster in traffic roflmao!!!!!!

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Vintage88 and I met at 9 and chose a field to run on. Thunderstrike1 got in a little later .(Sorry Don, I should have thought about your travel distance before setting a start time of 9AM :mrgreen: ). Tim (vintage88) and I ran our RC10's while my son ran his Lunchbox, and Tim also had a very quick Hornet.

Next time, it might be better to do something in the afternoon, or at least later than 9AM :wink: I think we will also avoid the day that the LHS in Cary has their get togethers or arrange WITH them, and post a flyer at the shop at least two weeks before. Tim had mentioned the meetup to some of the guys at that shop, and they seemed interested, but we did meet on the day that they have an established street meet.

Good to see you again Tim and thanks for the parts help :D , Nice to meet you Don and thanks for the parts you brought me as well :D . Wish I could have stayed around longer to talk more....next time.

I only got a few shots, Tim's Fiance was shooting for him, so he'll probably post some more....

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

MY CAMERA SUCKS BUT HERE ARE SOME OK PICS... kinda messed this one up ill fix later...
Attachments
untitled.JPG
wes Lb.JPG
me rc10.JPG
pits.JPG

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

I found a place where those old school tires would really hook up Tim.. :lol:

We actually COULD get together here.. We'd need to bring some tools, but the nice thing is we could just "build" terrain (jumps/whoops/etc). There's also no AC in this location. Personally I think the softball field was good. I still hope to build some objects for future meetups too.

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

i like it but the a/c might be a problem maybe one day we can bring out the ladies and do a bbq and all day run ill bring a radio(boombox and transmiter lol) but maybe we can get your boy an rc10 to tear up...

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

If you guy want to get together now that the holidays are over, LMK- We have a small track at our house, could be fun if you don't mind driving a little south 8)

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

VIntage88 and I discussed getting together this weekend, but I think the weather has other plans... :x I kind of figured getting something going in the winter was going to be difficult. We still plan on doing SOMETHING once a month or so. How far is your place from Cary, Reggie?

vintage88
Approved Member

Post by vintage88 »

and your track looks pretty fun let us know and we will try to make it out there

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

I want to see what the forecast is this eve, but other than that I am about 1 hour south of Cary, directly down US 1