Tamiya FAV re-release announced!

The place for all things re-release Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

besty22
Approved Member

Re: Tamiya FAV re-release announced!

Post by besty22 »

Got mine coming in the post. Only $175 AUD delivered.
From Tamiya-shop.com.au
Sooooo Excited. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Respect - Hard Earned but Easily Lost

tom_chang79
Approved Member

Post by tom_chang79 »

Just ordered mine from Tower Hobbies.

For those of you in the states, Tower is offering free shipping on over $99 order and $20 off on $149 and above. The free shipping promotion is stackable (you don't even need to add it into the cart it's automatic).

Brought the price down to $149.99 including shipping!

There's a local hobby shop that sells it for $149.99, but I try not to go there since they're jerks (hint: Rhymes with Schmultimate Lobbies)

Can't wait! Now my Buggy Champ will have a shelf buddy! They're both going to be runners, just not at my local insane-triple jump tracks!

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Very cool I am getting one very soon. I just ordered the Sand Rover it should be here some time this week. 'tower took twenty off of it also. and free shipping. Its my Xmas present from my 6year old son. so it sucks I have to wait so long to get it.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

breck
Approved Member

Post by breck »

Was never the army type - but this gives me hope the Wild One will follow!!!
My Little Collection is Here

tom_chang79
Approved Member

Post by tom_chang79 »

Just received it, Tower delivered FAST since it came out of their Nevada warehouse...

:D :D :D

I'm ecstatic! I got the kit that has the "bonus" parts included, I believe they are a few 5x11mm bearings (it's not enough to complete all-bearing for the buggy however).

Luckily, I preemptively ordered a ton of bearings from Avid RC (check them out, David Joor is the owner of that business and his prices are great).

I can't wait. I'm gonna go through a ton of "how-to" videos on youtube on how to do camouflage...

tom_chang79
Approved Member

Post by tom_chang79 »

One question, are there any hop-up parts out there for this buggy Tamiya-made or 3rd party like the Buggy Champ?

My Buggy Champ is seriously pimped out (I bought it used from an owner who never used it that spent well over $400 worth of bling to it such as competition chassis and the full Frog-tire treatment)....

cowsrneat2002

Post by cowsrneat2002 »

The rere chassis differs than the original. There is now notch (hole) to one side on the chassis and A-12 part, that allows for the battery connector to be exposed. D parts and Roll cage are black in color (use to be tan), front damper mounts, spring mounts, Left and right rear arm holders, and gearbox mounts are silver (the originals were black etched), Front Suspension shaft is now etched in black as it use to be silver. There is a slight different color of Tan, not sure if because my old FAV might be faded. Also has the same gearbox joints as the rere Frog and Brat. Plus no more mechanical speed control, replaced by ESC. And last of all the decals differ as well. As far as I know those are the major changes I can see.