I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by y2kgtp »

Doc J33P wrote:COmes with a 3-link mount/setup. That is known for Torque Twist. When you are ascending a hill and torquing out the chassis a front wheel will lift. If the tranny is in the stock position the front left will lift. If the tranny is flipped than the right fron will lift. The geometry is off. By making a 4-link mount front and rear it will provide equal travel for all links instead of just a swing point for the third link. Flipping the tranny also helps this issue.

SO,.... I am going to make custom delrin links with all-thread in them with Traxxas ends like my 2.2. That paired with the small other mods will make for a great mini crawler.
Cool....I was just worried about the stock length, in case I ever found a place to compete in the future. I'm suprized Losi (Horizon) did not address this out of the box....my guess so aftermarket can make items to address this ...

EDIT:
I see the 1:10 Losi crawler has a 4 link......

Doc J33P
Approved Member

Post by Doc J33P »

Well, the "revolutionary" to crawling Scorpion also came with a 3-link setup. Don't get me wrong, many people run them like that. You will learn the first time you are scaling a steep grade and your front lifts. Once that happens you are more than likely screwed as it will actually roll your vehicle.

Ah yes, the new losi 2.2. I am scheming way ahead of time for this one. Sucks that I have to buy another electronics setup. At least I have a Spektrum DX3R so that is covered. Only need another RX $100. Still have to buy another $140 steering servo, and a $40 dig servo. Probably a Sensorless/brushless setup and another Lipo = $200.

$480 - parts
$300 - chassis

Another money pit.

I might wait though. My comp crawler is stellar at the moment. I will not be outdone by this new Losi based on product. I will be outdone as I HAVE to buy one and continue to be a true Losi whore.
35 years of RC and still broke!

y2kgtp
Approved Member

Post by y2kgtp »

Doc J33P wrote:Well, the "revolutionary" to crawling Scorpion also came with a 3-link setup. Don't get me wrong, many people run them like that. You will learn the first time you are scaling a steep grade and your front lifts. Once that happens you are more than likely screwed as it will actually roll your vehicle.

Ah yes, the new losi 2.2. I am scheming way ahead of time for this one. Sucks that I have to buy another electronics setup. At least I have a Spektrum DX3R so that is covered. Only need another RX $100. Still have to buy another $140 steering servo, and a $40 dig servo. Probably a Sensorless/brushless setup and another Lipo = $200.

$480 - parts
$300 - chassis

Another money pit.

I might wait though. My comp crawler is stellar at the moment. I will not be outdone by this new Losi based on product. I will be outdone as I HAVE to buy one and continue to be a true Losi whore.
How about a 5 link crawler? take 2 JRXT's, cut them in 1/2, and join the 2 back halves :lol: