colored chassis questions among other rare stuff

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

87fierogt
Approved Member

colored chassis questions among other rare stuff

Post by 87fierogt »

hey guys the more and more i research i see these colored chassis's and im very interested in a novak orange or a bright blue one does anyone have any number figures of how many were made,what they orig sold for,how rare are they,what colors were actually put out from the factory? also MOST important post some pics of your rides.
although i was very familar with the rc10s built a bunch but never really looked into the old school aftermarket or rare items
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: colored chassis questions among other rare stuff

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Florescent red--, hard to find & pricey

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

god those chassis's are sexy as hell. i am kicking my self right in the butt i had the chance to buy a blue and yellow about ten years ago when i had my first rc,which was an rc10 that my brother buddy gave him along with a stampede and a HUGE lot of parts, well my local shop didnt have any spurs in stock so we took a 45 min drive to a small old hobby shop with all rc10 parts still instock well the chassis's were sitting on the counter on cosignment and were brand new i thought they were something someone painted(i was 10 at the time and my pops knew nothing about these other then being able to put them together with general knowhow) well im guess they are worth way more then 22.50 a piece right?

also ive seen the fiberlyte chassis but a week or two ago there was a carbon fiber tub car it looked just like a reg gold chassis but was carbon fiber with the same weave as the trans braces,who made that? the car didnt sell for alot but looked beat to hell but it was more then cool
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Maybe about 8 years ago, I remember seeing these chassis on AE's website. They were heavily discounted. I actually wanted to order them but at the time I only had 1 RC10 and couldn't justify purchasing them at the time. Now I feel like a dumbo. :lol:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

To answer some of your questions, the colors were,
Red
Blue
Green
Orange
Pink (not sure though)

As for the carbon fiber RC10 chassis, I think Fyber Lyte makes them, they're out of the UK and cost around $200.
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I was told a bunch of new Team, Worlds and CE tub chassis went into the dumpster when AE moved to the new location. I am sure there were a few coloured ones as well. What a shame! :cry: That just makes them rare now!

greazy
Approved Member

Post by greazy »

tecnica2001 wrote:To answer some of your questions, the colors were,
Red
Blue
Green
Orange
Pink (not sure though)

As for the carbon fiber RC10 chassis, I think Fyber Lyte makes them, they're out of the UK and cost around $200.
Pink , yes

Red/Orange - same

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

greazy wrote:
tecnica2001 wrote:To answer some of your questions, the colors were,
Red
Blue
Green
Orange
Pink (not sure though)

Pink , yes

Red/Orange - same
and don't forget the yellow one.

yellow, blue, red, green, and pink. that's the 5 they had.

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

i looked at the fiberlyte ones but i dont think those are the c/f ones im talking about the one i saw lookrf likr trgulst weave c/f like a hood the fiberlyte looks to be a diffrent weave although i could be wrong. What do these colored ones go for now a days?

whats the best way to find one of them ebay? although id like a mint one i could even settle for a used one with some scuffs altough powder coat is pretty durable. id LOVE get an orange or blue and build it with an mip kit and tecnacraft wheels although ill never do it :( but i will own one of these chassis i guess ill settle for now on a full poweder coated and house of kolor high lift tundra

karnivool
Approved Member

Post by karnivool »

by searching ebay/web for hours on end like the rest of us, :roll: think my hair is going grey :oops:

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

haha i know the feeling since thats the majority of my companys income im on it all day but ya gotta admit something always surprises you

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Here is my pink one..
Attachments
pinky 025.jpg

Savage03
Approved Member

Post by Savage03 »

Mostly find them on ebay on a built car so makes even more spendy. What about taking a gold tub and having it powdercoated at a local shop if you have one or send it to one? I was able some time back to take parts I wanted powdercoated to a local small shop and he would just charge me the material if I was patient and waited till he had a large order of the color I wanted, was rather cheap that way so might be worth checking into :wink:

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

yea i know a local guy who does me,my brother,and my buddies fullsize car powdercoat/ceramic coating, also my therapist who has an ALL original 56 tbird with a 312 auto(aka rare) apraised at 65l with 30k on it, a nash metropolitant convert first year made hes restoreing(also rare like 2k made and not many left in this combo), his sons got a fully restored triumph tr3(4k into it the car was givin to him trashed but it was all done by him for a grad project,an 04 sti,a fully restored labaron gtc 5 speed(his first car, confirmed from a chrysler employe very rare due to the 5speed),and im sure i missed something but he does powdercoating on his own stuff so if i can find a chassis that isnt all scratched underneath im going to get it done shocker yellowish green,or like a toxic waste green like the s10 on trucks.
itll be getting done when i build my new gt2 with carbon chassis,upper deck,and front shock tower with some aluminum so itll be cheap along with ceramic coating the pipe and header

when im ready to do them if anyone needs some small stuff in that color green or in polished maby wrinkle black ceramic coat
let me know ill only charge a couple dollars and shipping back which shouldnt be much. the guy does AMAZING work he also does camo colors which is sick the pipe might get that
sorry for the long post lol

Savage03
Approved Member

Post by Savage03 »

Will the powder coat fill any scratches? Never seen it actually done so not sure...