black friday specials on autos in hawaii, heck no!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

black friday specials on autos in hawaii, heck no!!

Post by matthew john »

okay as some of you know, i change daily drivers about as much as a woman changes clothes.

well in the past year, i have 9 different trucks.well they were all my project toys. first one had gotten stolen, the rest i never finished or had real long because id find another one that i liked.
well my recent toy i got was a dodge ram charger , it was pretty cool, rust free and ran great.
one day reverse decided to quit working on me, might of broke a low reverse band. dont know havent had time to actually diaginose it.

while on the internet looking for a new used transmission, i had found me a F150 4x4. hmmm...this is cool, i had a 1979 f150 4x4 , regret getting rid of it, had a 75 F100 4x4, sold it too. decided to call the guy and look at it.
its a 1991 Ford F150 4x4, straight 6. realy nice truck. not a spec of rust,6 in lift kit, has a new set of 35x12.5x15 on chrome alcoa rims. thing runs and drives , he wants $1000 for it. 8) heres the catch, has a clutch problem :(
had a leaking slave cylinder, so he replaced it ( clutch pedal dont do poo, clutch wont disengage) it had a soft pedal, still has a soft pedal after he replaced it. i heard you gotta pump the pedal about 100 times to get the air out. either needs a new clutch master or bled again. no problem, simple fix, good clutch, it dont slip, it keeps going when you put it in gear!
so i gave him half down, told him i gotta get rid of my other truck so i can bring this home.

so i post my dodge ram for $600 obo. ( has new shocks ,new brakes,tune up, new wheel bearings and seals,edelrock intake,
brand new tires. the tires alone cost about $900 new , and mine have not even 200 miles on them!! $600 would be a steal for just the tires even, its even better to get a whole 4x4 truck thats RUST FREE , thats hard to find here in hawaii!!)
any way i post it up for sale, i post the problems ( in the add i had "***THE BAD**** no reverse, no radio****"
a gut came to look at it, liked it, drove it. then kept saying stuff about its gonna be a pain to fix the trans,itll cost a lot, and blah blah. so he asked if id do a black friday special just to sell it. he offered me $300 " come on, i got $300 rite now..."
i told him $300 with out the tires then. then he got mad and started saying crap about its not worth it because of the no reverse. well the trans shop charges $50 to tell him what it is, or theres a low miles trans in the wrecker yard for $75.
i told him no i will not take $300 for the truck, i can sell the tires for $700 alone . just not gonna settle for that.
so he left all mad and talking poo. how would i benefit from a Black friday special ?? the guy im getting my new f150 from aint gonna do no black friday special!! another thing is , its hard to find a rust free , legall ,running vehicle here in hawaii.
after the plates expire here in hawaii, you have to pay i think its $110 a month here in hawaii. so finding a good running , legall vehicle is just hard, if you do, itd run a week then take a crap. also some people are nuts over 4x4's its crazy, they have these rusted out 4x4s with blad tires and runs like crap , plates expired posted for like $1500 , seriously who would buy that, hate to see what itd cost to update the plates on that!! here i go and sell my 4x4 dodge, that is rust free, running good,new tires,lots of new parts and work, and legal plates, im asking $600 obo, meaning id take $500 just to get it gone .
and they come and stary low balling ,and bring up black friday :roll: this other guy offered to trade me a ford ranger 4x4 for my dodge plus cash. he had a old ranger, 4x4. needed a new motor it was locked up.bad tires, and he said it was lifted, only had a body lift, only could run 31's, and it was rusted out. he tells me " ill give you this truck in trade for yours dodge and $600 cash.good deal my man..., i got it posted for $1200 so youd be getting a deal " whats that another black friday thing??
real stupid. any way, this weekend ill be droping the trans pan on my dodge and see if i got a broken band, see if i can adjust it ,if its not broken. if i can fix it, ill do my own after black friday special, since it works im asking more for money special.