New to the Forum!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TViz
Approved Member

New to the Forum!

Post by TViz »

Hello everyone!

First off, I wanna say thanks to everyone on this forum. I cannot believe how many folks still are putting their blood, sweat and tears and MONEY into this awesome car. The amount of knowledge here is overwhelming and much appreciated. With that said, onto my project.

Here's what I'm working with.
RC10B1 graphite with the good ol' 6 gear tranny.
Original shaft axles
Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC and 5700KV motor (no worries, 6 gear tranny is getting taken out)
Venom 5000 nimh 6 cell
Deans connections throughout
Futaba Magnum Jr. to be switched to 2.4 gig radio after I get my bonus. :)

What I've purchased in the last 2 months
- Traxxas 5 spoke gunmetal gray wheels (please don't flame) that I've done a hack job modifying to fit the original RC10 axles. Gotta love dremel. I still have the stock wheels too but am having a real hard time finding tires so picked these up at the local hobby shop.
- All the castle electronics
- Venom Battery
- Kipps machined aluminium bellcrank steering
- 1/4" x 3/8" flanged ball bearings from Tower because the avid ones are out of stock
- Viper body painted candy blue with silver racing stripes (I will post pics when I finish the touchup work)
- Scored an original Stealth Tranny complete with felt (praying this fits my chassis)
- Working on obtaining an old MIP Tranny as we speak
- Kimbrough Spur
- Blue screws set

So a lot of the stuff in still being shipped in the mail. Can't wait to bolt it on and get her running again. This car has been stored away in my parents house since probably 1992 and now that I have some time and money, I'm trying to bring it back to life.

With that said, is there anything you folks think I still need to grab to really finish this car up or improve what I already have? MIP CVD? different shock towers/shocks (currently original), A-Arms etc?

I also plan on dying the original white (now brownish/yellow) parts blue to match the body. Should I keep white?

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated and I look forward posting here frequently in the future.

Lastly, some amazing cars on here as well. Thanks again.

cyberded
Approved Member

Re: New to the Forum!

Post by cyberded »

hi mate.welcome to the forum.glad to see your enjoying this crowd as i do.cant wait to see pictures.about your car,you stealth wont fit in providing you have an "A" chassis.
dont worry hole can be drilled fairly easy...as for your MIP transmission.there kinda rare and when they show up they fetch premium dollars,you could be lucky if you
look for an RPM one.i think that Tower got them stock.again welcome and c-ya around.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Welcome to the Machine. :lol:

you will need to drill new holes for the stealth tranny. The MIP will bolt right to your six gear tranny drilled chassis. whether you dye the parts is up to you. Since they are not perfect I would dye them. Hell even if they were perfect I would dye them but thats just me.

TViz
Approved Member

Post by TViz »

Thanks for the replies everyone. So the stealth won't fit huh. What version of the original B1 graphite chassis came with the stealth then? I'm pretty sure one version did. There are a set of holes that aren't used on my graphite chassis that came pre drilled when I bought the car so I'm wondering what those are for? Well, I'm going to tinker around.

Any advice on drilling into the graphite. I'm not so sure I'd even attempt it since this chassis is pretty rare.

Guess I'll have to wait for my MIP.

Where can I find the RPM tranny on tower?

How bout other parts advice. Any?

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

got any pics of your chassis? seems odd that it would be drilled for stealth and come with a six gear transmission.

RPM tranny is just the case and topshaft where you supply the rest of the stealth internals.

cyberded
Approved Member

Post by cyberded »

here you go on the RPM kit

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEV49&P=7

they say its in stock...good luck

TViz
Approved Member

Post by TViz »

Ahhh. Thanks for the clarification. And when I got home, I took a look at the chassis and was wrong about the holes. My mistake. Guess I'm going wait until my MIP comes in, then if that doesn't work, I'm grab that RPM from tower. Thanks for the help. Again, pics to come soon.

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

Welcome aboard! You've been bitten by the RC10 bugs and you're definitely not the first person!!! :mrgreen: Post some pics when done buddy.
My collections:
Nikko Brat, Nikko Dictator II, Nikko Thunder Eagle, Kyosho Pure Ten Nitro, Associated RC10, Associated RC10T, Associated RC10 Graphite, Associated B4, Tamiya Tamtech 1/24 Porsche 962C, Tamiya Striker, Tamiya TRF 501X WCE.