what the heck kyosho is this?

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

what the heck kyosho is this?

Post by badhoopty »

first, i do not want any offers to buy and i dont want to know how much its worth, i just wanna know what it is... :wink:

i know its a kyosho something with some sort of truck conversion, aft chassis, hot trick arms, and a rc10 front shock tower.

i just would like to know if i go to sell it how to accurately describe the darn thing better than that.

a buddy of mine picked it up off ebay years ago thinking it was an rc10t. i traded him 3 or 4 ps2 games for it. figured if nothing else i got some losi bellcranks and some cool shock collars for a boxart rc10.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

while i'm asking, is this a regular losi chassis or is it a composite craft losi chassis?

what losi is it for? i assume its losi since it had a front losi bulkead.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

that looks like a stock losi chassis. it's for the jrx2 and the jrxt, but can be used on the junior 2 and junior t.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

cool. if its stock losi then i wouldnt feel bad cutting it up for other stuff. if it were a composite craft or somethng aftermarket i wouldnt.

you guys notice how cheap old losi's are on ebay? i'm thinking about getting some learnings about vintage losi's and switching teams.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i don't know if you might want a second opinion on that, but it looks like a stocker.

you can definatly get deals on losi stuff. i picked up a brand new, but built, junior t a month or so ago for $25. never run.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

did the jrx2 come out after the junior?

this seems ironic, but are there any vintage losi sites or historys of thier model releases that i could read and just learn a little from?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the jrx2 and jrxt came out before the junior 2 and junior t. the junior series was an entry level vehicle to get started in racing. all the suspension stuff was the same, except the jrx2, jrxt, had a 5 link rear setup, and the juniors had an h-arm setup. the gearbox was also the same. the other difference is the chassis. the juniors had a molded chassis design, that was later used on the losi lxt. the material was called stifizzel (stiff as hell). oh, and the shock towers on the juniors are some type of plastic material, where the jrx2, t, were graphite. her's a pic of my junior t.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the jrx2, t, came out in 89-90, and the junior cars came out in 91.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

stiffizle for shizzle. :wink:

thanks dude

speedemall
Approved Member

Post by speedemall »

That is an ultima pro I can tell by the shocks,rear tower,diff,and steering setup.The difference on yours is the mid chassis,its missing the top deck,steering upgrade to alu,stadium truck body post setup,and tires here is mine to compare........

They call me.........THE COLLECTOR!! Collector and restorer of everything vintage

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

badhoopty wrote:you guys notice how cheap old losi's are on ebay? i'm thinking about getting some learnings about vintage losi's and switching teams.
That's true, until you want to buy a vintage Losi body. They cost about as much as a nearly mint original complete RC10. And, most Losi's on ebay have very used or no body.

I'm a Losi guy. Don't own any right now, but my first real race car was the JRX2.

speedemall
Approved Member

Post by speedemall »

I'm with you melvin.I've owned many losi's in the past but own only one now very odd.I'd like to have a xxt again also a jr2
They call me.........THE COLLECTOR!! Collector and restorer of everything vintage

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: what the heck kyosho is this?

Post by Mr. ED »

badhoopty wrote:first, i do not want any offers to buy and i dont want to know how much its worth, i just wanna know what it is... :wink:

i know its a kyosho something with some sort of truck conversion, aft chassis, hot trick arms, and a rc10 front shock tower.

i just would like to know if i go to sell it how to accurately describe the darn thing better than that.

a buddy of mine picked it up off ebay years ago thinking it was an rc10t. i traded him 3 or 4 ps2 games for it. figured if nothing else i got some losi bellcranks and some cool shock collars for a boxart rc10.

That's a kyosho ultima indeed, and with quite a few option parts.
I think I see a MIP truck conversion (rear tower)
(I could be wrong on the brand)
hot trick arms and the steering is urely not stock either.
The graphits chassis may be a kyosho option part, the bumper is RPM maybe?
I used asso RC10 GT arms (original and RPM's on 2 ultima trucks : with HPI MT dogbones and longer turnbuckles it puts the tires out where they should be)
As soon as I figure out this site further I hope to post some pics...

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

badhoopty wrote:while i'm asking, is this a regular losi chassis or is it a composite craft losi chassis?

what losi is it for? i assume its losi since it had a front losi bulkead.
I had a chassis like this, its from Losiss first car the JRX
The buggy and truck had the same chassis.

It's extremely good material : no top plate needed.
It's actually a sandwhich of standard glassfiber and epoxy between 2 layers of high grade carbonfiber composite.
I understand you don't want to sell the ultima, but if you're really gonna cut up this chassis, I'd be real interested to get the kick-up nose section and say the first 6 or 8 cm behind it.
Let me know what you want for it: I got Ultima spare parts too if you rather trade.
Erik

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

that spare chassis is definitely a JRX Pro chassis...