New to forum

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Slick RC10

New to forum

Post by Slick RC10 »

Greetings!! First post….and I just wanted to share my story. I’m in the “vintage” section because that’s what I have, a 1992 RC10 C.E. and 1992 RC10 on-road car. I bought them both brand new back in 1992 for $29.99 each…no kidding. I was stationed in Iceland back then, and I was bored one day so I went to the hobby shop. I saw them both on the shelves with the models and not on the shelves with the bigger 4x4 RC trucks, so I thought the price tag was just wrong…seeing that the RC10 CE has “$225.00” on the side of the box. They were the only RC10’s there, so I wanted to build both to keep me from being bored. So, I get to the counter fully expecting to drop about $400….and when she rang it up, I signed the credit card slip and saw that my total was only $60 bucks! :shock: I was shocked! The lady said thank you and come again. So I did the next day and picked up a Futaba Magnum Sport FP-T2PB and a Novak 410-M1c esc.
Flash forward to 2008. My 6 year old son got a RC car for his birthday, an off the shelf corvette from Toys-R-Us. He loved it. I pulled my buggy out, dusted it off and his eyes got big when he saw how fast it was and how I was able to go through the yard and jump curbs. I let him drive it and he hasn’t driven his corvette since. When he turned 8, I built him a Tamiya Hornet and he loves it. I am thinking about building me a RC10B 44.1 and get him the RTR RC10B 4.1. For now, I dusted off the RC10 and added a Hobby Wing brushless system to it with a lipo 2s because it was the cheapest way to get into brushless. So far, I’m really impressed with it. Here are some shots of my “vintage” collection.
Attachments
RC10 C.E.
RC10 C.E.
RC10 C.E.
RC10 C.E.
On road
On road
On road
On road
Vintage
Vintage

CamplinP
Approved Member

Re: New to forum

Post by CamplinP »

Awesome find. Welcome to the site.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Killer vintage paint scheme on that buggy. How 'bout a few body off shots? :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Slick RC10

Post by Slick RC10 »

A few "topless” shots. The masking tape has been in there since about 1998 when I deployed to Saudi. A few guys at my job were into RC's and raced often. So when I said I would bring mine too, they looked surprised (and skeptical). I covered the holes because the sand in that region is very fine, and I didn’t want it everywhere. Needless to say, 2 of the guys only lasted about 15 minutes because sand got inside of their cars and made a mess of everything. Needless to say, we had a blast and I got some respect from them. :mrgreen: We were able to build a great track but it didn’t hold up well because the sand was so fine.
Attachments
topless.  A little battered...but still runs hard!  One of my best investments...nearly 20 years later!
topless. A little battered...but still runs hard! One of my best investments...nearly 20 years later!
topless2.jpg
Topless with the Hobby Wing EZRun system (5.5T)
Topless with the Hobby Wing EZRun system (5.5T)
topless4.jpg
topless
topless4.jpg (183.6 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
topless
topless
topless4.jpg (183.6 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
My son wanted to see his car on the web also.  lol
My son wanted to see his car on the web also. lol

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

I think it's great that your son is involved. Both my kids love to bash around with our rc's and I find it's time well spent with them.

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

Mindwarp wrote:I think it's great that your son is involved. Both my kids love to bash around with our rc's and I find it's time well spent with them.
My dad did the same with me. Now, at 37, I find I have a 'genuine' love for my vintage RC's as the memory of bashing about with my Dad is always in mind! :wink:

Loving the colour scheme on the RC10, proper retro! :wink:
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

Slick RC10

Post by Slick RC10 »

Thanks! My son enjoys it. Even though he broke a steering link on his Hornet yesterday. He was distraught...until we looked on eBay and found him one :D