The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

isobarik
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho Axis EX 1/12th pan car rare?

Post by isobarik »

Mr. ED wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:13 am
isobarik wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:04 pm
rcpitwork wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 pm I have one in my pan car collection!
You don't have an body for it??

Mvh iso
Maybe the phantom rerelease body will fit your requirements.
Yeah i really really really really hope that it will , the axis body is Nice but the plazma ltd Alpa2 body is so super sexy would really love to have one.
The ks 2 body the one with a scoop is avaliable from bluesgroove but Nah its not that good Looking
Mvh iso

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

And yes the axle on the axis is 6 mm

Mvh iso

sundevil67
Approved Member

Post by sundevil67 »

What do y'all think an Axis EX would fetch today? I keep trying to figure out the number that'd get me to part with mine... which tells me I'm probably not ready to...though I couldn't possibly ever run the thing; one busted part & it'd be shelved forever, so it's either a shelf model or collecting dust in the closet... and I prefer to run my vintage stuff.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Is it built or a kit?
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I still have mine that I posted about in this thread over a decade ago, and it's sat in the same spot in the closet ever since. Kind of wild when I think how long it's been sitting there completely untouched for.

It's hard to give an accurate worth as there's not much to go by. I'd say they're the rarest of all Kyosho pan cars? Weren't they only around for a year or so? I don't know the exact history but they're scarce these days. It did find it's way onto the premiere issue of the Archie's R/C Racers comic in 1989 though. :)

sundevil67
Approved Member

Post by sundevil67 »

Lowgear wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:48 am I still have mine that I posted about in this thread over a decade ago, and it's sat in the same spot in the closet ever since. Kind of wild when I think how long it's been sitting there completely untouched for.

It's hard to give an accurate worth as there's not much to go by. I'd say they're the rarest of all Kyosho pan cars? Weren't they only around for a year or so? I don't know the exact history but they're scarce these days. It did find it's way onto the premiere issue of the Archie's R/C Racers comic in 1989 though. :)
I may just take a guess & see if there's any interest in the FB groups... I don't want to gouge anyone, but I also don't really want to part with it unless it's enough money to make me not regret it since I'll never see one again. If I do keep it, I hope I have the stones to actually build it one of these days. I can see myself breaking that ceramic diff or something irreplaceable.

OMG Archie's R/C Racers!!!! I can't believe you just pulled that out... I was a big Archie fan so when that crossover came out, it was bigger than... even bigger than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Archie series! Now I have to go on eBay and try to find some back issues.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Putting a value on "vintage" R/C stuff is hard due to there not being any kind of price guide like with other collectibles. Then on top of that, prices seem to fluctuate pretty wildly. Over the last few years though prices have gone through the roof much like everything else. Checking out the sold listings on eBay of whatever the item is can give you a good idea, but that doesn't really help with rare items as it doesn't retain the info for long enough. Mine has never been run but doesn't have the original body. If I sold it today, I'd be elated with anything over $400.

Here's the Archie's R/C Racers comic in question for those wondering. :)

archiesrcracers.jpg

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I watch for them to pop up and it's pretty rare to see one, but I also wouldn't spend a ton on it. I'd be in the 300ish range. That's not my valuation tho, that's just what it's worth to me. Value is probably closer to 400.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

sundevil67
Approved Member

Post by sundevil67 »

Totally just bought an issue on eBay. It has the USA-1 & Ultima Pro...great promo Kyosho! Couldn't resist since I had both of those kits.

I wish eBay still had sold listings that went beyond like 2 weeks... I will probably wind up just sticking it on the shelf but I have to start selling off some of my stuff... at this rate I am starting to look like an R/C hoarder & I will be 100 before I finish all of the projects on my bench.
Lowgear wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:30 pm Putting a value on "vintage" R/C stuff is hard due to there not being any kind of price guide like with other collectibles. Then on top of that, prices seem to fluctuate pretty wildly. Over the last few years though prices have gone through the roof much like everything else. Checking out the sold listings on eBay of whatever the item is can give you a good idea, but that doesn't really help with rare items as it doesn't retain the info for long enough. Mine has never been run but doesn't have the original body. If I sold it today, I'd be elated with anything over $400.

Here's the Archie's R/C Racers comic in question for those wondering. :)

archiesrcracers.jpg