Scorpion Racer find

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Hcp22
Approved Member

Scorpion Racer find

Post by Hcp22 »

I found an old “Scorpian” racer on eBay… no no, that’s not correct! “Mikedealer” brought this car to my attention and “Lowgear” gave me the link! And now it have found new home in Gothenburg Sweden and will be these guys forever grateful! But it was a tricky deal …
bild 11.jpg
The seller stated that he only will ship to US, so send him a message and asked if he could consider doing an exception and ship his car to Sweden. His answer was; I will look in to that. But he never gets back to me. I think I send 3 messages, but no reply and the time for the auction were running out. So I did a last minute bid and won… Minutes after the auction ended, I got message from him saying that he doesn’t ships outside US! I replied that he didn’t answer any of my messages. And after that only silence…

I relay wanted that car, so after 5-6 days I took a change. I paid the man + shipping to Sweden! Then I got an answer: “I only ship to US” So I posted an ad in the wanted section “Go-between Help needed”. It didn’t take many minutes before another member from this grate forum steps forward and sys he can help me out! “Charlie don’t surf” is another man I’m guys forever grateful to. I gave the seller Charlie’s address, and he replied that it was no need for an US address??? He had already packed the car and with my address on it… He expand that his father recently had passed away…
BTW. Charlie wasn’t the only member to reply on my cry for help, thank you guys!

Yeah, yeah, what is so special with this car? You who have followed my last thread (CRP/Turbo Scorpion Racer) know that I’m having a soft spot for third party manufactories. And this car is loaded with third party parts; some of the parts on this car are unknown for me. But I’m certain that my fellow members will help me out. Okay let see some pictures on this so special car..

The body is from Mc Allister and wary rear with a typical 80: s paint with a tiny crack. The wing have never been mounted.
Bild 1.jpg
In the front I found some reinforce bars are from CRP, but I’m not certain.
Bild 2.jpg
The caster blocks is not from Scorpion, but where are they from?
Bild 3.jpg
Now I have RPM rear arms to match my front arms. I and found some CVD:c from CRP
Bild 4.jpg
Bild 5.jpg
The diff seems to be a ball diff, at least that what it feels like. I tock sneak peek, but I couldn’t see if it’s a Thorpe/Dirt Burners diff or not…

The shocks are from for me an unknown car, so help me out to identify them.
Bild 8.jpg
I know that Parma made shock towers to the Scorpion but who made this I don’t know.
Bild 7.jpg
The motor guard is JG, at least that what I’m been told.
Bild 9.jpg
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: Scorpion Racer find

Post by Mr. ED »

This car couldn't have gone to a beter home :!:

mikedealer
Approved Member

Post by mikedealer »

rear shock tower is CRP, i had a bunch of them at one point. i was SO going to bid on that car and keep it private, not that others wouldnt of found it, but glad u got a good price on it. really awesome car and happy to see it ended for a great price.

if that body doesnt need to much filling, you can contact jon at teambluegroove to reproduce it, he will give you 3 free copies of it, but will only work with bodys that dont need to be patched or filled etc. not a bad deal and he does pretty good work, although its sometimes questionable on this forum lol.

i keep looking at the pictures, never seen the MRP rear arms, i had a NIP set i sold a while ago, but never even saw the rears... i saw a Proline set in plastic, but not the mrp.. even has the CRP universals, nice score.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

mikedealer wrote:rear shock tower is CRP, i had a bunch of them at one point. i was SO going to bid on that car and keep it private, not that others wouldnt of found it, but glad u got a good price on it. really awesome car and happy to see it ended for a great price.

if that body doesnt need to much filling, you can contact jon at teambluegroove to reproduce it, he will give you 3 free copies of it, but will only work with bodys that dont need to be patched or filled etc. not a bad deal and he does pretty good work, although its sometimes questionable on this forum lol.

i keep looking at the pictures, never seen the MRP rear arms, i had a NIP set i sold a while ago, but never even saw the rears... i saw a Proline set in plastic, but not the mrp.. even has the CRP universals, nice score.
Thanks for the info about the shock tower ID Mike

It’s tempting to let Teambluegroove reproduce this body, but that means that I have to ruin the paint work. And that’s a pity sins the paint is in wary good shape.

The RPM arms was sold from Race Prep, but it’s no doubt about who made them, at least that what I think.
bild60-1.jpg
bild60-1.jpg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
bild60-1.jpg
bild60-1.jpg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Mr. ED wrote:This car couldn't have gone to a beter home :!:
Thanks Mr. ED :mrgreen:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

That is one super scorpion, love the way it looks with all the rare hop ups congrats on getting it :)

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Thanks GJW :D

I have just torn down the gearbox, and as I suspected there was a Thorp differential inside! This Thorp diff is some pretty engineering, and it will be handful to put together. But I would like to replace all the balls before I put it together. And I also would like to replace the spring washers, so where do I find similar washers? Otherwise it’s in a god shape! :D
Bild 12-1.jpg
Bild 15-1.jpg
Bild 15-1.jpg (43.06 KiB) Viewed 2367 times
Bild 15-1.jpg
Bild 15-1.jpg (43.06 KiB) Viewed 2367 times
Bild 13-1.jpg
Bild 13-1.jpg (29.64 KiB) Viewed 2367 times
Bild 13-1.jpg
Bild 13-1.jpg (29.64 KiB) Viewed 2367 times
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Hcp22 wrote:...

The caster blocks is not from Scorpion, but where are they from?
Bild 3.jpg
I know it's been awhile and maybe you got your answer already but I promised myself one of the first things I'd do when I finally registered on RC10Talk is answer this question....

those caster locks were made by MIP.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7-eheOVncdI/S1NzGdt8rII/AAAAAAAAAVU/awZohjb6StA/s1600-h/droppedImage.jpg

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Phin wrote:I know it's been awhile and maybe you got your answer already but I promised myself one of the first things I'd do when I finally registered on RC10Talk is answer this question....

those caster locks were made by MIP.
Thanks for that info and welcome to RC10Talk Phin! :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

loftfind
Approved Member

Post by loftfind »

Sounds like it went to a very worthwhile home (eventually!).. nice one!!

Living in England i get the same issue alot from sellers stateside (RC10 mainly)... I don't get it as all you need to do in USA is go onto that "well known courier's" website and they'll collect from your house !?!?
ho hum :roll:

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

loftfind wrote:Sounds like it went to a very worthwhile home (eventually!).. nice one!!

Living in England i get the same issue alot from sellers stateside (RC10 mainly)... I don't get it as all you need to do in USA is go onto that "well known courier's" website and they'll collect from your house !?!?
ho hum :roll:
It’s understandable that they say so; there are lots of sellers that have been burned. The buyer claims that they never resaved any gods, and open a claim and you have to return the moony. I usually ask the seller to check my feedback as a buyer/seller, and then it’s usually no problem to do business.
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Those nylon rear suspension arms are probably form the MRP Pro110 and or Stage 2?

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

losiXXXman wrote:Those nylon rear suspension arms are probably form the MRP Pro110 and or Stage 2?
You are correct, they are MRP, but they are made for the Scorpion. MRP did some hop-up parts especially for the Scorpion. They made among other things a complete frontend and some bodies.
img34_26062004201701_3.jpg
I have found over 70 hop-ups especially made for the Scorpion, and over 30 reproduced parts.
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

ireg
Approved Member

Post by ireg »

Looking forward to see the end result, nice find :)

rhino1  It’s my birthday!
Approved Member

Post by rhino1 »

very nice find looking forward to seeing it finished.
Those are my toys and no I will not share!