Left and right outdrives for rc10b3

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Helgaiden

Left and right outdrives for rc10b3

Post by Helgaiden »

title.

anyone know where i can find them? Im assuming my friend's b3 isnt an FT or team edition since he also wants a CVD kit for it...not sure if that helps or not (maybe narrows down the tranny or something), but any help would be appreciated.
LOOK OUT 4 TEH GUERILLA!

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

The part numbers are 9370 and 9375, they've only got 9375 on Tower and only in limited quantities. Probably out of production by now unfortunately.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Maybe you can use Phoenix buggy parts? Those might be easier to find.

didou60110
Approved Member

Post by didou60110 »

Bugle wrote:The part numbers are 9370 and 9375, they've only got 9375 on Tower and only in limited quantities. Probably out of production by now unfortunately.
i've got the part number 9370, new of course. pm me if you want

Narly1

Post by Narly1 »

Also try looking for ASC9353 which is all the bits to make up a complete diff assembly, including both of the previously mentioned outdrives.

By the way I sent Associated an e-mail about them dropping pn# ASC 9370 a while back, and got a kind response saying they would look into it, but that was the last I ever heard.

Narly1

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Narly1 wrote:Also try looking for ASC9353 which is all the bits to make up a complete diff assembly, including both of the previously mentioned outdrives.

By the way I sent Associated an e-mail about them dropping pn# ASC 9370 a while back, and got a kind response saying they would look into it, but that was the last I ever heard.

Narly1
Of course TT is still manufacturing the T3... as the Phoenix RTR, but they don't seem to want to repack those parts back into AE bags apparently... :roll:

http://www.acehobby.com/ace/TTR6525.htm

Narly1

Post by Narly1 »

Yes we know about the Phoenix ST up here in Canada. They are dirt cheap. We can buy them wholesale locally for less than $100 Cdn.

Part out the radio, motor and ESC for cash and keep the rest as a pile of T3 parts.

Narly1

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

I heard the thunder tiger one is metric which I guess would mean metric bearings, hinge pins and screws? So any of the gearbox bits will be useless?

Helgaiden

Post by Helgaiden »

what are the differences between the left and right outdrives? The tightner?
LOOK OUT 4 TEH GUERILLA!

Bugle
Approved Member

Post by Bugle »

On the inside one holds a bearing and the other one has a spigot for going through the bearing in the middle of the diff gear and the bearing in the other outdrive.

Bugle
Approved Member

Re: Left and right outdrives for rc10b3

Post by Bugle »

Was just browsing through tower and noticed these Custom Works gearbox parts http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0091P?&C=CLA&V=CSW , their gas sprint car gearbox (GSX) bears a striking resemblance to the RC10GT gearbox, and the electric gearbox (GBX) while not looking exactly like a B2/B3 from the case looks to have the same internals and 2.4:1 ratio (I counted the teeth of the diff gear in the pic), uses the same diameter diff balls, diff bearings, and outdrive bearings so it's pretty likely their outdrives will work in a B3. Maybe just need their diff rings if they happened to change the inner diameter of them.