FARMERS RCX EXPERIENCE LOTS OF PIC LET IT LOAD

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

farmer
Approved Member

FARMERS RCX EXPERIENCE LOTS OF PIC LET IT LOAD

Post by farmer »

Well well well! what can i say its was really intresting and fun experience at the rcx expo. Well thats it talk ta ya later.

j/k was just trying to see if you were awake lol ,well where to start on sat i was only there for about a hour,first pace i had to stop was the vintage display WOW :shock: I :shock: never was into the street cars but wow there was some real intresting models on display as i was talking to the guy running the display (im so bad with names) so if you know his name please insert thx,as we were talking about the models and going over the history,i was telling him of some of the members that were supposed to come to the show. And he said that i had just missed brian rc10resto,so brian i was there sorry to have missed you! than we started talking about some other people that i though would have made it like some of the old racers and such than he told me i had just missed Mr Gene Husting and Lett so i was bummed i had brought my only mint chassis that i have to get some autographs, and also i left it in my truck because i was going to be there on Sunday so i didnt think to bring it in .but i had missed them. Than as we were talking who walked up Mr MIP 4WD KIT man himself EUSTACE (<-----sp?) himself what a great guy we talked abou the mip 4wd kit talked about the new race team that they are putting together and some new parts coming out. sorry no 4wd kit remake :( i tried twisting his arm but he still said not going to happen,he said he still has 1 of each model of the 4wd kit nib :shock: well the place kept saying that the expo was going to close so i went over to the associated both and started talking to this guy named mark who was the web page designer,he was a young kid in his twentys so we started talking about the yesteryear of associated and the old time racers and started popping off some names saying it would be cool to meet and when i said Lett he said well you know that he is VP of associated and he's rite behind you :shock: :shock: :shock: I turned around and sure enough there he was ,i would have in no way recognized him what a change from what i remember,i was like 12 are 13 something when i use to see him at hot traxx race way i remember the mullet and the miami vice pants and the tank top, here i was looking at Lett at the age of i belive he said 52 ,there i was kinda awstruck standing rite in front of one of my childhood,i wouldnt say hero but more like a icon that i looked upto when i was a kid just from remembering him from my childhood. What we talked about was some of the most intresting stuff. We talked about the old racing the battles and his memorible moments in his racing career. Than i asked him and this is how i asked him . Im not asking you as a reporter just as a fellow rc'err what is you most memorible moment good are bad that you look back on as a racer not counting the worlds. And this is what he said. Back in 93 94 something is was approached by this co kinda like the MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION but it wasnt that co but something like that, approached him with a kid that had terminal cancer,and one of the wishs that the kid had was eithere spend a race weekend with Rusty Wallace are spend a race weekend with Cliff Lett . When the co asked the kid which one he wanted the most he said Lett . Of course lett was onboard sure anything the kid wanted ,so did Rusty Wallace,after a race weekend with Wallace the next weekend Lett took him to some onroad gas race that he was racing that weekend and let the kid put his car down gas it up just all the things that would be involved in a race weekend the kid was real weak and his parents were there the whole weekend just to make sure the kid was ok but the kid, fought on through the weakness and stayed the whole weekend Lett gave the kid a car,the child was nothing but teeth ear to ear,after a few months Lett got a call from the parents of the kid to thank him for everything he had done for there child that weekend and that how happy he was and after the race weekend he started on the kit that Lett had given him and would not stop, every second of his time was devoted to build that kit,Than the news came
The kid had gone to a check up a few months later and they found no cancer it had gone into complete remission, The doctors had no answer ,the parents belived it to be since LETT had brought the kid to the races and the kid was completly engrossed in building and playing with the kit, the childs mind was not thinking about his sickness,he was outdoors in the sun, having fun they belive it let his body heal with out the constant reminder that he was sick, Lett said he still talks to that kid who is now married with kids and still races, I was humbled.
We started talking about the web site RC10TALK and told him he needed to stop in some time and say hi, that alot of us here would think its damn cool to have a rc legend stop in. We talked about there are alot of people who still race these vintage 10s he raised a eyebrow like he didnt belive me ,so i said look popped out my iphone and showed him a vid of me racing my 10 against the other modern buggys ,so picture this here i'em talking to World Champion Cliff Lett i guy that i use to watch race was now wathing me race it was strangely ironic . Than the VP of associated said something that was like something u would never belive.......REMAKE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well its getting late ill fill you guys in later just enjoy the pics than i fill you in on what happened on sunday
thx farmer :shock:
Attachments
rcx expo 007.JPG
rcx expo 009.JPG
rcx expo 023.JPG
rcx expo 005.JPG
rcx expo 016.JPG
rcx expo 019.JPG
rcx expo 017.JPG
rcx expo 021.JPG
rcx expo 020.JPG
rcx expo 058.JPG
rcx expo 058.JPG (81.89 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
rcx expo 058.JPG
rcx expo 058.JPG (81.89 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

farmer
Approved Member

Re: FARMERS RCX EXPERIENCE LOTS OF PIC LET IT LOAD

Post by farmer »

some more
Attachments
rcx expo 030.JPG
rcx expo 029.JPG
rcx expo 028.JPG
rcx expo 024.JPG
rcx expo 001.JPG
rcx expo 027.JPG
rcx expo 018.JPG
rcx expo 014.JPG
rcx expo 011.JPG
rcx expo 010.JPG

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

enjoy
Attachments
rcx expo 004.JPG
rcx expo 039.JPG
rcx expo 040.JPG
rcx expo 038.JPG
rcx expo 037.JPG
rcx expo 036.JPG
rcx expo 003.JPG
rcx expo 032.JPG
rcx expo 034.JPG
rcx expo 033.JPG

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

are u letting it load
Attachments
rcx expo 055.JPG
rcx expo 053.JPG
rcx expo 054.JPG
rcx expo 052.JPG
rcx expo 048.JPG
rcx expo 047.JPG
rcx expo 045.JPG
rcx expo 043.JPG
rcx expo 042.JPG
rcx expo 041.JPG

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

is your cpu smoking yet
Attachments
rcx expo 063.JPG
rcx expo 065.JPG
rcx expo 066.JPG
rcx expo 067.JPG
rcx expo 068.JPG
rcx expo 061.JPG
rcx expo 059.JPG
rcx expo 056.JPG
rcx expo 051.JPG
rcx expo 050.JPG

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

well ill let your cpus cool down for now lots more to come
enjoy
farmer :wink:

Kayne
Approved Member

Post by Kayne »

Nice pix, I think a couple of those Rc10's are 10talk member builds. The multicolored tub and the silver with black flames. That is pretty cool they made it in to the show. A remake of the best rc buggy ever created would awesome.
Matt

Drive It Like You Stole It!

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

Nice write up and great pics!

Please tell me more about that vintage yellow sprint car and aluminum triangle car. Who made them?

jon burrows
Approved Member

Post by jon burrows »

Very very cool pictures Farmer. And thanks for sharing you experience!
And whoa whoa whoa... wha did ya say? Remake?

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Thanks for sharing! Cool pics.
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Commenting on your 1st picture, I didn't realize will.i.am is into RC. :roll:

This is all very interesting!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

a01butal wrote:Commenting on your 1st picture, I didn't realize will.i.am is into RC. :roll:
I saw that, I think its a guy behind Eustace with a pompador and blue sunglasses holding the hair up ( Cliff maybe :lol: )

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Nice to meet you farmer :), during my travels I met Ton (from one of the many storage type shows), he was in the HobbyPartz booth hamming it up with the people behind the counter.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

Wow, so jealous, we don't get anything like that here. I talked to Eustace on the phone once when I had an issue with my MIP kit and he was so nice. Plus you met Cliff Lett? Wow.

Great pics!
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Another awesome report, thanks farmer!

Yeah, E. Moore's mohawk is awesome :D

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.