RC10GT bodys nowhere to be found!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Tim W.
Approved Member

RC10GT bodys nowhere to be found!

Post by Tim W. »

Its impossible to find a body for a flat chassis GT, does anybody know what else will fit?

Someone should make a repo of the F150 FT body!
Vintage rides: Worlds car, RC10T, RC10GT, XX, Rally Weapon
Current rides: B5M CE, T5M, SC5, MBX7, MBX6-T, 8IGHT 2.0, K1

s10 warrior

Re: RC10GT bodys nowhere to be found!

Post by s10 warrior »

i've found a lot on Ebay .. mainly the blue and red bodies for the FT . brand new i think they was $36 ..or find a parts lot on Ebay with a couple used bodies that are originals to Rc10gt.

Winger
Approved Member

Post by Winger »

This?:

s10 warrior

Post by s10 warrior »

Winger wrote:This?:

similar , i do have that same body on a few of my gt's. grille looks a little different from the one i have on my older blue chassis gt

Grizzly.RC10
Approved Member

Post by Grizzly.RC10 »

Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

I'm actually in the same boat... Just brought my old original RC10GT tub with white parts out of "mothballs", cleaned all the cosmoline off (I kid...) and ordered a ton of parts from all over to bring it back up to snuff.

I thankfully bought the blue team chassis conversion kit years ago and just tucked it away so I'm in good shape to update the whole kit and put aside all the rare white parts (including the white spur gear).

However now I'm in another dilema... I need a Proline 6155 body (or Associated 6134 body) but they are rare as 100% function Browning Hi-Powers... ;-)

There is a fellow in Niagara falls (on ebay) who makes copies of bodies and resells for all. If I can find a 6155 or 6134 still untrimmed and unpainted, I'll drop it off to that fellow and get a mold made so we have bodies for the rest of us when we need it.

---

That being said, anyone have any bodies available (right now I just need one for my truck). In the meantime I've ordered a pre-painted Thunder Tiger Phoenix body from Tower as apparently they are the same as the team truck but we'll see (and a sticker set to remove all those damn T.T. stickers).

Next step is to convert my pull start to non-pull start (old O.S. CZ .12).

Cheers
Tim
Boomerang | Hornet | Wild Willy | Bruiser | RC10B2 | RC10GT | RC18T | MicroRS4 | TRC Pro-10 | HL Tiger | F-350 HL | Leop1A4 | SCX10 | RC18B2/T2/MT

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Thorvald wrote:I'm actually in the same boat... Just brought my old original RC10GT tub with white parts out of "mothballs", cleaned all the cosmoline off (I kid...) and ordered a ton of parts from all over to bring it back up to snuff.

I thankfully bought the blue team chassis conversion kit years ago and just tucked it away so I'm in good shape to update the whole kit and put aside all the rare white parts (including the white spur gear).

However now I'm in another dilema... I need a Proline 6155 body (or Associated 6134 body) but they are rare as 100% function Browning Hi-Powers... ;-)

There is a fellow in Niagara falls (on ebay) who makes copies of bodies and resells for all. If I can find a 6155 or 6134 still untrimmed and unpainted, I'll drop it off to that fellow and get a mold made so we have bodies for the rest of us when we need it.

---

That being said, anyone have any bodies available (right now I just need one for my truck). In the meantime I've ordered a pre-painted Thunder Tiger Phoenix body from Tower as apparently they are the same as the team truck but we'll see (and a sticker set to remove all those damn T.T. stickers).

Next step is to convert my pull start to non-pull start (old O.S. CZ .12).

Cheers
Tim
Hi Tim

Cool to have another Canadian gun nut, so to speak! As for bodies, I thought Team Blue Groove made a GT??? Not 100% sure though? Any way we would love to see some pics of your blue GT!

Rod

Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

Yep that is the fellow, Team Blue Groove. However he only makes the 6131 body currently, which is the original pan chassis body (still good to see however!).

For the longer (non RTR or original) Team chassis (blue aluminum) you need the AE6155/Proline 3127 Proline Crowd Pleaser (http://prolineracing.com/bodies/crowd-pleazer-gt-factory-team/) or the 6134.

No problem on the pics, I'll try to start a thread documenting the restore and conversion to a team truck!

Cheers
Tim

P.S. I also have my old RC10B2 that I recently found a brand new RC10B3 conversion kit for buried on a hobby store shelf!!! That made me a happy camper that is for sure! Just need the RC10B3 Worlds conversion kit but it's damn hard to find (already ordered the worlds rear shock tower so I'll pretty much have it).
Boomerang | Hornet | Wild Willy | Bruiser | RC10B2 | RC10GT | RC18T | MicroRS4 | TRC Pro-10 | HL Tiger | F-350 HL | Leop1A4 | SCX10 | RC18B2/T2/MT

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Oh I see, your doing the later flat FT blue chassis! There was a blue tub FT chassis for the GT as well!

That B2 in original condition is far too rare to convert! Leave it alone and find a common B3 to fiddle with! :wink:

cautiousone
Approved Member

Post by cautiousone »

I just picked this body up on eBay. The guy does all the work, it came cut and painted. I paid $31.00 for it and free shipping. Please ignore the ugly green Losi wheels, I slapped those on it since I'm running it on pavement and I don't want to destroy the factory wheels that came with it. :lol:

RC10talk.com is like a bad accident, I just can't stop looking at it...

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Hmmmmmm....just so happens I found a dusty unpainted body in my garage....I guess I got it thinkin it would fit my 10T (nope) if you guys have BST privs LMK Johnny

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

This????Image

Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

slotcarrod wrote:Oh I see, your doing the later flat FT blue chassis! There was a blue tub FT chassis for the GT as well!

That B2 in original condition is far too rare to convert! Leave it alone and find a common B3 to fiddle with! :wink:
Figured that out when I broke yet another front arm on my track... Damn B2's have such weak arms. Now I've removed all the B2 parts and have it running as a B3, so it will be easy to return it to a B2 virgin when I want too.

I do love the look and feel of a fresh rebuild though, hate to get it dirty!

---

Btw, all my RC10GT parts came in so I will start rebuilding it and removing all the original white parts for safe keeping. Can't wait!

Cheers
Tim

Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

JACKPOT!!!!!

I raided almost all the local hobby stores in the northern Toronto area and finally hit paydirt!

A brand new in the package Proline 3127-00... Crowd Pleazer Fits RC10GT (long).

And a bonus!

A brand new in the package Proline 3087-00... Chevy Silverado Fits RC10GT !!!!

---

I know both are rare as hen's teeth now so I'll be donating them to Team Blue Racing to make copies so we can all get new bodies when we need them.

Cheers!
Tim

Tim W.
Approved Member

Post by Tim W. »

Thorvald wrote:JACKPOT!!!!!

I raided almost all the local hobby stores in the northern Toronto area and finally hit paydirt!

A brand new in the package Proline 3127-00... Crowd Pleazer Fits RC10GT (long).

And a bonus!

A brand new in the package Proline 3087-00... Chevy Silverado Fits RC10GT !!!!

---

I know both are rare as hen's teeth now so I'll be donating them to Team Blue Racing to make copies so we can all get new bodies when we need them.

Cheers!
Tim
Oh yeah! I'm excited
Vintage rides: Worlds car, RC10T, RC10GT, XX, Rally Weapon
Current rides: B5M CE, T5M, SC5, MBX7, MBX6-T, 8IGHT 2.0, K1