Questions Regarding Team Associated Vintage RC10 NIB Kits.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brosho

Questions Regarding Team Associated Vintage RC10 NIB Kits.

Post by Brosho »

I have the opportunity to purchase 2 NIB. Vintage Team Associated RC10 buggies. One is a Gold Pan, the other is the black pan version. Both have the Stealth transmissions inside the kits. Both appear to be in the original boxes with the original seals and original plastic wrapping around the boxes.

Do any of you have these Kits New In The Boxes? If so can you weigh yours and tell me the weight of the whole kits in the boxes. I ask this so I can make my decision to purchase them. So I will know the actual kits are inside the boxes. I want to avoid opening the Kits to check what is actually inside.

The black pan kit is #6035.

Or do any of you know a place On the Internet which will have the kit weight information? Thanks

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: Questions Regarding Team Associated Vintage RC10 NIB Kit

Post by Charlie don't surf »

That's a really good question honestly, since (little known here) I bought a SNIB 6036 team car that was newspapers and bags in 03'- I could help you with the weights on Tues if no one helps you before then

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

Brosho wrote:I have the opportunity to purchase 2 NIB. Vintage Team Associated RC10 buggies. One is a Gold Pan, the other is the black pan version. Both have the Stealth transmissions inside the kits. Both appear to be in the original boxes with the original seals and original plastic wrapping around the boxes.

Do any of you have these Kits New In The Boxes? If so can you weigh yours and tell me the weight of the whole kits in the boxes. I ask this so I can make my decision to purchase them. So I will know the actual kits are inside the boxes. I want to avoid opening the Kits to check what is actually inside.

The black pan kit is #6035.

Or do any of you know a place On the Internet which will have the kit weight information? Thanks

you should take rick hohwart's advice that he gave you on rctech. this is someone that works at the factory and has access to that type of information. the weights could be manipulated, as well as the heatshrink. the only way you could really know is to x-ray the boxes, and/or look over the factory seals to see that they have not been tampered with.

is this the same person that was selling the new in box team car and championship edition car on rctech?

Brosho

Post by Brosho »

littleVette

I am going to Xray the boxes also, Or I might just open them at the time of purchase. Do you have a link to the person who was selling NIB Kits on RCTech? I am not sure it is the same person?

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

i'll shoot you the picture.

18ri

Post by 18ri »

If it sounds too good to be true...............it probably is!