2½ years to close a deal

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Hcp22
Approved Member

2½ years to close a deal

Post by Hcp22 »

Today I closed a deal after 2½ years that thought newer would end. It all started with I sold a set of Technacraft wheels on eBay and was contacted by a guy in the US. He asked if I had any more sets and if we can make a deal outside eBay. So we made deal upon 2 sets of Technacraft wheels (my last sets). He paid 2/3 of the amount and we agreed he would pay me the rest next month. I posted 6 wheels, the two other I kept as hostage. 8)

After that I was endless stream of excuses why he couldn’t come up with rest of the money. I was his cousins’ wedding, his parent’s anniversary, etc… so I prepared to give it up sins I haven’t heard from in 10 month. So out of the blue he sends me a mail telling me he would pay today + interest. The PayPal receipt arrived and end of long story almost, I only have to post my two hostages!

Have any of you guys been through such an ordeal? :shock:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: 2½ years to close a deal

Post by Coelacanth »

Yeah, here, with treehugger. :lol: Though in my case, it was "only" about a year or so and the dispute was never resolved. He just disappeared. His last few feedbacks on his eBay account were also "no item" negatives.

It's a good thing you kept a few wheels to give your buyer motivation to complete the transaction.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

Glad to hear it worked out HCP22!!

Yes, I had a deal with cedric, I did not ship his parts for over a year but it was resolved.

When I bought my Kunio rc10T gas conversion, I agreed to pay 100 dollars and lost contact with him because he went to Iraq. I emailed him periodically and about a year later we closed the deal and it was mailed to me (awesome).

I have a deal with mattluvsmudd, in which I am awaiting my rc500 for over 2 years now (this is a joke, it will never come). :roll:

Also, I used to have a 1971 Datsun 240z with a custom sunroof that I sold to a guy. I gave him the pinkslip and he gave me a check for 900 dollars. I changed my mind about selling the car, and it took him about two years to give me back my pinkslip one excuse after another (car was in my garage the whole time). Here is the emails from that ordeal that I compiled into one. I am "gammacrush" and "twice blown" (changed my email) and he is "viperblack". Enjoy, but it is a painful read :lol: Forgive the spelling errors and language. In reflection I think we both made it hard for each other. I call it...

The Z Dream...
3/23/08
Viperblack: very interested in your z do you have any pics? and were r you located?

gammacrush: im in riverside,ca. sure my pics can be seen easiest thru myspace.com/suicidemachine350cid
you might have to refresh the page couple times for it to show, thanks let me know.

3/24/08
viperblack: looks nice is it a manual? and how much do you want for it (sorry i have seen so many i forget which is which).

Viperblack: do me a favor call me at 714-444-xxxx just ask for edgar its my work number.

gammacrush: dude why i hate talking on the phone all pics can be seen on my myspace. would you like to come down and see the car in person, no problem. or ask any questions you have thru here i will answer them thanks. nothing personal talking on the phone is so awkward

hey thanks for your interest. its just a shell now no motor. there is a tranny. 900.00
pics can be seen in the scrolling picture show, refresh the page a couple times if it doesnt show.
myspace.com/suicidemachine350cid

why pay an extra 1000 for a motor in a complete car, when it would need replacing anyway? dont make that mistake. this 1971 240z shell 900.00

IF YOU CANT SEE THE PICS WRITE BACK SO I KNOW

Viperblack: lol i hear ya i hate the phone as well just i do not want to lose the chance with this car. look here is the situation the car looks great so far. i go look at it tomarrow if thats ok with you? I get paid on the 9th if you are willing to wait and i like the vehicle then ill pay you the 900 firm. I have some sick plans for that car. what do you think? –edgar

gammacrush: alright yeah its cool. you can come over tomorrow and look at it what time. if thats the case i can give you my number but for emergency only like if you get lost. but dont abuse it its my house phone. the price is nego. if you do end up liking the car i can wait till the 9th but as long as you dont flake otherwise that would really suck but its cool.

Viperblack: nah bro trust i wont flake! I get off a work at 2! so after that im free when ever, you tell me. as far as the number, as long as i have ur address ill map quest it and i wont get lost.

gammacrush: anytime after 2 is fine it honestly doesnt matter to me. probably best to see it while its still day light though so you can see the car good. just let me know what time you want to come so i know when to expect you. where is it you are coming from just wondering.

my address is
xxxx xxxxx way
riverside, ca 92509

gammacrush: ill be here all day

Viperblack: ok ill leave right after work so if your in riverside ill probably be there around 2:45 all i need is the address.

Twice blown: xxxx xxxxxx way
riverside, ca 92509

phone 951 681 xxxx

gammacrush: you could call me if your still coming down, or if you get lost. ask for Darren. thanks man let me know. or you could just ring the doorbell ill be here thanks. 951 681 xxxx

addy is
xxxx xxxxxx way
riverside, ca 92509

(we met in person, he wrote a post dated 900 dollar check, I gave him my pink slip)

3/26/08
Viperblack: hey bro im trying to find this stupid transmission.. what model and year did you say that i should get for the 350? and will it line up with the same shifter hole?? thanks for the help –edgar

gammacrush: 89-92 camaro WC t5 or "world class" T5... dude i didnt think about it at the time but i have the swap manual if you want it too. the jag that run book.

Viperblack: awww f#ck yeah i was almost going to buy that sh*t yesterday!

3/27/08
Twice blown: i have that for you, are you still planning on coming down friday ill bring it with me. if anything has changed like you dont want to pick up the car anymore just let me know. thanks darren.

Viperblack: no its all sill good only friday might not be a good day since i work from 7am to 9pm. friday im off at 7:30 and sunday as well. if after work at any of those times is good for you let me know? –edgar

3/28/08
Viperblack: hey bro when can i drop of some money to you??? i get off at 9 today 7:30 tomarrow and sunday..... let me know

gammacrush: its cool im good, just let me know when you can come by when do you expect to have the money? if anything changes ill email you. did you look up the DMV stuff? also how will you pick up the car are you renting a trailer? let me know thanks Darren

3/29/08
viperblack: yeah i have $300 for you right now! the rest like i said on the 9th... and iam going to rent the trailer. and the dmv said that it was 300 to register it. –edgar

gammacrush: i dont need any cash till your ready. im good with cash right now.
its a good thing i threw in that LSD! at least you wont have to get it registered till you run it. like i said dude if you change your mind there wont be any hard feelings.

when i bought the Z my best friend told me... cash you could make again in 2 weeks but finding the right car (for the job) is whats important. and this is no rust bucket, its been sitting since 1995. over 13 years younger than most runners out there. thats why i picked it up for myself i looked at probably 6 or 7 before i settled on this one. its just a sand and shoot. that will save you a big ass headache, you can even paint it yourself since it doesnt need much bodywork or welded in panels. this is one clean b*tch i wouldnt make my coffin a piece of sh*t! i was thinking once i wrecked it the metal would be all crumpled and if it was a sh*t bucket people would see the bondo and rust spill out, so f*ck that! i want to be twisted up in pure steel. peace for now, darren

viperblack: darren your one funny guy! it seems to me that you dont wanna sell the car? cuz there is no way im going to let this one go, well unfortunatly unless you dont let me buy it...which would be a huge dissapointment to me. But yeah i have the $300 if you need it between now and the 9th just let me know. –edgar

04/02/08 (sent to everyone on my email list)
gammacrush: hey edgar,
maybe you foresaw this but sorry man i am backing out of our deal. im serious, i cant sell the Z its been with me too long. its nothing personal with you. also some other guy offered me 1000 and an electric remote control helicopter for the car with no lsd. but i told him sorry its already sold to some guy who works at nissan. seriously man its nothing with you, i was faithful to our deal even with the other offer. but now i have to be faithful to my Z. (lame line i know). im just going to tell my parents i sold it and hide it in a storage unit.

but dude, seriously lets not get too bent out of shape, the Z was way overpriced, you could find a cheaper one seriously. also, please man let me drive to where you are this time, pick up my title and i will bring you a copy of my swap manual so there are no hard feelings. i just wanted to tell you right now as i just thought about it, so you have time to find another before the 9th. thanks man i hope you understand, this is not the one for you. but there is one out there for sure. like i said ill come to where you are this time. and ill bring your check too. sorry man hope you understand. peace, darren.

gammacrush: write back or call me.

Viperblack: hey darren sorry it took so long i just read it. F*ck thats really sucks but you know i was having second thoughts as well. its all good bro just bring me the check and ill give you the title dont even worry about it. no hard feelings what so ever! –edgar

gammacrush: alright yeah cool man. sounds good. like i said i could make a copy of the manual for you that would be cool for you to check out. when i picked up this Z i got it for 400 bucks i just kept lowballing the sh*t out of the guy. he had it listed for 800, so for sure you can pick up a Z cheaper than mine. but let me know when you want me to come down i could probably come to your work place anytime. just let me know. thanks darren.

Viperblack: ill be at work until 2pm. im at 2850 harbor blvd costa mesa ca 92626. dont forget my check!!!

Viperblack: hey darren nevermind i forgot the pink slip at home so dont go to my work today! ill call u after work so we can meet some were

04/03/08
gammacrush: yeah call me whenever call my cell cuz i got it back, 951 505 xxxx thanks

04/06/08
twice blown: edgar, my bad i got busy this weekend, but i have your number when are you going to be at work this week? thanks, darren.

04/15/08
twice blown:
hey edgar call me sometime soon, so i can come get my pink and bring your check. thanks. darren. 951 505 9628

4/16/08
viperblack: hey ill be at work till 12 tomarrow mornining bring my check ill have your slip. Late
twice blown: what about this weekend? let me know thanks. Darren

4/20/08
viperblack: hey so whats going on man? when are you gonna pick up the slip? or what you still wanna sell me the car? –edgar

4/29/08
viperblack; hey bro its edgar please give me a call at 714-563-7514

05/05/08
viperblack: dude call me or write me the pink is still sitting here. tell me if i have to take it to you or if your gonna come and get it. –edgar

twice blown: im gonna come get it my bad man i just been a little busy... ill call u up later this week when do u work so i can make plans... thanks

viperblack: i work from 7 to 6 but at a diffrent place so just pick it up at my house. unless you still wanna sell it. i still want the damn car.

Twice blown: there were some good ones on craigslist a while back for cheaper, no joke you could find a better one for cheaper. ill call you later in the week to arrange a time to meet, thanks.

06/05/08
twice blown: hey edgar any chance you would put the pink in an envelop and mail it to me? im real busy to go pick it up my bad. let me know thanks.

Viperblack: give me the address

Twice blown: darren razal
6639 scully way
riverside, ca 92509

thanks man, just whenever you get a chance to send it is cool. cuz sometimes im chilling and then i think oh sh*t edgar still has my pink but then i forget about it haha. dude hold up let me send you back your check first tho. let me get your addy.

11/05/08
twice blown: hey edgar do you still have my pink slip? i still have your check (not that it matters im sure its cancelled) but i DO need my pink slip. its cool. let me know as soon as you can, cuz i need it, and would be willing to pay for it shipped to me or whatever, let me know thanks man. Darren

3/27/09
twice blown: hey edgar we need to set omethign up so i can my title back from you asap WRITE BACK

3/28/09
viperblack: dude i sent that to you by mail for ever ago!!!!!

twice blown: naw you wouldnt do that without me sending you your check be serious dude cuz i need that, i got your check still please try to find it otherwise im f*cked! haha

twice blown: hey bro,
yeah my bad i know it was a long time ago, but try to remember mine was in a glass picture frame, you would have to take it out of there. do you remember doing that cuz i didnt get anything in the mail. so try to remember you might still have it but you just dont remember thanks a lot! please try to think about it and get back to me when you can! Darren

viperblack: just call me! 9092180722

04/02/09
twice blown: you have it?
Viperblack: no i told you i sent it to the address you gave me for ever ago

4/25/09
twice blown: no i never received my title back from you so if you can find it send it to me asap cuz im selling the car and please dont f*ck me over thanks edgar. not mad i just need my sh*t asap dont lie to me btw you still at the same place?

Viperblack: dude i telling you again i dont have it it was sent! why the hell would
i want the pink im over the whole z car thing. honestly not f*cking you
over i sent it already that was said and done. im really sorry but i
sent the slip!

7/30/09
twice blown: hey man its really messed up. i need my pink from you. dont try to register the car for yourself give me back my sh*t!!!

Twice blown: You know that my address is different from the one on the pink right? where the hell did you send my pink slip FOR MY CAR DUDE.

Viperblack: Dont worry it got sent back to my moms address sin never told me i was
going thru her papers to find my social and i found it and i will not
register the car im not like that! Let me know how you want to get it
back

7/31/09
twice blown: OH MY GOD MAN. THANK YOU. dude imagine how i felt sick to my stomache dude. hell yeah. please send me that. do you have a paypal account? i could send you like 5 bucks to send it to me in the mail. thanks man sorry for hassling you and harrassing you but dude i knew something wasnt right!!

Twice blown: hell yeah thanks

8/01/09
Viperblack: no its ok i jsut didnt know what you wanted me to know as far as i new
i had sent it. well anyways its all good no no paypal ill take it to
you just tell me were. did you fix it up? or sell it?

10/14/09
twice blown: hey edgar when are you available for me to come by to pick up my pink slip
viperblack: Ok so way r u doing with the z

10/15/09
twice blown: im having a family emergency and need to sell it ASAP.

Twice blown: naw its not that serious but i really do need that back asap. i want to sell it and buy this car thats on craigslist.

10/16/09
viperblack: maybe i can save you some time, how much do you want for it?
Twice blown: here is the add that i put up on craigslist... http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/1414826713.html

i have a couple people who contacted me but ill sell it to you if you want im thinking 700? i have some spare parts for it too.

10/18/09
twice blown: hey edgar, so if you want to come down and look at the car agin thatd be cool. i have some people coming over today to look at it one guy said he would bring a tow truck but since i dont have the title i cant sell it! so get back to me because you know, its kinda fishy that i dont have the title and have to make up a story

10/20/09
twice blown: whats going on

10/25/09
twice blown: can i have my pink slip back

10/29/09
viperblack: Give me the address

11/05/09
twice blown: yo edgar my bad for not replying i got real busy with a bunch of crap. anyway, if i give you my address you will for sure send the pinkslip. what day would you send it exactly. how about meeting up tonight is that cool? i think i even have a piece of the v8 swap manual, that piece of sh*t fell apart. ill just meet you somewhere like starbucks.

Viperblack: Dude I can't meet today lol u think might steal it Haha no worries u will get ur pink bro let Me see when I'm free

Twice blown: naw im not worried about that dude! haha. i just know ive been having to send this letter for a buddy of mine and i keep accidently blowing it off, so i know how it is when people get busy to send stuff in the mail.

12/05/09
twice blown: hey edgar im about to sell my z because im getting into a different car now so i need my pink asap im serious this time ill come meet you in oc or where ever.

Viperblack: Okay when

Twice blown: when are you available, it can be a quick thing, meet somewhere

12/06/09
twice blown: come on man im tired of waiting. i cant sell it without a pink

12/10/09
twice blown: goddamn it man there is a car on craigslist i wanted to get i need to sell my sh*t asap. tell me where to meet you.
Viperblack: I'm picking it up from my moms today leave me ur number
Twice blown: okay kool thanks. 951 505 9628. im available anytime after 3pm
Twice blown: anytime this week would be cool... thanks man!

12/21/09
twice blown: bro you are seriously screwing up my life. i need my pink slip asap.
Twice blown: yo dude call me up 951 5059628. i would like to sell my car to buy a different car. whats the hold up i can come to your door or nearby starbucks and make this real easy for you
Viperblack: ill call you tomarrow so you can pick it up im in Fontana
Twice blown: alright cool
Twice blown: yeah man call me up

12/23/09
twice blown: 951 505 9628 i was at a kickback in orange county last night near huntington beach by the 405 couldve met you if i called or if i had your number

2/05/09
viperblack: Dude I have had this thing rolling around my truck for months what's going on?

03/14/10
twice blown: yo edgar! when would be a good time for me to get my title from you. my cousin wants to buy it. i can even get you a coffee or some lunch. call me up. sorry for the inconvenience 951 505 9628. thanks man! Darren
viperblack: want to pick it up today?
Twice blown: that would be GREAT! thanks for the quick reply. tell me how

4/10/10
twice blown: hey edgar, shoot me your address so i can pick up my pinkslip. no hard feelings thanks. Darren
viperblack: im in anaheim today you want to get it there today???
Twice blown: do you have it with you? well i guess email me when you get back in fontana. Thanks

5/18/10
twice blown: are you available tomorrow for me to pick up my pinkslip?

5/29/10
twice blown: can we set something up this week for me to pick up my pink. just tell me when thanks

6/05/10
twice blown: hey edgar,
i want my pinkslip back. contact me ASAP so i can pick it up from you. ill give you 20 bucks for your time. i need that. write back

viperblack: xxxx 48th St. San bernardino ca today after 5pm I don't need money thanks

twice blown: SWEEEEET!!!

(When I showed up I brought some pizzas, salad, breadsticks for him and his family. I waited outside for about 20 minutes, when they finally arrized I saw his girlfriend was far along in pregnancy. So I could imagine giving me my pink could be on a back burner. You never know what people may be going through!)

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

It sucks to be only blown twice!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

GAMMACRUSH wrote:Yes I had a deal with cedric, I did not ship his parts for over a year but it was resolved.
Whoa...what I quoted above is about as far as I read before giving up. :shock:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

That was a long time ago and I was going through some personal stuff (cliche I know). That was actually around the time of "The Z Dream" post above, so as you can see I was a mess/immature etc. Cedric was more than kind. If you believe that people could bounce back, always leave the door open for them to make it right and you may just recieve those parts from treehugger yet. Unless, you already bit his head off. But, even that can be smoothed over if you apologize and him likewise. 8)

I posted the stuff above and thats some embarassing stuff. Im not bragging like "Hey look at me I'm an idiot" (okay, maybe I am :lol: )! I'm not saying what I did was right, I'm not saying I'm not ashamed... I am ashamed! But we learn from our mistakes and move on. If you are in the wrong, hopefully the other guy can fogive you and in the end you might be a better person If you learn from it. If you are being wronged always leave the door open and they might come around. #1 keep your cool. Thats how Cedric got his parts, thats how I got my rc10T gas conversion, thats how HCP22 is gonna get his money and the other guy his rims, and thankfully Viperblack kept his cool and gave me back my pinkslip. Sorry for preaching, I only wish to entertain you guys and share my experiences good or bad. Just for you to enjoy thats all! 8)

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Dr. Robotnik should stil have some stuff for me: from a trade which turned out to be a gift from my side.
I don't think it will ever get closed.
Oh, and one guy once got some stuff from me at a club. HE was gonnna give me some in return the next week... only he stepped out of the hobby and never came back.7So long ago I don't rember what I gave or had to get back, an RX or batterypacks or something like that

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Mr. ED wrote:Dr. Robotnik should stil have some stuff for me: from a trade which turned out to be a gift from my side.
I don't think it will ever get closed.
He got a few items from me also...from outside of the b/s/t area so it never surfaced and it wasn't much. Thinkin it was an MIP white rc10 steering assy and some titanium turnbuckles for his MIP 4wd build he was planning. I've done forgot about it til Mr.ED posted up his name again :lol: . Sometimes crap happens. I knew he was gonna be scarce when he started school or job or whatever his lifechange was gonna be...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!