A few questions about Worlds Car

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Jay

A few questions about Worlds Car

Post by Jay »

Like everybody else I'm building a WOIN Worlds car. To my knowledge everything is original. I've seen posts about the Klein arms, "RPM" Worlds arms, and CE arms. My question is, is the AE worlds arms the same lenght as the RPM Worlds/Klien Arms, or are the CE & AE Worlds arms the same? Also can I use the Klein arms on the buggy front without modding the car? I don't want to do a RC10T nose. As for the rear arms as I understand it the Klein arms are the same as all of the other rear arms correct? I'm going to do B44 axels with RPM RC10GT hubs and normal AE arms.... that will work right LOL.

I have searched, and read like a MAD MAN, but there are so man combinations of parts on these cars that the lines get blurred. Any info would be helpful! I saw the picture comparing serveral different arms, but no one talks about AE worlds arms.

Thanks again,
Jay

Jay

Re: A few questions about Worlds Car

Post by Jay »

Here are some picks of the car. Sorry for the tape holding the battery down... I just wanted to beat my buddy's Losi XX, and I didn't have a battery cup at the time. The car has since been torn down cleaned and rebuilt, but I'm out of the country so I can't take new pics.

Sorry for the big pics, it's the best I can do on my IPad

Jay

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Jay wrote:Like everybody else I'm building a WOIN Worlds car. To my knowledge everything is original. I've seen posts about the Klein arms, "RPM" Worlds arms, and CE arms. My question is, is the AE worlds arms the same lenght as the RPM Worlds/Klien Arms,

nope

or are the CE & AE Worlds arms the same?

yep

Also can I use the Klein arms on the buggy front without modding the car? I don't want to do a RC10T nose.

yes, but it'll be way too wide. that's the reason fgor using the 10t nose plate.

As for the rear arms as I understand it the Klein arms are the same as all of the other rear arms correct?

klein arms are the same as the rpm "worlds" arms. that's it.

I'm going to do B44 axels with RPM RC10GT hubs and normal AE arms.... that will work right LOL.

no, it won't. you'd have to atleast use b4 rear hub carriers but they'll have to be altered.

I have searched, and read like a MAD MAN, but there are so man combinations of parts on these cars that the lines get blurred. Any info would be helpful! I saw the picture comparing serveral different arms, but no one talks about AE worlds arms.

the ae worlds arms are no different in length than any other ae arm for the rc10.

Thanks again,
Jay

Jay

Post by Jay »

If I use Klien rear arms, RPM RC10GT hubs, and B44 rear CVD's that will work right? I see a lot of people use that combo. I just want to be able to use B4 wheels and have the correct, or close to it offset. I hate when the rear looks really narrow. I've read the 2.2 wheel post, but like I said before there are SO many different ways to skin this cat.

Jay

Edit: By looking at other posts with Worlds cars it seems that my rear tower might be incorrect?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

that setup will work fine, but i suggest using a pair of custom works .125 rear wheel spacers too to help with clearance at the arm, as well as widen the track width a little bit more.

ya, your rear tower is not correct for a worlds car. that's just a standard rc10 fiberglass tower.

2500M_Sub
Approved Member

Post by 2500M_Sub »

I am having this issue now. I used the stock rc10 rear arms, b4 carriers, b44 rear cva's and the rear is narrow. I have ordered Krenzels .160 wheel spacer, but not sure it will satisfy what I'm after. I will probably end up trying the Klein arms with B4 carriers and B4 cvds, along with the .160 wheel spacers, that should be real wide. I think the Klein arms with rpm carrier and b44 cva is probably the same as stock arm with with a B4 carrier since they both use the b44 CVA. I am using the stock AE CE long front arms and think they are good enough width wise. I would do the Klien front arms but like you I dont want to do the 10T mod. Also I am using The Jconcepts Rulux wheels for the B4, if I use my B3 wheels the rear width is perfect, but of course I am difficult and dont want to use those wheels.

Regards,

Ren

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

the b4 and b44 universals aren't that much different. If you are using the wheel spacers and b44 universals, you should be very close to where you need to be with b4 wheels. With b4 universals and b4 wheels, you should be as wide as a b4 +- a mm or two.