currently NOT playing (the worst songs)

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GreenHell
Approved Member

Re: currently NOT playing (the worst songs)

Post by GreenHell »

This is the worst thing I could think of (not including anything from Nickleback of course. lol).

"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

MelvinsArmy wrote: Thought of a few more. Pretty much all new country music, pretty much any rap music made after the mid 90s, and pretty much everything by the Eagles. Although I love Joe Walsh solo and James Gang material.

LOL same here...

And I'll take Creedence over the Eagles any day.
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

MelvinsArmy wrote:Eh, without getting into the obvious boy bands and pop music, I change the station when anything comes on from: ...Sublime
This is LITERALLY a photo that my wife took of me right after reading that.

To me, not liking Sublime is like saying you don't like sex, or pizza... or pizza during sex. Just unheard of.

Now, nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff posted here( :shock: ), but a band that leaves me diving for the tuner button is 3 Doors Down. They are literally like nails on a chalkboard for me and I have extremely wide taste. I can't even explain what it is. I know they've done great things for the troops and things like that and for that I commend them, but I just can't STAND the sound of their music. :?
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Unheard of no more. Sublime is about as interesting to my ears as the sound of a cat coughing up a fur ball. When they first came out way back when my buddy had their CD and I thought it was different and interesting, since then I've liked them less and less as the years go on.

3 Doors Down is awful too.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

MelvinsArmy wrote:Unheard of no more. Sublime is about as interesting to my ears as the sound of a cat coughing up a fur ball. When they first came out way back when my buddy had their CD and I thought it was different and interesting, since then I've liked them less and less as the years go on.

Isn't Slipknot from IA? I was a little surprised by that too when I saw the location change. No hard feelings, but I just couldn't imagine life without many of the bands you hate. I'm pretty easy though. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

GreenHell wrote:This is the worst thing I could think of
What'd Rick Astley ever do to you??

Ken

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

heres one for you
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

this one is a doozie

my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I am sure there are some here who like Sonic Youth so I may feel some heat for this one :?

Terrible song by a terrible band

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Seabass wrote:I am sure there are some here who like Sonic Youth so I may feel some heat for this one :?

Terrible song by a terrible band

[youtube]ScOEAv9_8G8[/youtube]
I've always liked Sonic Youth, but I haven't always like their songs. It's funny, if you go album to album in chronological order you can see how drugs influenced the music, positively and negatively

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

farmer wrote:[youtube]E34eBjaqmgo[/youtube]
heres one for you
Sorry but I disagree! Green Jello (Jelly) ROCKS!!!

Not....

LOL
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
MelvinsArmy wrote:Unheard of no more. Sublime is about as interesting to my ears as the sound of a cat coughing up a fur ball. When they first came out way back when my buddy had their CD and I thought it was different and interesting, since then I've liked them less and less as the years go on.

Isn't Slipknot from IA? I was a little surprised by that too when I saw the location change. No hard feelings, but I just couldn't imagine life without many of the bands you hate. I'm pretty easy though. :mrgreen:
Yeah, Slipknot is from IA. It's funny, they started getting big in Iowa when I was in college at Iowa State. We thought they were the most ridiculous thing ever. Then I move to NYC (well, Jersey City at the time, across the river) and I tune in to a big NYC rock radio station and here the dj announce "the latest from Slipknot". :shock: I about fell on the floor, I couldn't believe that they made big. Got nothing against them, and I like to see people from my home state make it big, but I can't stand their music.

As for all the bands I hate, there are many more that I love. Most don't get much air time though.

Sonic Youth huh? They've made a few stinkers, but overall they're an amazing band. I'm always surprised when someone doesn't like a band that has such a huge range of sounds. Goo and Daydream Nation are my favorite albums by them. Not many bands can touch them live, especially when the play their earlier stuff.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

Sonic youth is tough, I like them less as I get older.
More of a pixies fan.

The mainsteam bands that I really can't stand, other then bands mentioned here are collective soul and counting crows, couple of stinkers right there.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

kaiser wrote:The mainsteam bands that I really can't stand, other then bands mentioned here are collective soul and counting crows, couple of stinkers right there.
Those two particular bands had a big place for me..... back in the day. That was 1992 / 1993, travelling the 'States with my ex from Arizona to the Grand Canyon, out to LA, then back to Phoenix. Great road music. Then again..... it was TWENTY DAMN YEARS AGO!!!!

Now I feel old......

Off to have a lie down.

Alex

P.S. This will get me packraped by some of the Aussies here, but I can't stand Aussie group Something For Kate. They've been going on for about a million years now, but to me, all their songs / music sound EXACTLY the same.

P.P.S. Anything by Nickelback, Train, any other copies, any boy bands, and anyone who was on Australian / American / Armenian / Scottish / etc. Idol.......
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

here's a real winner