Interesting Concept Car

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Interesting Concept Car

Post by Halgar »

Mazda has unveiled a new concept car that's pretty neat. I don't care for the tail of it, but the rest is kind of cool.

http://www.2sportscars.com/mazda-concept-sports-car.shtml
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Re: Interesting Concept Car

Post by justinspeed79 »

I'm a big Mazda fan, especially rotaries, but that car is fugly! :shock:

I have been waiting on the new RX-7, but after seeing some "spy" shots of that, it doesn't look very good either. I hope they will get away from the "styled by Mattel" look before they get close to a production car. I'm sure they will, they always do.

I found this more interesting..... 8)
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=123067

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Cool... but I prefer the link at the bottom of the same page... like fine looking blond whom was blessed upstairs and curves that fit the complete package :shock: (sorry RCChick... Porsches are just too sexy):

http://www.2sportscars.com/porsche911-gt2.shtml
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Volumiza
Approved Member

Post by Volumiza »

much as i like fast japanese 'whizz-bang' cars, i have to agree with mrLexan, porsches are the business!! i really prefer the older 70's porsches (the old carerra being my favourite) but if those lottery numbers ever come up, a gt2 would be sat in my warehouse sized garage immediately.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers!" The late great Bob Monkhouse 1928 - 2003.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Volumiza wrote:i really prefer the older 70's porsches (the old carerra being my favourite)
THE ABSOLUTE BEST IS THE 73 CARRERA!!!!!! (with the duck tail). My fav!!!
www.gojammedia.com

Volumiza
Approved Member

Post by Volumiza »

if i was told i could choose one car, that would be it. i loved the old 'narrow' pre 80's porsches. i was lucky enough to sit in one at a race meet one time many moons ago. it was the most blood curdling experience i've ever had and will stick with me forever. but i also like the really old porsche 356s' but i'm not fussy and if someone wants to donate a new one then i'd accept it graciously
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers!" The late great Bob Monkhouse 1928 - 2003.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

All I've ever seen or heard about Porsche's is that they are gawd awful uncomfortable to drive, they are not "city" cars, and generally a PITA to deal with. That same thing is pretty much said about all high performance/super cars.

I honestly can't think of a car that I'd like to own anymore. In my teens and 20's I seriously wanted a Corvette 78-82 preferably, 72-74 would have been the next choice. I used to love stick shifts, now that's just too much work, particularly for city driving. I must be getting old, I'd rather have decent performance and creature comfort than a hot rod. I've been driving a full sized truck for the last 12 years and while occasionally something with a touch more pep and performance would be nice, I prefer the size and comfort of my truck over smaller vehicles. BTW, while it's no Porsche by any means, my 02 GMC can get out of the way with the best of them

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Halgar wrote:gawd awful uncomfortable to drive, they are not "city" cars......... That same thing is pretty much said about all high performance/super cars.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, that one just struck a funny nerve. That is the point and that is what I think most people don't understand about performance cars. In order to get that performance and handling, that is the trade off, it won't feel like a Caddy.

Funny story, to me at least, I was on the chassis design and engineering team on the first real "Roush" developed Mustang and we had management drive with competitive vehicles, a SVT Cobra, a stock Mustang GT, the old (non-Roush developed) Roush Mustang, and our newly developed raw data proven best handling that we could come up with Roush Mustang. Well, the bottom line, Jack Roush himself and all the other people in management all hated the harshness and feel of the "developed" baby. Now if anyone has driven the streets of Metro Detroit, the roads are totally unadultered HORRID! The just laughed and said, " Duh! Did we forget where we are driving? Let's go to the open track event and see who's complaining then. If a guy wants a Cadillac, more power to him, but he'll go to the Cadillac dealer, not a Ford dealer." Well, we got our way.

I have more stories, even one that gets be wound up even almost 5 years later.
www.gojammedia.com

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

mrlexan wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, that one just struck a funny nerve. That is the point and that is what I think most people don't understand about performance cars. In order to get that performance and handling, that is the trade off, it won't feel like a Caddy.
Feel like a Caddy? Maybe not, but a comfortable seat can certainly be designed. I agree that when you get to a certain level of performance and power that things need to be a little bit more down to business.
mrlexan wrote:If a guy wants a Cadillac, more power to him, but he'll go to the Cadillac dealer, not a Ford dealer." Well, we got our way.
Why would anyone want to go to a Ford dealer? Certainly not willingly! :mrgreen: :wink: :wink: :P :P One of my favorite shows is Top Gear, and they have absolutely NOTHING good to say about American cars, even vintage muscle, though they're more forgiving with vintage muscle.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Halgar wrote:One of my favorite shows is Top Gear, and they have absolutely NOTHING good to say about American cars, even vintage muscle
thanks for the heads up on that halgar. now i don't need to bother checking that show out. :)

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

scr8p wrote:
Halgar wrote:One of my favorite shows is Top Gear, and they have absolutely NOTHING good to say about American cars, even vintage muscle
thanks for the heads up on that halgar. now i don't need to bother checking that show out. :)
Then you'll be missing out because they regularly get to drive exotics, and I'm not talking about "driving grandma to church", I'm talking about taking the cars out to a track and hammering them. One of their favorite things to do is drift them, all in the interests of "scientific" study, of course ... :P :P

Nah, they're a good group of car nuts who have the awesome job of putting the best the exotics to the test. They've even got a race car driver on staff to really get the best out of the vehicles on their test track, after all the hosts have a go at it, of course. :mrgreen:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

nope. any show that disses vintage detroit muscle isn't the show for me. plus, the only exotics i'd like to see would be hot female dancers. :mrgreen:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

just recently a friend i work with was house-sitting his uncles house, and while he was doing so he also wrecked his 911.

15,000 worth of damage...

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

badhoopty wrote:15,000 worth of damage...
And that was just to reset all the radio stations ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i forget if it was the front or rear but he basically took out a corner of it.

the guy who wrecked it is really cool, he just made a mistake and the car got away from him.