new member from Canada

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

marlo
Approved Member

Re: new member from Canada

Post by marlo »

slapshot1979 wrote:Doug Gilmour traded his own son (for a 12th rd pick) just to get him out of kingston :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"and the tiger is crawling back to the bench" :lol:...........wait, that's not funny :cry:

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

RC104ever wrote:Welcome! What's the deal with the receiver in the balloon? Was that for dust or waterproofing purposes? Or neither? I never raced (and still haven't ) but like reading about these old 'tricks'
That was an ancient Chinese secret method of water proofing your stuff back in the day...It worked then and should still work today...I did it to a couple of my cars back then also...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

lol yes it does look like a baloon i never had luck with them .. water would always find a way in .. as for mine it was shrink wrap for weight savings .. i use to weight eveything trying to save .. it was before i was able to get alum screws, titanum parts and such

one part i wouldnt mind getting back is the old hydro clutch that came out after the slipper clutch .. i liked it

p.s. i never watch sports unless its auto racing lol ... i would love to see the moslen indy in T.O.

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

i thought i would post some more about the alum rims on the JRx2

at some point the front axel was swaped out to a RC10

the front rims have a specal nut and 2 diffrent bushings

the rear was set up like the rc10 with the pin and a small bushing for the axel

now for the rims

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

Hey, hey! I'm in Kingston as well. I haven't been around for a while, but slowing getting the urge again to rc.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Why do those wheels look and measure oversized? Is it me or do they seem a tad larger than most?

What make and model are they? They look like Sees, without the forward cut. I am not sure that is what they are called, but they look larger. Does a 2.2 tire fit? I could use those wheels!!

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

Mindwarp wrote:Hey, hey! I'm in Kingston as well. I haven't been around for a while, but slowing getting the urge again to rc.
yep i am .. the indoor racing has started and trying to get a car running for it .. if your not doing anything tues. night stop by the track

Diamond Dave wrote:Why do those wheels look and measure oversized? Is it me or do they seem a tad larger than most?

What make and model are they? They look like Sees, without the forward cut. I am not sure that is what they are called, but they look larger. Does a 2.2 tire fit? I could use those wheels!!
dont know much about them .. im thinking 2 1/4 .. im thinking they where for the blackfoot for all the spacers they have to run on the truck .. ive been meaning to mic the bushings hopeing it will shed some more light on them

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

They look like regular ole truck rims at 2.2" X approx. 1.75" bead outside to outside lip. I had a set of these NOS fronts for a blackfoot I think awhile back and finally ebayed them only to find some matching rears a month after selling them :roll: . Can't remember if they were JPS or Sees though...primarily the same but BrandonG might know for sure on this board. He sold a ton of alloys (mostly SEES) a year or so back...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!