Would this work?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Barnfind
Approved Member

Would this work?

Post by Barnfind »

I was just wondering if this sort of thing would work on a short course truck. I have not seen it done yet but I just got into short course so maybe I just haven't seen it. Is this even worth doing and would it help in any way? Any thoughts or comments are welcome Thank you
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Seabass
Business Member

Re: Would this work?

Post by Seabass »

I don't think it would. The short buses are notorious for parachuting on jumps, specifically jumping and the nose going so high, it is trying to mimic a space shuttle on take off.

By the way that looks it would create even more downforce on the rear of the truck probably making the space shuttle effect even worst. The 4wd trucks are the only ones I have seen that have the ability to control flight by using throttle and brake. I race my short bus weekly and if there is a breeze at the track, there is one section that you have to hit slower than normal because no amount of brake is going to get that front end down.

I am running a JConcepts High Flow body and every opening has been cut out and it still jumps like a space shuttle.

I of course am no engineer, so what I am saying could be completely wrong. Lexan is super cheap, why not give it a go, you don't have much to lose. Look at it this way, years ago there was a guy that made all kinds of parts, that did nothing but defeat the handling characteristics car manufacturers were going for...he sold a ton of that Hot Trick stuff :P (This is no way an attack against the guys here that like the Hot Trick parts so please don't take it that way)

Jake

JK Racing

Re: Would this work?

Post by JK Racing »

If you plan on racing, also check with your local track. I know most, if not all, my local tracks are clear about no wings/spoilers on any SC.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com