I'd say happy 100th to Reg, but...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I'd say happy 100th to Reg, but...

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I have a feeling that while he may wake up feeling like he's 100, he certainly is not... I hope all is well and that you are just too busy living the scholarly life to associate yourself with dropouts like myself and the many other ne'r-do-wells that herein lie... Meh, I'm just yankin' your nuts!! Hope you're still on the green side of the grass! :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: I'd say happy 100th to Reg, but...

Post by slotcarrod »

Where the hell is Reg? Hope he is ok and just busy with life!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I've texted him and I know a couple others keep in touch, he is not happy with the site as a whole. I doubt we will see him back. He is selling off a substantial amount of his stuff on eBay as well so if you guys want some damn nice stuff, keep an eye on his auctions.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

gomachv wrote:he is not happy with the site as a whole.
Ohhh-kaaayyy... :roll:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I suppose the site got too popular?

most of his images are all pulled, which is unfortunate, he had some beautiful reference builds. I suppose you can say that he is only hurting himself by backing out. no stopping progress.....

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Basically he got tired of the whiny babies on this board that get their feelings hurt so easily. It's those same people that need to realize how foolish it looks when they are arguing over Toy cars

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Yeah, I can't disagree with that. They are just TOYS, just kinda pricey ones, hah.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

shodog wrote:Basically he got tired of the whiny babies on this board that get their feelings hurt so easily. It's those same people that need to realize how foolish it looks when they are arguing over Toy cars
I do like Reg, and miss him!, but by leaving the way he did ( deleting all images, that helped this site ) wouldn't he now be the baby... with hurt feelings? He obviously loved being here, but a few disagreements shouldn't warrant a total detachment from this site. I hope all is well with him, and wish him the best. I consider him to be a mentor, as he helped me to understanding the finer arts of what a true RC10/10T's should be! Damn you, and love you Reg 8) ....................BTW his B-day is May 8 :lol: and should be 38.... I think.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

marlo wrote:
shodog wrote:Basically he got tired of the whiny babies on this board that get their feelings hurt so easily. It's those same people that need to realize how foolish it looks when they are arguing over Toy cars
I do like Reg, and miss him!, but by leaving the way he did ( deleting all images, that helped this site ) wouldn't he now be the baby... with hurt feelings? He obviously loved being here, but a few disagreements shouldn't warrant a total detachment from this site. I hope all is well with him, and wish him the best. I consider him to be a mentor, as he helped me to understanding the finer arts of what a true RC10/10T's should be! Damn you, and love you Reg 8) ....................BTW his B-day is May 8 :lol: and should be 38.... I think.

+1
Reg is a cool dude and have traded/bought/sold from him since my first postings here. Maybe he got a little burnt out with RC in general?

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Happy b-day Register, you are missed by many. I hope your sales sick ass and we see ya back someday.

I need to know your eBay name so I can sabotage everything

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Happy birthday Reg,

He will be back eventually....They always come back...
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

So he took his ball and went home? Seems pretty hypocritical to me if that's the case. See here's the thing... Any time you have a group of people who are extremely passionate over something no matter what it is, there are going to be arguments, heated debates, hurt feelings, and the like. That's just how human nature works. Especially over the Internet where anonymity rules. The key to those Internet related matters is to let it roll off your back. I'll admit it's hard to do at first, but the longer you spend online the easier it gets. Take me for example. I spend such an ungodly amount of time on the Internet that any kind of negativity on message boards doesn't really faze me. That doesn't mean I don't like to argue my opinion when the need arises though. Are there some members here I don't particularly care for? Without a doubt. That doesn't mean I'm going to run away, quit the hobby, and sell off my collection because of some perceived "whiny babies."

I never met him in person, and I imagine he's a great guy in reality but his RC10Talk persona always came off as a little uptight and defensive to me. This is such an amazing place that I can't imagine what would be so bad that you would leave and delete your pics over.

RC10Eh
Approved Member

Post by RC10Eh »

Shodog nailed it ^

This USED to be a forum about early associated vehicles . I find I visit less and less . Look how many good guys have gone over the years . Reggie is a good man plain and simple . Good luck buddy , look me up if you come north eh ;)

Just sayin .....

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

So he throws a tantrum, sells off his stuff, and gets out of the hobby? Anyone else see the irony here? :lol: :lol:

Agree with you on the foolishness of fighting over toys, just don't say noth'n 'bout my Clods or we're gonna have to have some words! :evil: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

While I may not necessarily agree with his way of leaving, he really isn't any different than a lot of other of the older members that.... for the most part.... no longer come around or participate. At least when it comes to builds and such. You may see them pop in now and then. The board has changed... and not necessarily for the better. I can elaborate later.

As for him "selling out" because of guys on the board, that's really not the case. He is selling quite a bit of stuff, but it's for family/household reasons. He has a bunch of stuff that is not going anywhere. But a lot of it will be.