Annual Break From RC

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Basher67
Approved Member

Annual Break From RC

Post by Basher67 »

Like most I guess, I have other hobbies besides RC. Hunting here in the great state of Oregon consumes all my time from now until sometime in November. Bear season opened on the 5th and Archery hunting for deer and elk open this coming Sat. I can't wait! Every year about this time, I'm like a kid waiting to get into Disneyland. I've got my bows tuned up and I'm headed back to the range this morning for some more practice and fine tuning if needed. Any other hunters around here?

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: Annual Break From RC

Post by XLR8 »

Hey, well I hope you'll have a great time Basher. I have a small gun collection myself but unfortunately I don't hunt. Not sure why... I think archery would be cool.
Anyway, when hunting season's over, don't forget to come back here and post some pics.
Last time I took a break from RC, it lasted 20 years. :lol:
Doug

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

I never really take a break from the forum. Just build projects and racing gets put on hold. I've been hunting with a bow for over 20 years. Wouldn't have it any other way. I don't even carry a sidearm when I bear hunt---just a big knife. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with rifle hunting, or any other kind for that matter. I've just had an affinity towards archery since I was a teen. I save alot of money on ammo too.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

My other hobby is gun related , I do Airsoft Ww2 Renactment , sort of LRP , big difference is my targets get to shoot back at me , my favourite events are bolt action rifle only events , these better reflect what most soldiers were carrying and have a very different dynamic to events where machine guns are the norm , with a bolt action rifle especially an Airsoft rifle you really have to get the muscle memory and aim every shot , there's no spray and pray like you get in modern Airsoft games , I'm going to a rifles game 22nd of September and I'm already getting excited .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

I took a break from 1993 to 2004, had I kept the break going, I'd probably be retired now :D

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

I need to combine the two hobbies. Maybe a crawler with a rabbit decoy mounted instead of a body. Might be good for predator hunting. Hhhhmmmmm----I'm going to have to think more on that.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

What brought me back to RC was my dog. I had adopted my yellow lab Sadie when she was a pup in 2013. One day I was speaking to a co-worker about finding some way to entertain Sadie and the co-worker recounted that her and bf had gotten a small remote control car from Walmart to chase their dog Leroy around the apartment and that he loved it. A day or two later I started rummaging through boxes in the attic looking for something I could put together to run around my home. Long story short, Sadie hated the car but I rediscovered how much I missed this hobby.
Doug