RC10DS - Mustang to ... PORSCHE?

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Re: RC10DS - Mustang to ... PORSCHE?

Post by TRX-1-3 »

959?
Hope you're doin' something fun.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

romulus22 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:52 am
True.... I don’t know why I didn’t think about the chassis...
I had that dilemma when i did the DS/Tamiya Porsche body project...should i put an american flag or not?...then i thought about the chassis and the fact that it was ,made in the US (back then, not sure now) so the flag was placed on the chassis regardless of the body.

I like to place them side of DS Chassis when i clean them up and get them ready for a project...although now i have more chassis than flags so a serach for mini flags will start soon :mrgreen:

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:36 am959?
Not sure? I have a 200mm Porsche body from HPI but dont recall the model.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

Just got my set of Tamiya front slicks in the mail today so now front tires match the rears.

And of course a replenishment in my USA flag decals for the rest of my DS and GT builds :D

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

Where do you get those American Flag stickers from bud................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

I got them a few years ago at an art and supply store called Michaels in the Bronx. They have all sorts of art supplies like paints, brushes, wood engraving, wood numbers and letters, fabrics, gems, beads, lights, plants, ornaments, decals, legos, model cars, markers, and much more. Its hard to walk out of there without purchasing something as your imagination runs wild when you walk the aisle.

I was down to my last two flags with many DS cars to finish. I was wishing i had purchased more that day in the bronx. I was lucky enough to find another couple of sets after searching 4 store locations in Staten Island and Brooklyn. They have a holographic back and can be wiped down if the get dirty. perfect for nitros :wink:

BohemianBabyDev

Post by BohemianBabyDev »

LoboNYC wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:02 am Update: I toyed around with the idea of using the Vaterra mustang body but had a change of heart a while ago. I decided to mount these cool aluminum porsche wheels on my shiny DS instead. They were pricey but looked awesome so i had to mount them on this DS. They use the Tamiya tires. I got a set of wide Tamiya slicks but im still looking for the fronts( not in a hurry though) i used a set of prolines in the meantime. After i mounted the wheels i put this project away because i moved and recently found this in one of my boxes. I have an HPI body for it....in storage though, so this will be a project to finish soon once i get more organized. Here are some pics to show off the wheels.

What wheels did you use?

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

BohemianBabyDev wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:04 pm
What wheels did you use?
The Porsche Fuchs wheels wheels are RC4WD Lotus 1.9" Aluminum Wheels. They are aluminum, pricey and still available :D

BohemianBabyDev

LoboNYC wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:37 pm
I want to redo this car the same way i did my buddy's DS Camaro...but with a few differences. This is the Camaro i restored for my buddy...

Shock Tower, rear suspension arms, rear stabilizer mounted. Stainless steel hardware replaces stock steel.

Front end mounted. Arms, Shock tower and front stabilizer. Stainless steel hardware used upfront as well.
Hey there, what setup did you run for the front 12mm Hex?
I'm looking to do a similar build.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

BohemianBabyDev wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:39 am Hey there, what setup did you run for the front 12mm Hex?
Looks like RC10B4.2 parts. Unfortunately, many of the parts have gotten hard to find.

I'd probably look at the Custom Works hex conversion kit.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

BohemianBabyDev wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:39 am Hey there, what setup did you run for the front 12mm Hex?
I'm not sure it they are still available but i used the front c-hubs and axles from the associated sc10 4wd truck. There was a vendor on eBay who sold them along with the rear axle carriers. It was great as you only had to enlarge the hole for the hinge pin in order to mount them.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

I'm not sure it they are still available but i used the front c-hubs and axles from the associated sc10 4wd truck. There was a vendor on eBay who sold them along with the rear axle carriers. It was great as you only had to enlarge the hole for the hinge pin in order to mount them.

BohemianBabyDev

LoboNYC wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:48 am
BohemianBabyDev wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:04 pm
What wheels did you use?
The Porsche Fuchs wheels wheels are RC4WD Lotus 1.9" Aluminum Wheels. They are aluminum, pricey and still available :D
SO you can use RC4WD 1.9" wheels with tamiya tires?
I was loking at some that looked like Magnum 500's but they said 1.9" and I thought they'd be for Short course trucks or crawlers because they always picture them with larger tires.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

BohemianBabyDev wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:24 am SO you can use RC4WD 1.9" wheels with tamiya tires?
I was loking at some that looked like Magnum 500's but they said 1.9" and I thought they'd be for Short course trucks or crawlers because they always picture them with larger tires.
I have not tried Tamiya tires on rc4wd bead lock wheels. The Porsche wheels are non bead lock. However, i have used HPI 26mm on-road tires on rc4wd 1.9 aluminum bead lock wheels with no issues. In fact I've mounted the HPI pirelli rally tires on bead lock wheels with no issues as well. The reality is the rc4wd were intended for the truck/crawler market but some of the designs stem from the muscle car market like the rc4wd Shelby aluminum bead lock set. A beautiful wheel that unfortunately is no longer available, which i mounted on the gulf livery mustang. Another beauty is the Mickey Thompson Street comp aluminum bead lock. Matched with a set of HPI x pattern street tire, it is perfect for my Willy's coupe. Again these are wheels intended for crawlers but perfect for any muscle car project. You just have to experiment with the wheels and different tires.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

BohemianBabyDev wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:24 am SO you can use RC4WD 1.9" wheels with tamiya tires?
I have not tried Tamiya tires on rc4wd bead lock wheels. The Porsche wheels are non bead lock. However, i have used HPI 26mm on-road tires on rc4wd 1.9 aluminum bead lock wheels with no issues. In fact I've mounted the HPI pirelli rally tires on bead lock wheels with no issues as well. The reality is the rc4wd were intended for the truck/crawler market but some of the designs stem from the muscle car market like the rc4wd Shelby aluminum bead lock set. A beautiful wheel that unfortunately is no longer available, which i mounted on the gulf livery mustang.

Another beauty is the Mickey Thompson Street comp aluminum bead lock. Matched with a set of HPI x pattern street tire, it is perfect for my Willy's coupe.

Again these are wheels by rc4wd intended for crawlers but perfect for any muscle car project. You just have to experiment with the wheels and different tires.