Nix 91 Kits avail Jan 2019

Moderator: Seabass

Seabass
Business Member

Nix 91 Kits avail Jan 2019

Post by Seabass »

Hey guys I have been a total ghost here and its partly due to so many irons in the fire its hard to keep track working a full time job, plus working on so many other projects parts, etc. I have been using Facebook simply because it is easier to respond however you would not believe the amount of messages I receive on a daily basis. I seriously need someone to help field questions, hahaha.

I have a large quantity of material on the way to me as we speak and all the programs for the machine are set to cut the chassis. I was able to ship a few kits out today to a handful of lucky people. Jan 2019 I will be in full production mode on these kits and I want to make sure everyone who wants one gets one.

It would be helpful to me if you guys would give me an idea of who wants one. I can accept a PM if you don't feel comfortable posting publicly. I am trying to gauge how much material I will need to order for the next run.

Anyways I will be checking in from time to time as this place is the birth of that project so I have to come back here for those of you who don't use Facebook.

Seabass
Business Member

Re: Nix 91 Kits avail Jan 2019

Post by Seabass »

The kits prices have gone up $20 due to material expenses being much more this time around due to a new vendor.

$230 Shipped in the US

$242 Shipped Worldwide

The kits will contain:

CF Main Chassis
CF Top Deck
G10 Front and Rear towers
CF Transmission Brace
Bullet Style Aluminum Wing Mounts
Aluminum Chassis standoffs with 4-40 screws
Kydex Bumper
Small Pattern Nuts (Aids with securing the bell cranks depending on which style to decide to use)

The following links will be the part you need to purchase through Shapeways and as you all know, you will need a donor car for a few of the parts to complete the build.

Rear Arm Mounts
https://www.shapeways.com/product/TJFB82BET/nix91-041-rear-arm-mounts?optionId=57483138&li=marketplace&fbclid=IwAR0g0y2FVye7uDtEbY36KOQapT3yB6RdlfnZvUNjycUvCaMyXZYKcq9V4qA

Rear Arms
https://www.shapeways.com/product/4ZMMFATE4/nix91-rear-replica-arms-sls?optionId=43221605&li=marketplace&fbclid=IwAR2P3Wjn26tXn_CnPwqn1gLqSf_GJVeXAK942n_FpYo_rPjAFI9H_ZfAmP4

Bell Cranks (You need the RC10T Bell Crank hardware if you choose this route)
https://www.shapeways.com/product/5Z238N6UU/nix91-steering-sls?optionId=42928620&li=marketplace&fbclid=IwAR1V3QRCTFOiut9Ed44_Yq7WQAtd_pS2w0DGy_KCcQcRVkBaa0ex6oaSNgs

Front Arms
https://www.shapeways.com/product/EM5HNZA8B/nix91-front-replica-arms-sls?optionId=43612809&li=marketplace&fbclid=IwAR35nQJTtY2wXz6SyZez7Hbfh3prnveX27TACgCGCSo0pg5NFjsMVyUo7Vk

Steering and Castor Blocks
https://www.shapeways.com/product/6PKMYB3Z6/nix91-steering-blocks-sls?optionId=43691074&li=marketplace&fbclid=IwAR28nre1k6EZ0Qy6Hir7HvC4yGntE3nleNdCFgg2yrEOIDCLfttGbzcYdiU

25 Degree Front Bulkhead
https://www.shapeways.com/product/MPKC5ET6A/nix91-022-front-bulkhead?optionId=43224633&li=marketplace&fbclid=IwAR3xKnFWnhoJ8S8voiYjHIR_J7Js2hrJSM2gyZcZ06hCFPkYVNC_0e07r90

If you don't have the parts from the RC10T Bell Cranks thee is a set of Bell Cranks that use bearings. I find these worked the best but are not like the original buggy.
Optional Bell Cranks
https://www.shapeways.com/product/BKZ8XC6QU/nix91-race-steering-sls?optionId=42240873&li=marketplace&fbclid=IwAR0mm3NQ7qlFiR9QocRusXhLr4vE29w255lCjEJQsr10BBTlZ7J09a9FwmU

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

I’m definitely interested in 1 kit. Thanks

Best Regards,
Steve Grider
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

Bgisbad

Post by Bgisbad »

I’d def interested in a kit.

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Just shipped out the first several NIX91 kits.

Greenhell and Bgisbad I will be reaching out to you in a couple weeks as more material is on the way.

Anyone else interested, please send me a PM or message here and I will add you to the list.

Jake

joelwhite

Post by joelwhite »

I hope Im not too late to the game here. But Im extremely interested in a kit.

snowfox
Approved Member

Post by snowfox »

Me too, I'm down for 1 kit. I'll regret it if I don't bite the bullet on one this time round.
Give it Gas!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I spoke to him yesterday to let him know and it sounds like this batch is all sold. I’m sure he will check in and confirm when he is ready to make more 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

I only have a vague guess at what this is but I believe I need one too, or at least I need a spot in line. I feel like the cave man that just got thawed out and is trying to catch up. Search function here I come.
- Brian -

My Gallery

Grunger73
Approved Member

Post by Grunger73 »

Are these still for sale?

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

they will be again as Jake sets up for round 2. Life happens and knowing this isn't his mainstay patience will be the key. Jake contacted me awhile after this was a reality again stating I had gotten in line for round 2 which was fine for me since I didn't have the cash but def worth the wait.

As Jeff stated above I'm sure Jake will be checking back in here as things get closer...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Round two is currently underway and I have the material in hand. I will be working on getting them wrapped up in the next couple weeks. For those who stayed they are interested I have you added to the list and will be sending out private messages once I am getting within a week of being ready to ship.

Willrcboy

Post by Willrcboy »

hello there,
would like to know more about getting the kit as i am getting interested to built a replica since i am getting back to collecting lately after many years being away.
Thanks
Will (willrcboy - same name as on ebay)

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

Hello,

Been a long-time follower. Late to the game with getting the Nix 91 kits. I would be interested in ordering one. Not urgent, but hope they are available still.

I have some of the shapeways items ordered already.

Warmly,
ak
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

Lurker
Approved Member

Post by Lurker »

I am extremely late to this. Are there any more of these available?