Nix91 - Rick Hohwart replica

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bluewormx
Approved Member

Re: Nix91 - Rick Hohwart replica

Post by bluewormx »

Thank you Ron and Jake for encouragement.
Seeking perfection is just listening to the little voices that say "That's not quite right!"

Right now the voices are screaming change the Novak decal on the receiver, its too dark!

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

bluewormx wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 am ...The decals, that was a partial disaster, getting what you see on the screen on to paper Is really hard especially when you need to co-ordinate with a third party. ...
Were you able to finish the car?
I realize that it's been a while but could you please tell us more about the decals -- was it a bad color match or something more serious?
I'm hoping perhaps to learn from other's misfortunes. :oops: Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. :D
Doug

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

XLR8 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:52 pm
bluewormx wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 am ...The decals, that was a partial disaster, getting what you see on the screen on to paper Is really hard especially when you need to co-ordinate with a third party. ...
Were you able to finish the car?
I realize that it's been a while but could you please tell us more about the decals -- was it a bad color match or something more serious?
I'm hoping perhaps to learn from other's misfortunes. :oops: Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. :D
I'm hoping with you :mrgreen:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

bluewormx
Approved Member

Post by bluewormx »

Opps, sorry for not replying to this.

The car is as it was in the last photo. Maybe I will get to it one day.

Like I said, getting what you see on the screen onto a decal is tricky, you need to find a printer that is willing to work with you and has good communication. Being in the same time zone helps. Also a printer that can work around alternative software stacks.

I am great full to Dinglem for pointing me in the direction of his buddy Del at Delcal graphics. Del was extremely helpful and great to work with. I got all the decals made for my Jamie Booth 86 euro replica made. I did the graphics work on all of them except for the Union jack "British Team" sticker and the prismatic "Demon" sticker, those where done by Del himself.

So if I get to this in the next few years I will definitely work with Del again.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

bluewormx wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:12 pm Opps, sorry for not replying to this.

The car is as it was in the last photo. Maybe I will get to it one day.

Like I said, getting what you see on the screen onto a decal is tricky, you need to find a printer that is willing to work with you and has good communication. Being in the same time zone helps. Also a printer that can work around alternative software stacks.

I am great full to Dinglem for pointing me in the direction of his buddy Del at Delcal graphics. Del was extremely helpful and great to work with. I got all the decals made for my Jamie Booth 86 euro replica made. I did the graphics work on all of them except for the Union jack "British Team" sticker and the prismatic "Demon" sticker, those where done by Del himself.

So if I get to this in the next few years I will definitely work with Del again.
Thank you for your reply.

And also, thanks to you, I have used Inkscape to create my first decal design and a preliminary version is with Nathaneal at MCI for review and feedback at the moment. This one's for Paul and once we have the process sorted out, I have other designs nearly ready for him to print.

Thanks again for your help. I'm still looking forward to seeing your car finished. :D
Doug

Lurker
Approved Member

Post by Lurker »

Thank you for posting your work. I do hope you finish this build some day, and I hope you share the pics with us when you do :D