Super Rooster lipo cut off

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Steve71
Approved Member

Super Rooster lipo cut off

Post by Steve71 »

Since just getting back into the hobby after many years away lipos are still new to me and still learning some about them. Today a buddy gave me a bunch of his old Rc stuff that he does not need anymore. One thing was a Novak Super Rooster ESC. I'm thinking this would be good for my current tuber clod I have been working on which I plan to run 2s lipos in. I know the super rooster does not have a cut off for lipos. Can this be added? I read that they make some lipo cut off switches but not sure if they can be added to any ESC? and if so are they all the same or is it a certain one I'd need for 2s?

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Re: Super Rooster lipo cut off

Post by matt1ptkn »

A lipo low voltage detector / cutoff is quite common and can be added to any ESC set-up. Some simply plug into the battery's balance plug and act as a low voltage detector/alarm while others plug in-line with the ESC's receiver plug and act as a low voltage cutoff. There are many versions from which to choose. Here is a quasi-pricey, low voltage cutoff for example (this one is only good up to 10 Amp though):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sky-RC-4-12V-10A-Power-Switch-SK-600054-02-With-LVC-Cut-Off-For-Li-Po-/272716657321?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
and here is a less expensive detector/alarm example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Lipo-Battery-Low-Voltage-Alarm-1S-8S-Buzzer-Indicator-Checker-Tester-BIN-K1X9-/312349387592?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

Steve71
Approved Member

Re: Super Rooster lipo cut off

Post by Steve71 »

Perfect that's exactly what I was hoping I could do is just a plug in fix to make it work. Thanks.