When to say when....how do you guys determine when to sell and move on

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bozack
Approved Member

When to say when....how do you guys determine when to sell and move on

Post by bozack »

So with parts being so hard to get I have started thinking it might be time to dump my B4.1 and SC10.2 as I just don't see myself using them, I got all the pieces to swap the 4.1 to hex but don't want to bother installing them as it just seems not worth it.

Wondering if you guys just keep them and store them or move them out

I have a B6.1D that I haven't even opened yet as the closest track is like an hour away, but if I move the other two I can take the electronics and move them into that which I can get parts for.

duckhead

Re: When to say when....how do you guys determine when to sell and move on

Post by duckhead »

bozack wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:03 pm So with parts being so hard to get I have started thinking it might be time to dump my B4.1 and SC10.2 as I just don't see myself using them, I got all the pieces to swap the 4.1 to hex but don't want to bother installing them as it just seems not worth it.

Wondering if you guys just keep them and store them or move them out

I have a B6.1D that I haven't even opened yet as the closest track is like an hour away, but if I move the other two I can take the electronics and move them into that which I can get parts for.
I'd say it really depends on what you do with your vehicles. If you race or plan on racing then the B6.1D is a better choice over the B4.1 in terms of parts availability and adaptability to all racing surfaces. However, if you are just occasionally running / bashing either of those vehicles are just fine, but as you mentioned, parts availability is becoming an issue for the older cars.

I will close with saying that if you like or have any sentimental attachment to the B4.1 or SC10.2 and don't need to sell, it might be worth keeping them. Most folks on this board (myself included) have gotten rid of stuff in the past that we 'no longer needed' only to regret it later in life.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I keep my interest level up by having a few different types of vehicle. You’ll loose interest if you pigeon hole yourself to just few cars.

Most of my cars are long term projects that are never really finished. I’ll come across some new part to either upgrade or replace a worn part. Stick it in a box until I’m ready. Over the weekend I installed parts on my old HPI RS4 mini that I bought way back in 2003 and Pro2 that I bought 5 years ago.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

My projects are supposed to be short term but due to the excruciatingly slow shipping end up being long term. :lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

threesheds
Approved Member

Post by threesheds »

When the love has gone...

bozack
Approved Member

Post by bozack »

thanks all, well the good thing is I am not in a rush, I have all the cars and I thankfully have space for them, its just a matter of them being dust collectors at this point.

on another note I just saw someone win an auction for an amazing amount of parts for only $30 which included the B4 hex axles so whoever won that got a steal.