** 2022 Vintage Off-Road Nationals - R/C Excitement Inc., Fitchburg, MA - Sept. 23-25 **

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

CCristo

Re: ** 2022 Vintage Off-Road Nationals - R/C Excitement Inc., Fitchburg, MA - Sept. 23-25 **

Post by CCristo »

Forget what I said about the triple being reworked.... I was at the track last night and was told there will be no layout changes for the Vintage Nats

scr8p
Administrator

Re: ** 2022 Vintage Off-Road Nationals - R/C Excitement Inc., Fitchburg, MA - Sept. 23-25 **

Post by scr8p »

The triple looks a lot less painful than the backstretch doubles last year. I could never get a good handle on them and just beat the hell out of my car in the process.

stickboy007
Approved Member

Post by stickboy007 »

scr8p wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:55 am The triple looks a lot less painful than the backstretch doubles last year. I could never get a good handle on them and just beat the hell out of my car in the process.
Yeah, it's just a double-single. Not a problem at all.

Last year's layout separated the man-boys from the man-babies.

dldiaz
Approved Member

Post by dldiaz »

Haha!!
Yes agree with above, my cars took a beating on that backstretch last year - I had best results rolling those triples then jumping the smaller gap right before the turn on last year's backstretch.

Current layout / triple section does not look nearly as brutal.

I have a couple aluminum chassis RC10s to try for 2wd - I am not very adept at tuning, so will have B2/B3 as backup.
- Watch out B-Main, I may be a threat!! :mrgreen:
-dldiaz

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

stickboy007 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:21 am
scr8p wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:55 am The triple looks a lot less painful than the backstretch doubles last year. I could never get a good handle on them and just beat the hell out of my car in the process.
Yeah, it's just a double-single. Not a problem at all.

Last year's layout separated the man-boys from the man-babies.
I had a much, much better average making it with my truck. But my buggy..... I just could never get comfortable with it.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Yeah the short turn in at the left side lineup was critical for me. If I wasn't on the right side of the track to hit the first double right that second one led to disaster. I think almost every screw on my b2 was loose after the mains.