Possible new vintage brushed motor sticky thread??

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

R6cowboy

Possible new vintage brushed motor sticky thread??

Post by R6cowboy »

I brought up this idea in someone else's thread, so I'm bringing it up here instead of continuing to de-rail theirs.

Since there's a lot of us folks who buy and/or collect old brushed motors, I thought it might be useful if we had a sticky thread in the "Vintage Electronics" section focused on the history of different companies vintage brushed motors and what brands or suppliers of parts they used for their various versions of motors. This thread would not just be names & specs of motors, like the "Ultimate Vintage Brushed Motor Reference Guide".

In that other thread, what was brought up was the different suppliers/brands of cans & endbells that Trinity used on different versions of their old brushed motors. Using this for example, the purpose of the new sticky thread would describe what specific can, endbell, armature Trinity used for their motors (with photo examples if available) and in the order they were released or timeframe they were available when new. This would give anyone a guide to reference for exactly what kind or brand parts (armatures, cans, endbells) companies used for their production motors. It would also help identify if an old motor has mismatched parts then what it originally had.

An example I'm dealing with is; I have a handful of old yellow label and white label Team Losi Revolution motors. One of the yellow labels and one white label motor do not have what I believe to be the correct original endbells, and it's difficult to find out exactly what endbells these came with originally or if they came with different brands of endbells throughout their production runs. Therefore, if we had a thread like this which had descriptions & pictures of the various versions of vintage Losi motors, it would likely be a very helpful reference for me to identify which endbell(s) my motors would've came with when new.

With the abundance of knowledgeable minds on this forum, there could be a lot to contribute to a thread like this. I'd have a small portion of info to contribute. It's available information like this which I think helps keep people interested, enthused and involved in the vintage r/c hobby.
I'm just not sure the best way to start or organize/layout a thread like that.

Thoughts??
-Jerry-

Frankentruck

Re: Possible new vintage brushed motor sticky thread??

Post by Frankentruck »

I think you just start with some info and others dogpile in with more info. A site admin can make it a sticky if they want. They might wait until they see how much info is added.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Lowgear
Administrator

Re: Possible new vintage brushed motor sticky thread??

Post by Lowgear »

That is precisely correct. :)

What I've found about brushed motors from doing the reference guide is things were very loosely structured in many ways. I wouldn't be surprised if like mentioned, different brands of endbells, cans, etc... were used throughout various production runs depending on what manufacturers could get.