Inter-Fab Viper EX-10

The place to go when it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

Re: Inter-Fab Viper EX-10

Post by morrisey0 »

Got the battery pack made up, which completes the chassis, I think.
VIPER BUILD 17.jpg
VIPER BUILD 18.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Didn't see the posts from a few days ago. Thinking out loud... Pure red is 255 Red 0 Blue 0 Green whereas the vinyl decals averaged 190 Red 50 Green 40 Blue across your photo. Exposure changes with angle, so the RBG will too but, if your star is 255-0-0 then the vinyl has more color in it than just red.

If you're considering another go at the printed decals... might take some samples from the vinyl at various points in your photo, notate the RBG values and make a color sample page that you can print out to determine an accurate color match.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

The whole chasing the red thing has just been an experiment, and it proves that you aren't going to get pro results with an inkjet printer and white sticker paper. Now, I do have an eco tank and want to play with different ink types on clear, but that is for the future. Half way through my search for the red I realized that I was trying to match the vinyl that was still on its white backing, and that completely changes once placed on black paint (became much more orangey). So I wasn't even chasing the correct color. So, again I got it close under some lighting conditions, but not all, or even most. Simple fact is the decals are red backed on white, and the vinyl is red backed on black, so they will never match across all lighting scenarios.

Then you run into the issue that the white sticker paper will always show its white on the edges. Have to get this all to work on clear before pro results can happen.

Back to the car, got the whale tail on. Didn't have any means to mount it, so just went with a nylon body post cut to size. FYI, RJ Speed black nylon threaded body posts are not black nylon. They are white dyed black. Glamour shots in the near future.

edit: just realized the body matches the chassis pretty well, since there are about eight different reds on the chassis :D
VIPER BUILD 21.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

morrisey0 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm
Oh, if you can't tell, it is a Texaco sponsored car! :D

VIPER BUILD 16.jpg
I suspected it was...but wasn't sure.

She's a beaut, Clark! The chassis, the batteries, the Cossie body, the Texaco scheme, all of it!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Is this for a shelfer or a runner? I don't know what you mean by "pro results"...but by coloring the white edges of vinyl sticker paper with a black Sharpie does about as good a job as anything to make the red blend onto a black body with barely visible lines. It's either that or have someone make custom decals for you. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Glamour shots.
VIPER DONE 1.jpg
VIPER DONE 2.jpg
VIPER DONE 4.jpg
VIPER DONE 7.jpg
VIPER DONE 8.jpg
VIPER DONE 9.jpg
VIPER DONE 11.jpg
VIPER DONE 12.jpg

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

VIPER DONE 13.jpg
VIPER DONE 14.jpg
VIPER DONE 15.jpg
VIPER DONE 17.jpg
VIPER DONE 18.jpg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Looks ready for a Euro rally circuit! Nicely done!
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

I love how the chassis is mostly red with some black, and the body is mostly black with some red. :D

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

1911Colt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:14 am I love how the chassis is mostly red with some black, and the body is mostly black with some red. :D
There is a type of color blindness that people with it can't see reds. For those people, this is the most boring car ever created! :D

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:20 am
1911Colt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:14 am I love how the chassis is mostly red with some black, and the body is mostly black with some red. :D
There is a type of color blindness that people with it can't see reds. For those people, this is the most boring car ever created! :D
:lol:

What the #$%@? The whole thing is gray?