Raced RPM Ultra Molded 8080

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Re: Raced RPM Ultra Molded 8080

Post by MarkyDents »

Btw if you’re looking to get the front to sit more like it is supposed to, you should still be able to get the “91” Worlds springs from RPM if you contact them directly. They did have medium and soft. Also if the bend in the motor guard is bothersome that too should still be available from them.
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

How would a person get into this secret stash of RPM springs? Would someone there know what '91 Worlds springs for an RC10 are?
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

The process for buying the motor guards and springs (a few years back anyway) was as simple as sending an email and paying the owner directly via either mailing a check, PayPal gift payment etc. It's been a while for me, so maybe other options exist now. Just mention that you heard there are still springs/motor guards for the ultramolded chassis available and that they don't have a part number (which the springs did but they are long off the books).
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I periodically get more motor guards from RPM because they come in handy for projects, but when I last asked about any other off the books RC10 stuff they said there wasn't anything else, so I feel like there has to be a specific thing to ask. Maybe ultramold chassis springs is the right description to jog their memories.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

RPMfieldtester
Approved Member

Post by RPMfieldtester »

[/quote]
You sir have an keen eye :wink:
[/quote]

I developed it back in the day so it does bring back fond memories!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Frankentruck wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:31 am I periodically get more motor guards from RPM because they come in handy for projects, but when I last asked about any other off the books RC10 stuff they said there wasn't anything else, so I feel like there has to be a specific thing to ask. Maybe ultramold chassis springs is the right description to jog their memories.
You could try asking for the 8027 and 8029 worlds front springs, but I doubt those numbers will work for them. The 8029 were the yellow ones, which I think yellow springs would also be a good identifier since I dont recall RPM having any other yellow colored springs sold.

Its also been mentioned if the person on the phone or email doesnt know, that Atticus Overbay "the RPM Answer Man" is the guy that does, so a name drop may help.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Frankentruck wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:31 am I feel like there has to be a specific thing to ask.
You have to gain their confidence by saying the secret pass phrase, which is "IdonotworkforTraxxasandIwillnotsueyou"

01CR

Post by 01CR »

MarkyDents wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:45 am Btw if you’re looking to get the front to sit more like it is supposed to, you should still be able to get the “91” Worlds springs from RPM if you contact them directly. They did have medium and soft. Also if the bend in the motor guard is bothersome that too should still be available from them.
I am not looking to change anything. It is too beautiful to mess with.

RPMfieldtester
Approved Member

Post by RPMfieldtester »

[/quote]
You could try asking for the 8027 and 8029 worlds front springs, but I doubt those numbers will work for them. The 8029 were the yellow ones, which I think yellow springs would also be a good identifier since I dont recall RPM having any other yellow colored springs sold.
Its also been mentioned if the person on the phone or email doesnt know, that Atticus Overbay "the RPM Answer Man" is the guy that does, so a name drop may help.
[/quote]

Correct, the silver STD and yellow Soft springs are the only springs made for the RPM ultramold buggy but it was post "worlds" so might be a little confusing to some new hires. If there are any issues trying to contact and order, might also try going through the RPM facebook page, I think Atticus was replying to direct inquiries.

jcwrks
Approved Member

Post by jcwrks »

As of last year…

“Yes,we do still have both the silver and yellow springs. The springs are $5 per pair (either color choice), plus $5 shipping for up to 10 pairs shipped anywhere in the USA.”

“We are offering those motor plates for $10 each, plus $3 shipping for up to 6 motor guards shipped anywhere in the USA.”
The official TX SKUNK