Go0fius
5%

Total votes: 60

coxbros1

Re: ** Build of the Month Contest - January 2024 ** - Winner - coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

TheDiamondOne wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:12 pm
juicedcoupe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:39 pm
coxbros1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:20 pm I really, really dig that Pegusus..dude did a fabulous resto!!!
Same here. My first hobby grade car was a Bandido, which is from the same family. When I get time, I've got a new TBG body and MCI decals for it.
Cox Bandito?
Yup..basically
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Had to be the Pegasus , not the rarest or most valuable but it spoke to my childhood experience , very nice restoration .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

TheDiamondOne wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:12 pm
juicedcoupe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:39 pm
coxbros1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:20 pm I really, really dig that Pegusus..dude did a fabulous resto!!!
Same here. My first hobby grade car was a Bandido, which is from the same family. When I get time, I've got a new TBG body and MCI decals for it.
Cox Bandido?
Yes.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

TheDiamondOne wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:08 pm We are all dealing with an AGI JAMMER (as in gear jammer) from late 80's. No ham and egger (including me) gonna hold up to that smoke! Lol
Yeah, showing my ignorance there. I didn't get the significance of it. I was wondering why folks were excited about a pan car with a Stealth. :? I thought the track must have been deteriorating FAST if it was smooth for the front wheels but required offroad suspension by the time the back tires arrived on scene. :lol:

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I don't remember the jammer concept from years ago, the concept just looks like a natural for a future frankenbuild. 😁
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

1911Colt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:22 am Yeah, showing my ignorance there. I didn't get the significance of it. I was wondering why folks were excited about a pan car with a Stealth. :? I thought the track must have been deteriorating FAST if it was smooth for the front wheels but required offroad suspension by the time the back tires arrived on scene. :lol:
Basically what went down (and this is a fact not opinion) is most guys got into r/c in the mid to late 80s via buggys...do to the hype of the RC10, Ultima and JRX2...among many other including Tamiya...but when on onroad started to open up a bit more, everyone thought that was cool...it was clean, sophisticated and fast...but they couldn't shake they're obsession with the offroad cars, and the gear jammers class was born...in a nutshell, they were all obsessed with they're trannys! but the tracks being rough wasn't the case at all....Thumbs was the Godfather of the AGI Jammer if u will, hopefully he will pipe in and give his interpretation of the class and its nostalgia

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

coxbros1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:23 pm
1911Colt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:22 am Yeah, showing my ignorance there. I didn't get the significance of it. I was wondering why folks were excited about a pan car with a Stealth. :? I thought the track must have been deteriorating FAST if it was smooth for the front wheels but required offroad suspension by the time the back tires arrived on scene. :lol:
Thumbs was the Godfather of the AGI Jammer if u will, hopefully he will pipe in and give his interpretation of the class and its nostalgia
He will need permission first🤣
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

TheDiamondOne wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:33 pm He will need permission first🤣
According to my phone he has been on here too!...I guess the ole lady really crack'n the whip these days

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The Turbo Ultima and Pegasus are both awesome restorations. I know they're both box stock configuration, but I really dislike mechanical speed controls. I guess too many memories of burning my hands on blazing hot resistors and runaway buggies with the servo stuck in full forward position. I was so happy to buy a used Novak 4 to upgrade my buggy BITD. Then I just had to worry about blowing the 30A fuse on the power wire. 😁

I'd love to have buggies like them in my collection. I'd immediately yank the MSC though.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Frankentruck wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:12 am ....I'd love to have buggies like them in my collection. I'd immediately yank the MSC though.
Funny how that works...

"Oh that's awesome, look at that thing, it's perfect! ...I'd change this, and this, and that and..." :lol:

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Oddly enough, the only MSC that I have is in my Bandido.

That Kyosho wiper type worked better than most.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

The only MSC I have fitted is in my 834b , never driven it that way though but it's ready to go .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

I dont drive any of my cars that have an MSC fitted. I think I’ve only got 4 or 5 cars with an MSC. “Vintage” ESC’s cost so much these days, so if I can complete a car with the MSC I do :D
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:50 pm Oddly enough, the only MSC that I have is in my Bandido.

That Kyosho wiper type worked better than most.
Wiper msc's...especially Parma with the brake option no reverse..is just titties!...drive as good if not better than early esc's!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Some MSC might have been ok if you couldn't get your hands on an ESC, but I can't think of a reason to prefer an MSC. Plus MSCs wear out, get dead spots, need wiper arm tweaking, etc. When replacing a worn out MSC, it just felt wrong to not be putting that $ towards an ESC. An MSC is just unused parts to throw in the junk box, in my opinion.

But the Turbo Ultima and Pegasus here are both excellent, very well done builds that deserve to snag a bunch of votes this month.

Return to “RC10Talk Build of the Month Contest”