== Who the Heck Are You? ==

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TheDuratrashKid

Re: == Who the Heck Are You? ==

Post by TheDuratrashKid »

Hey fellow enthusiasts.

I'm Blake and I Like Quake.

Duratrax that is.

I've been addicted to the early duratrax nitros since my first at age 11 in 2000.

I've pretty much became the full support guru for these models, pre chinese, is my specialty.

Benders
Approved Member

Post by Benders »

I’m Ray, also known to many as Bender. Bodyman and fabricator for 35 years. Father of 5 and typical grumpy old guy. I was heavy into rc’s waaaaay back in the day. I got out of it in 90-91? My kids drug me back in this past Christmas If I could figure out how to post pics I would. However I’d get lots of hate mail over broken screens so probably a good thing I don’t know how to. If it’s metal, body or paint and I can be of help feel free to ask.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Benders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:34 pm If I could figure out how to post pics I would. However I’d get lots of hate mail over broken screens so probably a good thing I don’t know how to.
Here you go.
Lowgear wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 am I don't have time at the moment to do a picture tutorial but here's the short version. The following is using a Windows desktop computer so it will of course be different for other devices.

When you're creating a new post, underneath the left side of the text box it says Options and Attachments.

Click on Attachments.

You can upload images two different ways. You can either click and drag them into the text box or click on the little Add files button. The button is also underneath the left side of the text box.

Once you click that, a window will open up on your computer. Navigate to where the image you want to upload is, and double click on it or single click and then click open.

When you do that, your image will upload to the site. Repeat the process for all the images you want to add to your post.

It will display the file(s) you've uploaded underneath the text box.

Finally you have two options. You can simply submit the post, and it will add the images to it automatically but it bunches them together, and is not the preferred method.

The better way is to click the Place inline button next to the image filenames, as that allows you to place them in your post however you like.
Its the same way with Android devices.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Benders
Approved Member

Post by Benders »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 pm
Benders wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:34 pm
Lowgear wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 am I don't have time at the moment to do a picture tutorial but here's the short version. The following is using a Windows desktop computer so it will of course be different for other devices.

When you're creating a new post, underneath the left side of the text box it says Options and Attachments.

Click on Attachments.

You can upload images two different ways. You can either click and drag them into the text box or click on the little Add files button. The button is also underneath the left side of the text box.

Once you click that, a window will open up on your computer. Navigate to where the image you want to upload is, and double click on it or single click and then click open.

When you do that, your image will upload to the site. Repeat the process for all the images you want to add to your post.

It will display the file(s) you've uploaded underneath the text box.

Finally you have two options. You can simply submit the post, and it will add the images to it automatically but it bunches them together, and is not the preferred method.

The better way is to click the Place inline button next to the image filenames, as that allows you to place them in your post however you like.
Its the same way with Android devices.
Imagine that…let’s see if this works…

Btw the handle “juiced coupe” wouldn’t happen to be a model a with juice brakes would it?
Attachments
82E2AD8A-636C-437C-8E22-91C27E7B7074.jpeg

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Benders wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:30 am Btw the handle “juiced coupe” wouldn’t happen to be a model a with juice brakes would it?
It has nothing to do with RC.

That name is probably close to 20 years old. It dates back to my nitrous equipped Mustang coupe (I've had a few, and still do). It was probably best known on a forum called SBFTech, of which I was a mod with my own tech section.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:31 am
Benders wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:30 am Btw the handle “juiced coupe” wouldn’t happen to be a model a with juice brakes would it?
It has nothing to do with RC.

That name is probably close to 20 years old. It dates back to my nitrous equipped Mustang coupe (I've had a few, and still do). It was probably best known on a forum called SBFTech, of which I was a mod with my own tech section.
Damn son....should have put 2 and 2 together....me and "the diamond" one are nitrous enthusiasts too!....we have retired from it due to financial restraints but had a true passion for it....from 455 Pontiacs, to 460/454 jets boats to 50cc 2 stroke vintage scooters....loved it!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

coxbros1 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:54 pm...from 455 Pontiacs, to 460/454 jets boats to 50cc 2 stroke vintage scooters....loved it!
Old Poncho power..Now you’re speaking my language! I still have a 455 in the shed with some 15” honeycombs.
-Brad

Dessertrat
Approved Member

Post by Dessertrat »

Howdy, from Southern California.

I’m Vinnie. 41 years old. Policeman.

This is me getting my pin last year. 20 years baby!!

….and I can’t retire soon enough!
F98475FE-1693-4745-838D-4F48DAD38EB2.jpeg

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Given a pin wiith a ghost, awesome :lol:

I'd hate to be a policeman in this day and age so my hats off to you, congratulations.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Dessertrat
Approved Member

Post by Dessertrat »

Thanks man. Ya for me, the simple version is….today’s style of police work just isn’t what I signed up for.

I think it would be like telling a plumber to stop sweating pipes with a torch and start using a BIC lighter instead. And then telling him that’s how he has to sweat pipes from here on out if he wants to continue making his living as a plumber.

Something like that anyway :)

jcwrks
Approved Member

Post by jcwrks »

Dessertrat wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:36 pm Thanks man. Ya for me, the simple version is….today’s style of police work just isn’t what I signed up for.

I think it would be like telling a plumber to stop sweating pipes with a torch and start using a BIC lighter instead. And then telling him that’s how he has to sweat pipes from here on out if he wants to continue making his living as a plumber.

Something like that anyway :)
Not to get political, but your state is full of backwards thinkers. Move to Texas and come work for Texas DPS. :mrgreen:
The official TX SKUNK

mAdMan
Approved Member

Post by mAdMan »

Dessertrat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:34 am Howdy, from Southern California.

I’m Vinnie. 41 years old. Policeman.

This is me getting my pin last year. 20 years baby!!

….and I can’t retire soon enough!F98475FE-1693-4745-838D-4F48DAD38EB2.jpeg
I think maybe we are neighbors? You look so familiar. I’m in Hesperia and 40. Grew up in Mira loma.

Hey everyone! I’m Adam. On the left