Boss Cat 4x4 Nitro - Storm 2000 Nitro

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Boss Cat 4x4 Nitro - Storm 2000 Nitro

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Hey everyone,

After seeing so many amazing models I thought it would be extremely rude not to share my two classic cars.

First off my Boscat 4x4 rebuilt from a R&D car Schumacher sold me back in about 2003 by the factory as they couldn't supply any bits sadly - I choose to install a OS RX to spice it up a bit and boy was it fast! I found the 15r Irvine was always a bit tame when I used to run one in a MK2 Nitro 10 back in 92/93, - i'm guessing it was originally produced around 1990 up until around 93/4 as they were slow sellers owing to a big price tag of around £400 if I'm recalling correctly..

Next we have a highly modified Schumacher Storm 2000 which originally competed in the World Championships in America around 90/91 I think - it finished in a similar place 92nd i think :)

Orginally it would have worn the above big body as fitted to the Boscat above, but over the years it has evolved and progressed somewhat..

Oh and a never been used top cat shell for good measure and my totally 90s Cougar 2 shell I used to race with :)

Enjoy :)

GJW
Approved Member

Re: Boss Cat 4x4 Nitro - Storm 2000 Nitro

Post by GJW »

very groovey man nice rides :)

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Matey,

That's only the second Nitro 4x4 I've seein in probably the past 10 years.... apart from my own, which is sadly nowhere near as nice as yours!! Quite a piece of history, and I have to agree, incredibly expensive back in the day...

Love the Storm 2000 Nitro too, great piece of Schumacher history, you do not see these around any more.... I have heaps of Nitro 10s, a 21XS, and the 4x4, and one day I'll have the 2000 too - my favourite nitros!

Do you have manuals for either of the trucks? If so, could I persuade you to get copies of them for me? I'll pay if needed to photocopy and post to me in Australia - I've been looking for a LOOOONG while....

Great trucks mate, very impressive!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Thanks for the kind comments :) Cheers !

: Incredible_Serious

I don't think I have either manual unfortunately, but if I find one in amongst my piles of stuff I can certainly sort you a copy :) My friend might have a Storm 2000 manual, but please don't hold your breath.. - I might have a Boscat manual somewhere?

If you need any Boscat 4x4 spares, I have loads as I brought a job lot to ensure I had plenty for my car :) I even have a second hand Irvine 15r which I believe still works :)

Have you got a spare curly manifold used on both the MK1 & MK2 Nitro 10s and of course the Boscat 4x4 to conect to a tune pipe? sadly I had to have one made which is OK but a little agricultural as you can probably see from the pictures :)

:)

Adrian

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

AD-RS1600i wrote:Thanks for the kind comments :) Cheers !

I don't think I have either manual unfortunately, but if I find one in amongst my piles of stuff I can certainly sort you a copy :) My friend might have a Storm 2000 manual, but please don't hold your breath.. - I might have a Boscat manual somewhere?

If you need any Boscat 4x4 spares, I have loads as I brought a job lot to ensure I had plenty for my car :) I even have a second hand Irvine 15r which I believe still works :)

Have you got a spare curly manifold used on both the MK1 & MK2 Nitro 10s and of course the Boscat 4x4 to conect to a tune pipe? sadly I had to have one made which is OK but a little agricultural as you can probably see from the pictures :)

Adrian
Adrian,

I may have to buy you on parts, once I start rebuilding my 4x4.... I know I'll need a belt at least :oops:

I do have a new in pack proper exhaust mount for the N4x4 etc to mount a tuned pipe, a guy on another forum wanted one but then went quiet once I found it.... I'll dig it out and show you some pics, there's not a lot of difference between yours and the factory part though!

What is interesting to me is that on my N4x4, that small upper chassis plate is carbon fibre..... really need the manual to check if that was an upgrade part or just a slightly different spec kit....

All I have to go on at the moment is an exploded diagram and a parts list... so I should check that :wink:

Alex

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
AD-RS1600i wrote:Thanks for the kind comments :) Cheers !

Adrian
Adrian,

I may have to buy you on parts, once I start rebuilding my 4x4.... I know I'll need a belt at least :oops:

I do have a new in pack proper exhaust mount for the N4x4 etc to mount a tuned pipe, a guy on another forum wanted one but then went quiet once I found it.... I'll dig it out and show you some pics, there's not a lot of difference between yours and the factory part though!

What is interesting to me is that on my N4x4, that small upper chassis plate is carbon fibre..... really need the manual to check if that was an upgrade part or just a slightly different spec kit....

All I have to go on at the moment is an exploded diagram and a parts list... so I should check that :wink:

Alex

Alex
Great stuff, I wouldn't mind the original item, mine was fabricated from a on road manifold, which is ok but a little agricultural to be honest! What parts do you need, we could do a swap actually?

I *think! mine was made from nilon parts because it was the original R&D machine, I have a feeling the production cars were carbon fibre! Mine originally had a paper thin chasis buckled in many different locations, which Schumacher must have learn't from as the new one I brought was much thicker!

I built mine from the same exploded diagram!!, a fair amount of guess work and my Bosscat electric manual and muddled through really :) One part that would be really usefully is the lexan belt guards, mine are looking very second hand now sadly... :(

I will have to get mine going again at some point :)

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Belt covers you say......

Lexan, you say....

Part U5031H perhaps? I have one of those..... new in pack. Look forward to using it on my N4x4.

You'll just have to make do with my other NIP U5031H set...... :wink:

I'll put it in the pile of trade items for you.....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Wow, you've got an original set of belt covers for a 4x4 Boscat Nitro? - hen's teeth spring to mind - assuming they haven't been cut yet I would strongly recommend taking a plaster-of-paris mold of them, because you simply can't buy them anymore and they are very different too the boscat lexan belt drive covers and exceptionally rare at a guess... Have you got an original Panther body shell as fitted to the MK1/Mk2 Nitro 10 cars, i'd really love one of those as well!!!! I can see me getting mine going again, it hasn't run since early 2003 lol.... I've sourced an original set of drive belts, again the Boscat centre belt on the Nitro is miles longer than the electric buggy, I had to go to the factory that Schumacher actually brought the belts from in Northampton!!!!

So based on the above what do you think about a deal on a few bits? :)

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Incredible_Serious : Drop me a PM mate, there might be some bits you need if you take a look at you setup :) I've got tons of old Schumacher stuff :)

jeroen206
Approved Member

Post by jeroen206 »

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Post by AD-RS1600i »

Wow, thankyou! I've got those diagrams somewhere :) I've also got an original MK1 Nitro 10 instruction manual, properly second hand mind!!