New built YR-4 special with Alfa 155 Martini Body

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: New built YR-4 special with Alfa 155 Martini Body

Post by Mr. ED »

phoenix wrote:interested in the body! Do you have pics in the post? I'd also be interested in a CF YR-4 II Chassis if available around in japanes hobby shops :) Still looking for mx-4 body sets though ...

EP TC's are 190mm now. These Tamiya bodies sometimes retail for 170$ plus...
Ok, this is the picture straight from the box. I have the decals and plastic parts still in the kit bag and the body still has the film over it. (Apparently window masks were never included.)
50$ plus shipping.

The 3 models which were standard for the 1st release were a toyota supra, honda prelude and Mitsubishi GTO (eclipse?). Let me konw if you want the pic of all 3. (I noticed the 'special' sticker on the box covers the exact area where the normal edition promotes the included body. Maybe the sides of the special box have similar treatment)

EDIT: I just noticed the boxart does not use all decals: there's decals for the headlights included.
Attachments
IMG_5385.JPG

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

Is it me or does the WB look shorter? Looks similar to the one i have, but mine was labeled the YR4 Type J. Full CF chassis and converted to Saddle pack setup.

Thats a Nice Prelude Ed. I found my Skyline body (the one i PMd you about) along w/ the decals for it. none have been cut out yet. I'll try and work on getting pics up. I have a lot of catching up to do. Looks like I might be getting layed off at the end of the week, so we'll see what develops. I've been wanting to sell my YR4, but perhaps I'll keep it.

MOmo

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

Here's my YR-4 Special and Pro edition. The other two are MR-4TC with full carbon graphite chassis.
Attachments
here it is
here it is

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

Here are close up shots with CROSS aluminum parts. I had to trade in my Left arm, left foot, right leg and my left hand middle index fingers for these Cross Parts. Extremely rare as I have never seen them on the Bay before...just like my silver carbon graphite chassis for the MR-4TC also.
Attachments
Yoke1.jpg
Yoke7.jpg
Yoke6.jpg
Yoke5.jpg
Yoke4.jpg
Yoke3.jpg
Yoke2.jpg

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

mmm; I didn't know those red parts are Kose and they are so rare. I have most of them still somewhere, abit sun-tanned and used but fairly ok condition.
It was just a car I got as spares for the one with all the blue alloy.

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

These aluminum parts are not Kose. These are made by Cross. Kose is cheaper made, quality is wayyyy less. Kose is at the same level as GPM, Golden Horizon, Integy, HR etc.