Hello Yall From Mississippi

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kenny21

Re: Hello Yall From Mississippi

Post by kenny21 »

Hey yall I want yall to know that I really appreciate all the post here. I want to wish each and everyone of yall,yalls family and friends a safe and happy new year to come yalls way.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

kenny21 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 am Yeah we had the timing and all right and so was the valves- for some reason I guess the race fuel done something and even after turning the motor over some,the guy said the rings were froze up and he fixed it up and running good. He said all the block was fine and they just freshened it up and sent me a video of it and it was smoother than owl snot.Phil Combs bought it and they drove 14 hours to pick it up so after a 28 hour round trip I helped them out on the price.
Yeah. I have to admit, that thing had me whipped. I've never seen a V8 with the rings stuck so bad that it wouldn't crank. Being that it was running before, it never would have crossed my mind to check.
kenny21 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 am Yeah i was gonna jump off into it a little more than I want but I may have to pull the reigns back some cause they is just a good group of guys from mobile that like to just run 1/10th scale electric for fun like in church or school parking lots, they did tell me that those guys do some swearing for sure.
When you said that they were racing in the Industrial rd area, it made me think that it might be the same group of wannabe street outlaws from over this way. I have no tolerance for loud mouth thugs. They have offered to buy my car several times.

Even if it isn't them, its probably not my crowd. Almost all of my stuff is vintage, all run brushed motors, and all are on AM radios. I'm not likely to fit in with guys with drag Slash's and such. And I'm defiantly not about to build one.
kenny21 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 am Man you just need to get up with us when your off and cut up and just drop tail gates and cook out and have a blast
Sounds like fun.

But it will be a while. I am on straight nights until mid February. I only have a few off-days over the next month and a half. After that, we will be back on 7-on/7-off for a while.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:11 pm
kenny21 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 am Yeah we had the timing and all right and so was the valves- for some reason I guess the race fuel done something and even after turning the motor over some,the guy said the rings were froze up and he fixed it up and running good. He said all the block was fine and they just freshened it up and sent me a video of it and it was smoother than owl snot.Phil Combs bought it and they drove 14 hours to pick it up so after a 28 hour round trip I helped them out on the price.
Yeah. I have to admit, that thing had me whipped. I've never seen a V8 with the rings stuck so bad that it wouldn't crank. Being that it was running before, it never would have crossed my mind to check.
Yeah it was crazy cause it had ma way off scratching my head thats for sure.
kenny21 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 am Yeah i was gonna jump off into it a little more than I want but I may have to pull the reigns back some cause they is just a good group of guys from mobile that like to just run 1/10th scale electric for fun like in church or school parking lots, they did tell me that those guys do some swearing for sure.
When you said that they were racing in the Industrial rd area, it made me think that it might be the same group of wannabe street outlaws from over this way. I have no tolerance for loud mouth thugs. They have offered to buy my car several times.
I am with you 110%. I was gonna build one to compete in the RCDRL and thought about it and ,well my wife said I had to stay cheap. I dont want to be around that and I hated to see that bunch everyttime at mobile everytime I went there and quit going friday noghts back then cause you can see the next day after that night with all the trash was insane.They is a hand count on one hand that I like but the rest is like you said , a bunch of thugs.
Even if it isn't them, its probably not my crowd. Almost all of my stuff is vintage, all run brushed motors, and all are on AM radios. I'm not likely to fit in with guys with drag Slash's and such. And I'm defiantly not about to build one.
I think I am gonna build me another gold pan for a 56 ford and do like what you are doing and use brushed and have fun with it.
kenny21 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 am Man you just need to get up with us when your off and cut up and just drop tail gates and cook out and have a blast
Sounds like fun.
But it will be a while. I am on straight nights until mid February. I only have a few off-days over the next month and a half. After that, we will be back on 7-on/7-off for a while.
Hey thats ok--- the few guys that we are with is some older guys and one has. his daughter with them and she is 7 years old and has her a little hot rod. They dont do the drinking and cussing at all unless one accidentally slips out. They are strict . It is just I think 6 of us and we get together at a church parking lot..If you get a chance check out the DR10 from AE.-- there is a guy on here who has chassis they build and its Factoryworks I think. He is real nice guy and very very helpful.-This is how I found to get back to here cause its been along time and I did a search and ran back across here, Anyway I am sure as hell glad to see you here and. you do not know how much I appreciate you helping me cause to me that meant the world and I mean that man.--- I sure wish you a awesome happy safe new year to you and your family and friends my friend.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

kenny21 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 am well my wife said I had to stay cheap.

I think I am gonna build me another gold pan for a 56 ford and do like what you are doing and use brushed and have fun with it.
Those two things might not go well together.

Unless you already have one, there will be nothing cheap about building a RC10 at the moment. Parts prices are jumping. You can buy many complete cars for what a Stealth transmission goes for, and the six gears aren't much less.

Unless things change (or I get lucky on ebay), I'm going to build some different stuff after I finish my current RC10 projects. Besides, that will make five buggies and three trucks.

Considering the cars that I have, my wife thought it was weird that I wanted a Tamiya Comical Grasshopper. After watching some videos of them running, now she wants a Comical Frog.

kenny21

Post by kenny21 »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:46 pm
kenny21 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 am well my wife said I had to stay cheap.

Those two things might not go well together.

Unless you already have one, there will be nothing cheap about building a RC10 at the moment. Parts prices are jumping. You can buy many complete cars for what a Stealth transmission goes for, and the six gears aren't much less.

Unless things change (or I get lucky on ebay), I'm going to build some different stuff after I finish my current RC10 projects. Besides, that will make five buggies and three trucks.

Considering the cars that I have, my wife thought it was weird that I wanted a Tamiya Comical Grasshopper. After watching some videos of them running, now she wants a Comical Frog.
Dayumnnnnnn you gonna have a hobby shop the way it sounds and yur right , I had no idea of the price on he golds so I may have to put that idea on the shelf-lolololo

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

This picture is older. The 10T is now painted and I have another that needs a body.

I have another gold pan that needs a body and wheels. I also have a Parma Spot Truck that needs a new body.

In addition to those, I also have new Kyosho 2014 Beetle and Tamiya Comical Grasshopper kits waiting to be built.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210105-213340_Gallery.jpg

duckhead

Post by duckhead »

kenny21 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 am Hey thats ok--- the few guys that we are with is some older guys and one has. his daughter with them and she is 7 years old and has her a little hot rod. They dont do the drinking and cussing at all unless one accidentally slips out. They are strict . It is just I think 6 of us and we get together at a church parking lot..If you get a chance check out the DR10 from AE.-- there is a guy on here who has chassis they build and its Factoryworks I think. He is real nice guy and very very helpful.-This is how I found to get back to here cause its been along time and I did a search and ran back across here, Anyway I am sure as hell glad to see you here and. you do not know how much I appreciate you helping me cause to me that meant the world and I mean that man.--- I sure wish you a awesome happy safe new year to you and your family and friends my friend.
Hey Kenny, welcome to the forums!

GoMachV is Jeff from Factory Works and likely the guy you talked to, and agreed he is a nice and helpful guy. Don't tell him I told you that :lol:

Post up some pics of what you have when you get time!

->Mark

duckhead

Post by duckhead »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:34 pm This picture is older. The 10T is now painted and I have another that needs a body.

I have another gold pan that needs a body and wheels. I also have a Parma Spot Truck that needs a new body.

In addition to those, I also have new Kyosho 2014 Beetle and Tamiya Comical Grasshopper kits waiting to be built.
Nice stable you have there, how'd the 10T paint job turn out? Also, you better get your wife that Frog if you got yourself a Grasshopper 8)

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

duckhead wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:39 am Nice stable you have there, how'd the 10T paint job turn out?
It turned out decent. The lines on the JConcepts reproduction body are far from straight or even, not that the original was great. The color change paint doesn't show well in pictures but is very noticeable as it moves through the sun. Throw in some MCI decals for good measure. Considering that I did it with mask masking tape and spray cans, I think it looks respectful.
Attachments
20210108_130325.jpg
20210108_130405.jpg