Can someone give me info on this rc10?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: Can someone give me info on this rc10?

Post by XLR8 »

the vintage ones are kinda rare and don't appear on ebay all the time.
Doug

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Since it's well used and you appear to like it, just run it around, just careful to not do curb slams etc. It's a nice example, but not sure where the market is right now. Search 'world's car' or 'rc10 worlds' on eBay to review the market.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

We have a new member whose focus is, clearly, valuation of his finding. ... so let's cut the chase - I'll give you $49 for it, including shipping of course! :D
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Hillarykay

Post by Hillarykay »

Lonestar wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 am We have a new member whose focus is, clearly, valuation of his finding. ... so let's cut the chase - I'll give you $49 for it, including shipping of course! :D
Honestly, I really like the car. And I'm a woman btw. Decided to keep it for my son so he can do something with it when he's older. He's only two so I'm sure by the time he's 18 and he has this car in as good of shape as it's in maybe it'll be worth keeping.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Hillarykay wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 am
Lonestar wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 am We have a new member whose focus is, clearly, valuation of his finding. ... so let's cut the chase - I'll give you $49 for it, including shipping of course! :D
Honestly, I really like the car. And I'm a woman btw. Decided to keep it for my son so he can do something with it when he's older. He's only two so I'm sure by the time he's 18 and he has this car in as good of shape as it's in maybe it'll be worth keeping.
$59? :mrgreen:

j/k - "I will keep it" is the right answer, Miss. Hopefully 16y from now your son will have "some" interest in RC cars. He'll be the last kid to have any :mrgreen:

Just to be clear - this won't replace your 401K, we aren't talking a vintage Rolex on vintage air-cooled Zuffenhausen goodness here. But still, if family stuff, keep if :)

Hillarykay

Post by Hillarykay »

Lonestar wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:16 am
Hillarykay wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 am
$59? :mrgreen:

j/k - "I will keep it" is the right answer, Miss. Hopefully 16y from now your son will have "some" interest in RC cars. He'll be the last kid to have any :mrgreen:

Just to be clear - this won't replace your 401K, we aren't talking a vintage Rolex on vintage air-cooled Zuffenhausen goodness here. But still, if family stuff, keep if :)
Well of course I understand it's not going to make him rich. It's the idea of him having something that is pretty rare and really cool and in good shape. So sorry I bothered ya with my asking value questions.

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

Hillarykay wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:22 am
Well of course I understand it's not going to make him rich. It's the idea of him having something that is pretty rare and really cool and in good shape. So sorry I bothered ya with my asking value questions.
This was no bother at all. You came here, asked questions, got the answers and was able to learn about the car you have. I see this as a big win. Plus we were able to get the honor of seeing your vintage rc and hear that you appreciate it enough after learning what you have to save it for your son. If you have any other questions dn't be afraid to ask. That is the reason a lot of us are here. :D

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

agreed. Some of the guys on here get a little edgy because it's a common pattern: new member, a couple of pictures, some questions that end up with valuation, which in turn ends up suspiciously ending up on ebay shortly thereafter.

It seems you are genuinely interested in the car details, and it's a great idea to save for your son, so that's a good thing. you're questions were perfectly acceptable.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I think the most important thing that people get confused is that rare does not mean valuable. Yes, the all black Worlds cars were the last and not as plentiful- but black parts is not an advantage, it’s quite the opposite. White parts are the ones that have value. Black parts continued to be made for years after production ended. Still a great car to hold onto, but do it for the right reasons. The enjoyment is worth more than the price tag
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Hillarykay

Post by Hillarykay »

Thanks everyone for the info you've given me. My son is 2 and a half right now and he is into nothing BUT cars. He probably has over 100 hotwheels and a lot of monster trucks. He also has a few remote control cars he is actually decent at driving already. I've decided to keep it for him. It will be really cool to get to see him play with something so cool and part of the rc history. He will love it when he's old enough. He already gets ticked that we don't let him play with it like all of his other cars. He loves watching it go though! For sure something I'm going to keep and pass down. Thanks everyone really appreciate it.

Hillarykay

Post by Hillarykay »

jwscab wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 am agreed. Some of the guys on here get a little edgy because it's a common pattern: new member, a couple of pictures, some questions that end up with valuation, which in turn ends up suspiciously ending up on ebay shortly thereafter.

It seems you are genuinely interested in the car details, and it's a great idea to save for your son, so that's a good thing. you're questions were perfectly acceptable.
Yeah I am. I'm going to keep it. Thanks!

Hillarykay

Post by Hillarykay »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:04 am I think the most important thing that people get confused is that rare does not mean valuable. Yes, the all black Worlds cars were the last and not as plentiful- but black parts is not an advantage, it’s quite the opposite. White parts are the ones that have value. Black parts continued to be made for years after production ended. Still a great car to hold onto, but do it for the right reasons. The enjoyment is worth more than the price tag
You're absolutely right. Thank you.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

that's really cool - sorry for having jumped on you earlier on... as said, common pattern, and rarely from "good" people :)

your son is lucky it seems. That car has Lunsford Punishers on it too (the metal links that hold the suspension and steering bits together), which is pretty cool (and expensive).

Just one watchout: those batteries are dead by now - keep it for show only, but don't expect them to make the car run at all.

Question for the eminent forum members: was AE already selling ballcup foam protectors in the mid 90's?!?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Yes, I remember the Team cars coming with them towards the end
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Hillarykay

Post by Hillarykay »

Lonestar wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:00 pm that's really cool - sorry for having jumped on you earlier on... as said, common pattern, and rarely from "good" people :)

your son is lucky it seems. That car has Lunsford Punishers on it too (the metal links that hold the suspension and steering bits together), which is pretty cool (and expensive).

Just one watchout: those batteries are dead by now - keep it for show only, but don't expect them to make the car run at all.

Question for the eminent forum members: was AE already selling ballcup foam protectors in the mid 90's?!?
It does run lol