Replacement parts for Goldpan RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

veghead211

Replacement parts for Goldpan RC10

Post by veghead211 »

I put my old RC10 back together and took it to a race last weekend and ended up breaking a rear hub carrier. I wanted to know if I could use this to replace it:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001705346&I=LX2557&P=K

I also looked at these other replacement parts from RPM and wanted to know if these would fit as well:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001705346&I=LXGAF4&P=K
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEU95&P=M

A lot of people were surprised to see me running such an old car but most ended up telling me not to bother racing it because the parts on it are going to break a lot (Our track has a lot of high jumps, etc). That said I want to be able to have some extras but I'm still unsure of what will fit and what will not.

Here is where I race:
http://www.capefearraceway.com/
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Heffay
Approved Member

Re: Replacement parts for Goldpan RC10

Post by Heffay »

I can't tell you what will work... but just use all those naysayer's comments as fuel to whoop some ass!

I've heard too many of those comments about me running brushless in an old RC10T!

Beat them, then tell them to go buy an OLD car!

P.S. it is my understanding that most, if not all parts, originally made for the RC10 are available in at least a few online sources. (some repros, of course)
JRX2 in the late 80s... have since come to my senses with the RC10T, yes of course it's vintage! Wife is always destroying her Tamiaya LunchBox to call me her personal mechanic a few more times. Enjoying the fresh build of an RJ Speed Digger.

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

The parts you listed should work on your RC-10 gold pan.

I have included a link to parts still manufactured by Associated for the Rc-10 below.

http://67.199.85.166/main/maincategory.php?category=3010axxxxx&brand=assoc&nav=off1.10bnav

If you are interested in building a more modified version of the RC-10, check out the following post.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10403

ED

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

How is that track? It's about 45min north of me and while I don't have any 1/8 scale stuff I have wanted to check it out for sometime

FordPSD
Approved Member

Post by FordPSD »

veghead211 I own the carriers and at one time had them on. I may have sanded them a little for smoother operation if there was some friction. I have those RPM rear arms on my Goldtub now. I think it says Andy's on the arms but they are exact. They have the exact same width. They are not a wider arm. The front arms pictured will work but are a wider arm than the stock ones. Those aftermarket arms appear to be stronger although I never put them to the test..

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

those parts will work for you.

no as far as the front arms you inked. those are the same with as the stock rc10 wide arm that came out on the rc10 ce, rc10 team car, rc10 stealth ce, and rc10 worlds car. if you are running the narrow arms that came out on the early rc10's you will need a longer set of tie rods.

veghead211

Post by veghead211 »

Heffay wrote:I can't tell you what will work... but just use all those naysayer's comments as fuel to whoop some ass!

I've heard too many of those comments about me running brushless in an old RC10T!

Beat them, then tell them to go buy an OLD car!
P.S. it is my understanding that most, if not all parts, originally made for the RC10 are available in at least a few online sources. (some repros, of course)
Some of the older guys that have raced for a long time (who also own a few goldpans themselves) said the RC10 just wasn't a car designed to be run on the type of track where we race. Most of them said it was meant to be run on somewhat smoother layouts. You can see pictures of some of the jumps on the link I already posted. Most there thought it was really cool and asked me a lot of questions about when I bought it, etc.
Charlie don't surf wrote:How is that track? It's about 45min north of me and while I don't have any 1/8 scale stuff I have wanted to check it out for sometime
Cape Fear Raceway is probably the largest off road track I have ever raced on. The layout is awesome and the people there do a great job running the races. Most classes are 1/8 scale but the Short Course crowd is big, which is the other class I race in.
LowClassCC wrote:those parts will work for you.

no as far as the front arms you inked. those are the same with as the stock rc10 wide arm that came out on the rc10 ce, rc10 team car, rc10 stealth ce, and rc10 worlds car. if you are running the narrow arms that came out on the early rc10's you will need a longer set of tie rods.
You wouldn't happen to know a website where I can find replacements for the front a arms? One of the a arms on the front is cracked and I know I will need to replace it soon. I would like to see if I can get these replacements for my suspension from one place.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

do you have the short arms? if so i would just upgrade to the longer arms and replace the tie rods. other than that the best place to find replacement short arms would be ebay of from one of the member here. honestly you will like the rpm arms you found on tower.

veghead211

Post by veghead211 »

LowClassCC wrote:do you have the short arms? if so i would just upgrade to the longer arms and replace the tie rods. other than that the best place to find replacement short arms would be ebay of from one of the member here. honestly you will like the rpm arms you found on tower.
I do have some extra tie rods that I think would work. I have also heard good things about RPM parts and their durability.