kyosho lazer zx late edition?

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

isobarik
Approved Member

Re: kyosho lazer zx late edition?

Post by isobarik »

USA-1 wrote:
Sure is did you bought it like that ??? seems like very little use on the shocktowers to.
If, it seams like someone tried to build an legend.

mvh Isobarik
Hi I actually bought it like this, this came up on Ebay about a year ago and the guy selling it said it was some kind of special I didn't pay much attention I just thought it was a neat looking Lazer having never seen one done in CF and those shock towers.

I don't know if it was ever use the front bumper was like new I put it on my ZXR. :D
you have to get an optima mid body for it and make a period correct paint job on it should look awsome.

Posting an pic of my daughters runner.

mvh Isobarik

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

crusaderlyf wrote: thanks for that helpful info, but I think zxr MKII still come with the zxr slipper, hyperclutch only equiped at three cars:zxrr、zx-s & zx-s evolution。
I second that. I have a ZX-R Mk.2 I've owned since new in the 1990's and it definitely came with the ZXR slipper, not the hyperclutch.

Since then I've bought probably 3 or 4 ZX-R mk2's and they've ALL come with the dual red pad ZXR slipper.....and please don't tell me that their original owners downgraded the hyperclutch slipper.

USA-1
Approved Member

Post by USA-1 »

you have to get an optima mid body for it and make a period correct paint job on it should look awsome.

Posting an pic of my daughters runner.

mvh Isobarik
I was just going to buy a TBG ZX body/tray and wing. How well do the Optima mid with tray fit the ZX I assuming it's pretty close. I may depending on fit.

Nice Yokomo 8)

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

USA-1
since its not made for it its not a straight fit but what i have done is making the undertray fit first and when you have done that fit the upperbody if when you get on you will see what i mean.

You do know that i has to be the LWB optima mid body Rick Howart ran one back i sydney since the zx body was not the best looking.

Minichamps

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=72622&id=23061

dont want to be picky but that its not an MKII just an zxr

Easiest way to spot the MKII beasides the hyperclutch is angled shock towers in front and more holes on the rear 6 compared to 4 and angled battery bars. The battery it self are straight and moved 6mm rearward but the bars are further out on the rear making them angled due to otherwise there would be even tighter of space between the bars and the motor. The battery bars itself are a little different on one of either ends they have machined them down abit.

mvh Isobarik

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

Isobarik,

That link to my NIB is a Mk.2 - guess you just looked at the box artwork which Kyosho didn't change between the ZX-R and ZX-R mk.2.

This is one of my ZX-R mk.1's It has plastic battery clips, upright front shock tower + fewer holes in the rear tower, different chassis, motor plate etc.

This is one of my ZX-R mk.2's Differences from mk.1 include rear camberlink plate adaptors to change roll centre, wider front track and UJ's, battery location altered with new chassis, new steering link, composite battery straps,

Unless I'm missing something (?) these are the only versions of the ZX-R that I am aware of, other than the ZX-RR which I don't have and seem to be pretty rare. I don't believe they were ever sold in the UK but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Cheers,

Ian
isobarik wrote: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=72622&id=23061

dont want to be picky but that its not an MKII just an zxr

Easiest way to spot the MKII beasides the hyperclutch is angled shock towers in front and more holes on the rear 6 compared to 4 and angled battery bars. The battery it self are straight and moved 6mm rearward but the bars are further out on the rear making them angled due to otherwise there would be even tighter of space between the bars and the motor. The battery bars itself are a little different on one of either ends they have machined them down abit.

mvh Isobarik

USA-1
Approved Member

Post by USA-1 »

I bought the ZX-R when they 1st released it way back when. I always thought those front shock tower would let you know. This is original except for the tecnacraft turnbuckles.
I drilled holes for clips to stop battery bars from popping loose.

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Zxrr did get sold here in the uk.

Bodyshells, forget the optima shell get the zxs(comes with undertray) or parma tomcat shell, but youll need a zxr undertray for the parma shell. Kamtec sell both and looks better than the zx or zxr and value for money.

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

Minichamps sorry for that didnt se the last chassy pick.

USA-1 looking good that zxr of yourse especially the nice chassi.

Regarding the ZXR-R yeah it got sold in sweden to but the "boom" was over there wasnt an lazer in every street corner anymore so i dont think they sold that many. Before that i remember when a small company made an catalogue there was seveal pages with just parts for the lazer .

mvh Isobarik

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Yup not many were sold in the uk either.

Dont forget the longer top deck and rear top deck mount is a lot closer to the motor. Also evo shocks came in the kit.

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

I've never seen a UK advert for a ZX-RR, either from Ripmax or from any model shops and I have a complete set of RRCi magazines right up until 2000 when 1/10th off-road coverage got really poor and everyone want touring car racing instead.

I'd love to get hold of one if anyone knows of a decent original spec ZX-RR for sale?

minichamps11
Approved Member

Post by minichamps11 »

BTW, are we now agreed that the ZX-R mk.2 didn't come with a hyperclutch? :o :D

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

I bought a mk2 from ripmax and came with a hyper but was at the end of the line, and was informed that was the reason from a contact i have. I also got a zxrr a bit later on and used as spares which i think you had off me. Ok got rid of chassis and top deck and bits i didnt feel made the car better, some made it worse. Kit came with hyper in a separate bag and also shocks, box was pretty much the same but had a few stickers & manual had a separate yellow sheet with hyper instructions and one for shocks but my memory is a bit vague so apologies mate.

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Pics of the cars above look superb guys, pity we cant all get all zx, zxr drivers together in one indoor venue for a totally kyosho event and have a lot of fun.

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

minichamps11 wrote:BTW, are we now agreed that the ZX-R mk.2 didn't come with a hyperclutch? :o :D
Sorry cant agree on that since all MKII´s i have bought have had the hyperclutch. :mrgreen:

mvh Isobarik

i think we have to seattle this on the track :lol:

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

always wanted to learn about the lazer's this is a great thread :P have to read it again to take it all in 8)